test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF AP Generation Bug

tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Looks like they introduced an AP generation bug. Now instead of getting AP per mob hit we get the AP generation from a single mob. I am lucky to get a daily off every other group of mobs.

Add in the unstoppable bug and we are doing 50% less damage.
Post edited by tarmalen on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    looks like this was stealth nerf ....still no fix for ap generation on aoe encounters
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Yes GWF has to really work for damage now but a properly built GWF will be #1 in damage.

Out of my Malabog runs this weekend I was #1 Damage till my buddy GWF logged on and he was #1 while I was #2.
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jup, Rush in, swing on tiny mobs, pray your un'usable buggs out, and keep running ahead of the team... x.X no wait, let's go sentinel instead.. >.<
    Don't get me wrong, if / when unstoppable is working, a gwf can do stuff.. and while rushing in ahead they can even get those aoe dps since others are way behind =) it's not that they'r actually dealing "more" dps than the other classes. they just rush in to get a few aoe hits on the small mobs before the cw removes them
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    With Malabog let the GF do the pulling as the small goblins melee really hard.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Yes GWF has to really work for damage now but a properly built GWF will be #1 in damage.

Out of my Malabog runs this weekend I was #1 Damage till my buddy GWF logged on and he was #1 while I was #2.

That is not a hard feat when you run with folks that are not optimized for DPS.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm not spouting nonsense that my AT-WILLS are my biggest DPS.

I demonstrated that our AP generation went in the toilet when they removed AP per target hit.

I also demonstrated that at-wills take 99.9 seconds hitting ONE target to generate full AP.

You want to consider that working as intended then you are running with folks that don't know their class.

Not So Fast = 5.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss
    Indomitable Battle Strike = 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: Bonus on a kill
    Roar= 6.5% Regardless of targets hit: 0% on miss

Wicked Strike=1.5% per target: 0% on miss
    Weapon master strike 1.5% per target: 0% on miss

So I can do a full encounter rotation and have less than 20% AP. Lowest cool down is Not So Fast at 9.9s with current recovery. The other two are over 10 seconds. For the following example I round all to 10s.

Using just encounters in the first rotation nets 20%. 10 seconds until next rotation.
    Five full rotations to reach 100% for a daily. So in a perfect world and chaining encounters it would take the following time.

20% at 3 seconds
    40% at 13 seconds
    60% at 23 seconds
    80% at 33 seconds
    100% at 43 seconds for full AP.

Using just at-wills with ~1.5 second animation time and hitting 5 mobs would generate roughly 7.5%.

5 mobs hit: 100% / 7.5 =13.3
    4 mobs hit: 100% /6% =16.6
    3 mobs hit: 100% /4.5% =22.2
    2 mobs hit: 100% /3% =33.3
    1 mob hit :100% /1.5% = 66.6

So in a perfect world with mobs not moving and me not dodging red ground or mob hits nor missing the hits is as follows:

13.3 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 5 mobs for 20 seconds for a daily.
    16.6 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 4 mobs for 24.9 seconds for a daily
    22.2 X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 3 mobs for 33.3 seconds for a daily.
    33.3X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 2 mobs for 49.9 seconds for a daily.
    66.6X 1.5 seconds = Hitting 1 mobs for 99.9 seconds for a daily.

GWF is an AOE class. The less mobs on the board the less AP we regen. When there is more than 5 mobs on the board then we should be generating massive amounts of AP to deal with the large number of mobs. That was working as designed before the patch using our encounters. Now that they have removed AP generation regardless of mobs hit our AP generation has tanked which means less dailies meaning less DPS.

When there is only one mob it takes us longer generate full AP, after all we are an AOE class . Now we are stuck with the same constraint regardless of mob count.

I talked with other class members in the guild and they did tests to see how long it would take to generate AP.

The best was 9 seconds. Yes 9 seconds. From empty to full using encounters.

The worst was GWF as shown above.

GWF job is to take out the trash. Given the current state. You are better off taking ANY class that is NOT a GWF.

Nothing much to say here other than my PVE enjoyment was trying to keep #1 DPS against my guild which always depended on the dungeon. I normally finished in top 2 and lowest was 3. Now I am lucky to get 3rd and usually end up just above the DC.

Recap. AOE class no longer generates AP to handle large groups of mobs. Stuck generating AP against SINGLE target.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I'm not spouting nonsense that my AT-WILLS are my biggest DPS.

I demonstrated that our AP generation went in the toilet when they removed AP per target hit.

I also demonstrated that at-wills take 99.9 seconds hitting ONE target to generate full AP.

You want to consider that working as intended then you are running with folks that don't know their class.

This guy has a point, and knows quite well what he's talking about. As I observed these exact same issues since the new patch.
  • Options
    slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    After the patch, GWF is only going to get #1 in damage if the rest of the group are healers, aren't geared very well, or are afk/dead.
  • Options
    wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »

Well all had once in group that kind of troll TR 12k GS doing same damage as healer did.