test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter and the goldsellers...

n0oblordn0oblord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was checking out buying some Zen the other day and wanted to use Ultimate Game Card, but as I live where you cant buy them in the stores I decided to get them online.
So this is what I did.

Clicked on the Ultimate Game Card link in the news feed (old news).
Clicked on buy online on the Ultimate Game Card site
Clicked on the first option of official resellers, Offgamers
Searched the site for Neverwinter

And got the option to buy Game cards, Power Leveling, AD and Gold.

This is where I started to wonder, Going through the official page onto the reseller they have a deal with and then being sent to a goldseller site is kind of weird in my book. I mean PWE has got to know about this. This just adds to the whole why dont they deal with the goldspammers and exploiters
Post edited by n0oblord on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    If you come across any gold selling websites do report them to support.

It does take time to take action against websites which violate our Terms of Service but making sure the company knows about these websites is much appreciated.
    However gold selling websites are often filled with viruses and malware so please do not actively search for these sites. Only report those which you stumble upon and be sure to use an antivirus and anti-malware software after you come in contact with these malicious websites.

I am going to leave this thread open for now but this is generally a bad voodoo thread. We'll see how it goes though but please keep posts respectful and do not, under any circumstances, post gold selling websites on the Official Forums. :)
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    PWE don't own UGC, they allow them to be spent. They have no control over who UGC allow to stock their cards.
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why are you hunting the game name on the site?
    I just looked there.
    You press buy online on the UGC site, you get the site with a page of UGC cards.
    you click on the card size you want.
    NO need to hunt game unless you are looking for something else. The cards are not game specific.

Try one of the other sites.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    chaelk wrote: »
    why are you hunting the game name on the site?
    I just looked there.
    You press buy online on the UGC site, you get the site with a page of UGC cards.
    you click on the card size you want.
    NO need to hunt game unless you are looking for something else. The cards are not game specific.

Try one of the other sites.

I would look up for the game too, since I don't know anything about those cards, it may even break part of the service agreement that UGC has with PW that retailers are allowed to sell AD and Gold via UGC.

What I don't understand is, why not buy the Zen directly from PW?