test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP camp bug using

dizip94dizip94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello,
many people use some bug that allows them to camp the enemie's resp place.

I took a screenshot.

nn.jpg

I hope that everyone who use this bug will be punished.
Post edited by dizip94 on

Comments

• sballarddevsballarddev Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the report! We are currently looking into this.
    QA Tester
    Cryptic Studios
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    They won't be. Working as intended - lucky players.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you intend to take full advantage of this yourself.

this is NOT illegal as has been proven on many a case, as with any exploit/bug, PWE/cryptic will congratulate and reward those who use many exploits/bugs to achieve personal gain... i advise you to do the same... Proof: recent nighmare exploit
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO hiding in your spawn is the exploit.

The punishment should be auto-death, double injury and -1000 glory for hiding in your spawn for over 15 seconds.

People wouldn't take the trouble to get up there if you didn't hide up there.

Other issue is the rage quitters that encourage people to chicken out due to unevened odds (as evident in your screenshot). Rage quitters should be deleted and all accounts permanently banned so you don't end up outnumbered.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • xoltahxoltah Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree - camping your opponent's spawn point is an exploit and should be fixed/severely punished.
    I disagree with punishing rage-quiters or anyone who quits because of being utterly out-matched by the other team. The problem that needs fixing is the way teams are chosen - currently the AI that does this is brain-dead and needs to be completely replaced. Nobody is going to allow themselves to be constantly slaughtered ad norsium for the sole purpose of allowing the opposing team to *feel good* or *feel superior*. Furthermore, due to the way many teams (pugs) are just so BADLY played as a TEAM, I can totally understand people who quit in disgust at how their TEAM is performing (or not).

The other thing which often makes people quit (me included) is the presence of BOTS either on your team or the opponent's team - I refuse to *support* or *carry* these scumbags that run automated bots to exploit the game for their own gain at the expense of the remaining REAL players.

Another gripe of mine is the band width of PvP being 10 levels! That is insane! 10 levels = 10 more feat points invested, 10 more power points invested, better gear etc etc ... so anyone in the lower 1/2 of the band is clearly outmatched by those players in the top 1/2 of the band. If the bands were narrower or some other method used to compose teams (gear score?) then the problem of people quitting due to unfair mismatching of teams/players will continue. Class composition also plays a big role - a team of squishies up against a team of heavy-hitters and tanks is always going to be unbalanced ... the whole system needs review.