test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

which is better now HOF or FS

rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Temple
So for single target dps which is better now:

Is Hammer of Fate single target dps higher or lower than flamestrike now?

Does Flamestrke do 1 tick or 2?

I was trying to test it trades of blade and i couldnt tell if Flamestrike was ticking twice, or if i was just hitting 2 dummy targets?

It wouldnt make any sense to lower Hammer of Fate all the way down to the same dps for single target as Flamestrike, but stranger thigns have happened in MMO's
Post edited by rnewton8 on

Comments

• Options
    uri92uri92 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Flame Strike is using two different areas.
    The small one in the center hits first and throw the central targets in the air.
    The larger one hits every targets in the area and push them.
    So the targets in the center of your AoE will be hit twice.

The damage are kinda the same than HoF after this stupid nerf.

Pros:
    Once hit, impossible to dodge Flame Strike, unlike HoF which is very easy to dodge.
    When the first hit is critical, then the second hit is also a critical.
    Area of effect.

Cons:
    Both hits are either critical or no critical, unlike HoF you can't hope for a critical second hit when the first one was normal.
    Harder to target because you have to center your target in the area.

The way it is now, I don't think Hammer of Fate is worth anything...
    Flamme strike is better if you are fighting more than 1 enemy, and is probably kinda equal when fighting 1 enemy anyway.. HoF is only superior if you land the 3 hits, which only occur on nubs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - DRAGON - ( Mehrea DC 13.1k ) - ( Volsung TR 11.7k )
  • Options
    tancred300tancred300 Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2013
    Hammer of Fate is not worth using anymore at all.

If you want a bit of damage on your daily use flame strike now, if you can hit it it does some decent aoe damage and cc during the knock-up.
    Damage isnt even better than daunting light encounter though, at least thats what it feels like.
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Used both in a dungeon run yesterday. Flamestrike's damage at rank 2 was on par with HoF's damage at rank 3. Use Flamestrike unless / until we can convince the devs to undo the nerf on it.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think you're better off putting down Hallowed Ground then using Daunting Light if you want damage.