test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How are GF's are patch

irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Looks like they got a decent buff and was wondering if their dps went up or stayed the same.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2013
    Well... At the moment I feel like I'm waving around a tooth pick. After I change out my armor I should be a bit better, but I don't predict that my dps will ever be up to what it was with the old stalwart bonus.

But what buffs in particular are you talking about?
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crushing Surge and the fixes to some minor abilities
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Combat Superiority: This class feature now properly affects Terrifying Impact.
    Crushing Surge: The string of attacks from this power is now around 17% faster overall, resulting in increased damage output.
    Crushing Surge: The heal from the third hit of this power has been increased by 15%.
    Crushing Surge: The third hit of this power no longer incorrectly benefits less from the Power stat than intended.
    Ferocious Action: This passive power no longer incorrectly activates at 20% health at Rank 1.
    Ferocious Action: The Rank Up info of this power now correctly lists the percentage of health at which it activates.
    Kneebreaker: This power is now properly considered as melee damage.
    Knight's Valor: Incoming damage from this power is no longer sometimes evaluated as an Encounter power for the purpose of triggering effects.
    Knight's Valor: This power no longer incorrectly multiplies its Action Point gain for every target affected.
    Supremacy of Steel: The follow-up AoE power now properly benefits from stats and buffs on the player, and is properly affected by defenses on the target.
    Feat: Iron Guard: A typo in the tooltip has been addressed.
    Feat: Pin Down: This feat now properly adds .1 / .2 / .3 seconds to Prone time instead of adding 10 / 20 / 30%.

No buffs in there to spells that players even put points into (yes, Crushing Surge is not a Power most GF's have nor would respec to. Cleave is just too good).

More likely many players have switched to dps sets or mixed sets because they miss the damage of Stalwarts.

In addition, TR got some hefty nerfs, so average TRs may make them look better than before.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have yet to enter a dungeon, but I'm currently sitting on 9.6k Power 25% crit and 24% arp with the full Timeless set and the damage output from the MotH skirmish looks good. Normally competing for the #1 spot with a rogue or wizard. Also got 600 regen via the cat, bc this is what Stalwart offered.

Extensive dungeon testing will ultimatively decide whether or not I want to sacrifice some DPS for survivability. I tried some Life Steal and was pretty pleased, but it doesn't proc from Villain's Menace right now which is subpar.
  • twinsbustertwinsbuster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hard Nerf of Knight's Valor, but they didn't fix the most important bug. The skill still bugged out all the time and required you to relog to solve the problem. Come on it had been a half year and the bug is still not fix. Many players rise this problem again and again and they don't even care.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hard Nerf of Knight's Valor, but they didn't fix the most important bug. The skill still bugged out all the time and required you to relog to solve the problem. Come on it had been a half year and the bug is still not fix. Many players rise this problem again and again and they don't even care.

With the change to players porting into Dungeons at the last location, you can now quickly change characters when the bug happens and get right back into combat.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Also STAL was an amazing set for adding DMG but... it was only about 200 Weapon Damage gain compared to pure DPS builds.

Timeless about 9k Power
    Knights Cap set 8k Power
    Mix/Match Blue/Epics - 10k Power

The key to all of these sets are reaching 20% CRT / 24% ARP from your PET buffs and then stacking all power on main character enchants.

STAL ~ 15k Power with 20% CRT / 24% ARP

This means that ONLY power was the difference between sets. Looking at 5-7k power difference which is only 200 to 280 Weapon Damage difference between sets. About a 20% damage difference from my Con/DEX build which 10% is made up with stacking STR vs. CON. So about a 10% damage lost over all.

The damage lost is also maximum potential and from run to run damage has huge difference depending on party and debuffs. Since each run has a limited amount of health for all mobs/bosses it's all shared with teammates. This is why a combat log parser is very important as it shows your DPS per encounter which you can use just for bosses. To give you a good DPS value.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    timeless made me les tankier, but DPs is pretty much similar, i will sacreifice some damage once i get the formorian set since i prefer to have a little bit more mitigation
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    timeless made me les tankier, but DPs is pretty much similar, i will sacreifice some damage once i get the formorian set since i prefer to have a little bit more mitigation

If you don't have Ancient's set right now, silver, you will be pleased when you get the Fabled Fomorian set. Ancient and Timeless make for a pretty balanced character overall, particularly when you follow dkcandy's enchanting advice listed above, and Formorian will only make it better.