test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No compensation for Stalwart Bulwark rework?

2»

Comments

• chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    darkami669 wrote: »
    I was using what was in the game, I get the nerf , but they should of let us take the enchantments out. There was no poor judgement , it was the best in slot of GF bottom line. I spend real life money and time , they should let us get out of it , since it was THEIR issue. It was not like it was a bug or exploit .

You mentioned that stalwart was the best in slot of GF bottom line. From this, I can surely tell that you had already figured out the OP of this set don't you? A T1 set that give 8k power add-on after being hit? com'on...

You know it gonna be changed (only a matter of time), thus i assume that you would love to use it as much as possible before the change. I know it hurts when the change hit, it felt like you're no longer able to fly. So you actually want some compensation in return for your investment/judgement. Stalwart is still usable now, just not in it OP stat..

It is still your judgement and decision to use it and build on it.. It is their mistake that they did not fix it asap. One, they never force you to use stalwart, second, you know it the 'best' OP T1 set that is inevitable to a change. You should be prepared for it.

Hopefully, they would give you poor guys a chance to take it out. Lucky for me, I chose T2 Timeless over Stalwart from the start, save my effort and trouble.
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    yogokou wrote: »

The real issue is the broken game mechanic of un-socketing enchantments. In a few months new tier equipment will be introduced in the game, and everyone will be expected to suddenly pay millions of diamonds to transfer his enchantments? Making all player's time and resources spent void is a sure way to drive players to stop playing. Un-socketing prices should be seriously lowered, or some other mechanic should be introduced, the current one is not efficient, and irritating to players.

Sad to hear that, but it is one of their ways of earning money in this game. Hopefully, they had better ideas or mechanic in future... I'm with you.
  • darkami669darkami669 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    You mentioned that stalwart was the best in slot of GF bottom line. From this, I can surely tell that you had already figured out the OP of this set don't you? A T1 set that give 8k power add-on after being hit? com'on...

You know it gonna be changed (only a matter of time), thus i assume that you would love to use it as much as possible before the change. I know it hurts when the change hit, it felt like you're no longer able to fly. So you actually want some compensation in return for your investment/judgement. Stalwart is still usable now, just not in it OP stat..

It is still your judgement and decision to use it and build on it.. It is their mistake that they did not fix it asap. One, they never force you to use stalwart, second, you know it the 'best' OP T1 set that is inevitable to a change. You should be prepared for it.

Hopefully, they would give you poor guys a chance to take it out. Lucky for me, I chose T2 Timeless over Stalwart from the start, save my effort and trouble.

So let us say you have a set of feats that are really powerful , so you take them ( like shocking exuction for rogues ). Now the devs come and nerf them so now they are useless , but they give no respec , and you have to pay real money to reset your feats.

That is what they did with gear instead of feats .
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    darkami669 wrote: »
    So let us say you have a set of feats that are really powerful , so you take them ( like shocking exuction for rogues ). Now the devs come and nerf them so now they are useless , but they give no respec , and you have to pay real money to reset your feats.

That is what they did with gear instead of feats .

I would prefer to have paid 300 ZEN for a respec than 5Million AD to unsocket all enchants.
  • silverfox1313silverfox1313 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    chipster wrote: »

So the moral of this story is??? That you should never use the best things in the game for your character? and especially don't pay money for them! Don't slot your gear with the best enchants just make your group compensate for your poor choice of feats, gear, and enchantments??

Yah, I won't make the same mistake again, in fact I haven't logged on to my GF since (or really the game at all). Why you would defend them is way beyond me, it's too bad this non-sense didn't happen to timeless instead of Stalwart then I could act like a ******bag to you... Yes, that is what I think about people with these hollow arguments... the pure fact that you don't see that most of the recent changes have hurt the game, the player base, and in turn their monetary income is beyond me.

Sometimes there is just no way to wake some people up to the truth. This decision was poorly made, even shady in some respect. If you don't agree, fine, keep spending your money on it, nothing I could type would likely change that. Makes me feel sorry for you.
    edited September 2013
    So the moral of this story is??? That you should never use the best things in the game for your character? and especially don't pay money for them! Don't slot your gear with the best enchants just make your group compensate for your poor choice of feats, gear, and enchantments??

Yah, I won't make the same mistake again, in fact I haven't logged on to my GF since (or really the game at all). Why you would defend them is way beyond me, it's too bad this non-sense didn't happen to timeless instead of Stalwart then I could act like a ******bag to you... Yes, that is what I think about people with these hollow arguments... the pure fact that you don't see that most of the recent changes have hurt the game, the player base, and in turn their monetary income is beyond me.

Sometimes there is just no way to wake some people up to the truth. This decision was poorly made, even shady in some respect. If you don't agree, fine, keep spending your money on it, nothing I could type would likely change that. Makes me feel sorry for you.

The moral of the story is, don't trust the developer fully. Items get revamp over and over. Trust yourself and make the right decision.
  • azrael778azrael778 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    Cryptic didn't even take us out to dinner first. :(

I feel dirty like one of those Craig List Girls.

Hahaha you are absolutely right!
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    I was compensated ~20k from salvage =P

Lol but seriously I know some people that had greater/perfect soulforged and rank 8-9's in their stalwarts, they should have at least made it free to unsocket them.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • bratzinatorbratzinator Member Posts: 68
    edited September 2013
    Unbinding enchants is especially tough for people with rank 6-8 enchants, which I would call on the level of casual gamers. Rank 5 and below are easy to remake and Rank 9 & 10 have a really fair cost of unbinding. When you pay 6m AD for a Rank 10 you don't worry too much about spending 300k to save it. But Rank 7 enchants get completely screwed, unbinding them is like AH price + 10%.