test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Major Burst Healing Nerf

whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
People don't realize, but the HoF was actually our biggest heal. With proper setup and some luck, I could get 80k* from three crits. That's 12k AoE healing. We don't have anything else that can come close to that -- especially since they lied about Daunting Light and Flame Strike fixes to be "damage coming from an encounter": They still do not proc Repurpose Soul. My DL regularly crits for 20k. The Repurpose Soul from that would be a better heal than my BoH! (3k PER mob hit.)

It used to be fun to throw the Hammer at a boss and watch everyone's health jump up by half after he did a big attack. But now I have to be an obedient little servant *ahem* leader and just put down circles while everyone else plays the game.

* Divine Divine Glow on self and boss, Prophecy of Doom on Boss, Nimbus of Light on boss, Disciple of Divine Lore, Cycle of Change, Terrifying Insight, and just Lesser Vorpal. I've actually seen a 118k crit, but there were debuffs from other players.

Did anyone else use the Hammer in this way? I guess AS + MH is the way to go since it's the new bug we have to rely on since the Sun Burst "fix". I'm glad I got a respec. Not even sure I'll take the hammer. Maybe 1 rank for an emergency push.

Comments

• Options
    scionertscionert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I haven't thought about HoF in that way.

I think it's too much of a gamble since you need it to crit. Even at around 30% crit chance.
    I think it would be better to use Divine armor as an emergency daily.

Anyway, i don't find HoF nerf that big since I don't pvp much.

What irks me though is the freakin Sun Burst "fix".
    And i won't rely on MH much, i don't think that bug will last that long.
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Bit situational, isn't it? Relying on several crits, two encounter-derived debuffs, a passive, a monster with enough health to TAKE that damage, a vorpal enchant, and (of course) a number of specific feats.

Contrast with, say, astral shield: provides 40% damage reduction for whole party, a big chunk of heals for same, is a big obvious blue circle, and only needs one encounter. Or, if we're sticking with dailies, moontouched HG? Needs a lot of feat investment to get to moontouched, admittedly, but it's a guaranteed 25% heal to everyone, along with a damage-dealing and damage resistance buff. No crits or anything needed.

I can imagine it's lovely to see crazy GREEN NUMBERZ, certainly, but I'd guess that not many clerics went down the "use repurpose soul as a primary healing source" route.

Of course, at this point we should probably stop considering ANY dailies as reliable sources of healing, what with the new problems in AP generation, but hey. :p

EDIT: ninja'd again!