test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the game boring? what do you want to see more?

furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Earlier when I was searching for more reviews about Neverwinter, I saw some articles and comments that they enjoyed playing it at first, but when they reach lvl 10 it starts to get boring and some of them quits, but ofcourse the game has more positives than negatives. I remember when I was lvl 30 I stopped playing for a while because I find it boring already, because of same old quests(Kill that, loot that, collect that, go there) although u get to do those same kind of quests in different places it's still quite tiring to do the same kind of quests. I have a friend who quits playing it at lvl 14 and the other one at lvl 40s, because they said "Graphics are great, action is amazing, but it's simply boring..." Which I agree, the reason why I reached lvl 60 is because of PvPs, I just hope that they have a plan to add more things in this game to prevent players from quitting or getting bored, and I hope they add more interesting things that would make the players come back.
SIGNATURE
Post edited by furion192 on

Comments

• judgemelaterjudgemelater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    You have to make it what you want it to be. The game is very easy to level up in once you focus on leveling. I'm saying this out of personal experience as I have 3 level 60 character and on my way on my fourth character.
    You should just give it a try and have focus, do not care about Guilds until level 60 at least once, there are tons of people who are either creating guilds or working their hardest to get into guilds in this game. There is nothing beneficial by joining one except for help with quests.
    You won't need help with anything but dungeons and the two last leveling Zones (Mount Hotenow and Whispering Caverns), although Hotenow is more difficult.
    A fun thing is that you don't have to do any Dungeons to level up, you won't need the "gear" that is dropped until Epic Dungeons level 60.
    This is just my opinion.

-Daniel J.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    To be honest I want a new development team.. This one just seems to not be very good...people should start to lose jobs
  • snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    To be honest I want a new development team.. This one just seems to not be very good...people should start to lose jobs

...........really

just gonna say that without one useful bit of information?
  • zalcszalcs Banned Users Posts: 345 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    snoophog wrote: »
    ...........really

just gonna say that without one useful bit of information?

Have you seen the **** they've pulled lately? almost everyone should get the boot
  • snoophogsnoophog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »
    Have you seen the **** they've pulled lately? almost everyone should get the boot

again, examples of what they have completely broken beyond repair that should lead to a mass exodus of players and staff?

last I checked this is still a functional game

OT: Give me a profession that revolves around some sort of player house building, make it revolve around gold usage rather than AD and then monetise the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of themed furniture
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Should I pretend like this development team is capable of doing their job?
    Introducing more content and adding more bugs without fixing original bugs.. Even adding new bugs to old content..

Attempting to balance classes resulting to even worse balance than before?

And you think they are capable developers? Where I am from if you can't do your job.. You are replaced..
  • usernumber999usernumber999 Member Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    with the latest patch, it is boring now. your fun has been limited to 24k rough diamonds a day
  • judgemelaterjudgemelater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Should I pretend like this development team is capable of doing their job?
    Introducing more content and adding more bugs without fixing original bugs.. Even adding new bugs to old content..

Attempting to balance classes resulting to even worse balance than before?

And you think they are capable developers? Where I am from if you can't do your job.. You are replaced..

Hey there you two. Why the hate? Why do you have a reason to show so much hate against them? Have you tried satisfying 2.000.000 people (Choosing not to write a specific number). It's probably impossible to satisfy that many people, don't you agree?
    Everyone with their own opinion, their own thoughts...
    It's quite amazing how different people think.
    Personally I respect and really enjoy everything they've done. They've done incredible work and deserve more love than hate. They have spent months preparing this game and if there are some things that won't dissappear, there are bugs.
    There will ALWAYS be bugs, no matter what you do. It sounds weird if you haven't tried making something like this. I've tried out a different engine called "CryEngine" which is Free to download (find it on Google yourself), anyways, when you create something, you have to expect bugs. They'll haunt you in your sleep (not really)... (or maybe, I dunno, they haven't haunted me... yet...)
    Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment are both amazing companies and if you want to complain, please do, I bet they like feedback, but the feedback should be CONSTRUCTIVE, not RAMBLING about how much you hate them and how they should lose their jobs, etc.
    I am not going to give you an example of Constructive Feedback, but I believe they'd love to get some.

If you really hate PWE and CS this much I guess YOU are the one who should EXIT the room, and not them, after all they have more of a reason to stay than you.

-Daniel J.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zalcs wrote: »

So basically, what you want is 6 to 8 months of complete zero development and bug fixes. While an entire new team is transitioned, trained, and made familiar with Cryptics proprietary engine and design.

Yea, I can see people being ok with that. :rolleyes:
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    boring I find it boring same kind of quests in different places it's still quite tiring to do the same kind of quests it's simply boring getting bored

It's not an open world. Dungeons? You run one corridor from entrance to final boss. Period. There is no alternative way to get there. No South way and North way with different types of mobs. There will not be ambushes by other teams bc it's instanced. There will not be wandering bosses that could or could not be there. Outdoors? You're usually running between two chains of mountains. To go from point A to point B there is one and only one way. Except to some extent in GG.
    English is not my first language.
  • sampalokjack#7229 sampalokjack Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its like that before the update :P they had a refining limit since the Beta
  • princexaraiprincexarai Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I find pwi boring for a few reasons
    pros - pretty graphics
    great pvp concepts
    races are great
    skill system is great

cons - classes are race only (seriously wtf this is just stupid)
    combat system is so slow and boring it's skill spamming galore and most of its waiting for skills even auto attack is slow as balls)
    quest system - ok this is possibly the worst thing pwi has, mobs are spread out over miles, the quests are plain boring and the storyline if it exists is lacking
    pvp - well because the combat system is more boring than the original nes rpg games it harms pvp by a lot
    maps are unhelpful no quests marked or anything it's not user friendly at all
    i played this again after years and it just got even more boring i couldnt even level a new character past 5
    i don't see pwi doing any better in the competitive market with its lack luster way of continuing the same old boring stuff
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Um princexarai, you are on the Neverwinter website; not the Perfect World International website.

You are clearly talking about a different game. You might want to give Neverwinter a try though. ;)

In any case this thread is closed for necromancy. *sprays an air freshener*
This discussion has been closed.