test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How about another Tymoras gift box?

nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I read where a lot of people are upset with the company about deciding to do nothing about all the nightmares given this morning,how about another Tymora's gift box drop or something like that to make up for it,a celebration for the Feywild release after the bad start.Kind of a oops,sorry.
Post edited by nightspiritg on

Comments

• sigregsigreg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited August 2013
    Well, as player i just love Tymora gift style events, at last one my chars got quite rich (as for my mid-level feeling). Problem is that not only me, but many other players had huge income of AD, and all this event had not so good influence at game economy. Unique resources and items became not so unique anymore, their value as direct price in AH dropped in some cases more than 50%. Real value of such stuff dropped even more, as in "Neverwinter market" we had much more AD than before so vale of AD itself was lowered, in result "high" prices before was seen as not so high during and short after Tymora event. Side effect of this AD flood was visible in AH pretty fast - prices of regular/rare stuff went up, if something is worth lets say a value of theoretic 1 Credit, but 1 Credit =/= 1 AD anymore because flod of AD, so i need to ask for more AD when im selling this thing to get this 1 Credit. In real life its called "Inflation" and generally is bad thing.

TL;DR:
    Tymora Gift event can be compared to printing "empty money" in real life economy. Some countries - even those big ones do that, but thats really dangerous practice what in long term lead to national economy deregulation, destabilisation, and in worst case collapse as currency can change into worthless piece of paper.
  • xaituxaitu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll admit, I loved the Tymora event, it was like gamers xmas, hehehe.