test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stalwart Bulwark nerf is a huge problem

2»

Comments

• anynameavailwtfanynameavailwtf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ITS ALL OVER for stalwart users.... END OF THE STORY.... I don't think cryptic/PWE gives a D A M N about what people has to say, feel or how much time, effort and/or money they spent on an in-game item. They never would have pushed through with the whole rework if they did care....
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Addapt to the changes or perish .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Addapt to the changes or perish .
    I didn't use the Stal set(mine 4/4 was pretty much broken from before I hit 60 to now so it languished in my bank) but the total rework of the stal 4/4 bonus does seem overly steep with timeless being a crit based set and thus much less useful to a GF with no natural crit bonuses the stal 4/4 was the only set bonus that played to the strengths of the GF class.
    It seems like a very badly thought out change, especially with the rest of the GF sets being pretty much garbage for augmenting damage and not exactly all that great for survivability either(if on conq spec).

(I use a 2/2 High Gen and Knight Cap)
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    bkloes wrote: »
    Something that has been in open game for 2 months (how ever long its been)....should have been tested and accepted by now. I also don't understand why people say, "duh...it was gonna get changed!!" I played Perfect World for years and they added new, better stuff...but never went back and changed things already established.....I am not as effected as some but I don't think its fair to say "I should have known." Regardless of its Op'ness it an accepted mechanic of the game for months....too long to go back and say..."Oh, sorry our bad:)"

Are you kidding? Accepted mechanic? I felt stupid to get the whole timeless set (T2) where stalwart set(T1 - with stack of 8k power and defensive attr) kick my @s s so hard that I wonder why... T2 gear for GF is a complete s|-||T vs T1!!... I just felt that they should have make the change early.

Go back to perfect world...
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This nerf is nuclear. They didn't nerf this set ... they rendered it utterly useless. I am completely gutted. Trickster Rogues had a hard nerf to their single power changed back to a similar mechanic with a reasonable value. We Guardian Fighters who invested everything into the Stalwart set were simply hung out to dry. :(

What should have happened is the number of stacks should have been capped at 2 or 3 instead of 5; or maybe just a flat 10% power boost; or something else that kept the set useful.

If the feeling was that the set was too strong, it should have been shifted to a tier 2 set instead of simply destroying everything those players had built on their characters. Honestly, the time for that kind of nuclear nerf was in Beta. This far after release, it is almost unsurmountable for those of us who were casual players.

Sure, the hard core kid can do 2 or 3 Dungeon Delves a day, have access to top geared players at all times, and farm another set in a week and get the enchants in 2 weeks. But for those of us who don't have that kind of time and took multiple months to earn/save enough AD to purchase the Stalwart parts ... it will be 4 months to get back to competitive ... and with the time commitments of the Feywild Campaign stuff ... even longer.

This change makes me rethink investing money and time into this game. Star Trek Online never did anything like this. Everquest 2 never did anything like this. This was a poorly thought out change that marginalizes casual players.
  • chipsterchipster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    vexus99 wrote: »
    This nerf is nuclear. They didn't nerf this set ... they rendered it utterly useless. I am completely gutted. Trickster Rogues had a hard nerf to their single power changed back to a similar mechanic with a reasonable value. We Guardian Fighters who invested everything into the Stalwart set were simply hung out to dry. :(

What should have happened is the number of stacks should have been capped at 2 or 3 instead of 5; or maybe just a flat 10% power boost; or something else that kept the set useful.

If the feeling was that the set was too strong, it should have been shifted to a tier 2 set instead of simply destroying everything those players had built on their characters. Honestly, the time for that kind of nuclear nerf was in Beta. This far after release, it is almost unsurmountable for those of us who were casual players.

Sure, the hard core kid can do 2 or 3 Dungeon Delves a day, have access to top geared players at all times, and farm another set in a week and get the enchants in 2 weeks. But for those of us who don't have that kind of time and took multiple months to earn/save enough AD to purchase the Stalwart parts ... it will be 4 months to get back to competitive ... and with the time commitments of the Feywild Campaign stuff ... even longer.

This change makes me rethink investing money and time into this game. Star Trek Online never did anything like this. Everquest 2 never did anything like this. This was a poorly thought out change that marginalizes casual players.

Wow this is even ridiculous suggestion.. moving T1 to T2 gear???? why don't you ask them to move timeless set and other from T2 to T1?
  • arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Because a Stalwart Set with Ac 13 (not 14) with an appropriate nerf would have been at the same level as a T2 Timeless, and would have left a lot of GFs who had invested time and energy in getting Stalwarts with a viable set. As it is now, they completely changed the mechanic, making it useless for conqueror builds.

So making it a T2 set with an appropriate nerf would have been a reasonable compromise.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the folks in here in regards to getting completely bent over. They could have capped it at 5% bonus if they wanted. Instead they completely redesigned the set which screwed a lot of folks that invested in enchants.

Different mechanics means a complete redesign in enchant layout for the end user. Extremely unacceptable.

I am a GWF. Be happy they only screwed you on the T1 armor set and not the entire class.
  • womendriverslolwomendriverslol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chipster wrote: »
    Wow this is even ridiculous suggestion.. moving T1 to T2 gear???? why don't you ask them to move timeless set and other from T2 to T1?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, or you're just dumb.
  • aldobrandoaldobrando Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sfxer001 wrote: »
    No. What you just described would be truly changing the mechanic of a set from offensive crit stats to defensive guard meter.

The new stalwart bonus is still an offensive gain of damage (read: power), but less than the original offensive damage gain. Stalwart GF's are still gaining offensive damage for being hit; it's still the same mechanic. You just aren't getting as much.

Also, building your build around singular, overpowered set bonus that provides 7k power, that you agree in the post above was obviously going to be nerfed... you get no sympathy from me. You just stated it was obvious to yourself. "Of course it was going to be nerfed" If you build your character around an overpowered set bonus in order to be overpowered, don't come crying on the forums when your build is broken when they balance the set out. It was evidently already obvious to you that this was going to happen.
    you a idiot? 7000 power damage bonus of set give me 200 damge every hit,you think that do difference in pvp? if me play pvp me come to firs 2 again whitout that bonus,you can continue cry for ever. me and other GF want only back money invested in enchanted
    edited August 2013
    aldobrando wrote: »
    you a idiot? 7000 power damage bonus of set give me 200 damge every hit,you think that do difference in pvp? if me play pvp me come to firs 2 again whitout that bonus,you can continue cry for ever. me and other GF want only back money invested in enchanted

May be, in your dream, the dev could heard that..
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sad :( ....
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Respec'd to Tactician finally :D a change I've been wanting to make for a few weeks now. The final feat in the tree is called Martial Mastery, it gives me a substantial Action Point gain for not blocking. So, after this Stalwart Bulwark set change, Mastered paragon feat has been completely negated. I avoid blocking at all costs- Freakin' bummed out. The saddest part is indeed the items I have socketed. My char is buried in debt right now.

33ma6o0.jpg
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • fleberedflebered Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This doesn't bode well for my confidence in this game. This wasn't some beta game this was a finished product i haven't ever seen this kind of thing in a game where they change something completely am not sure if the $100 dollars i spent building this set has been totally pissed away or if they will some how try to correct this but until i then i am just gona do my daily's and hope????? I am so regreting spending my money on this game. call this a lesson learned ill stick to spending my money on something that is not going to let me down EG: {crack & hookers }
  • aldobrandoaldobrando Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    agree whit flebered. programmers are bunch of idiot that listen what say other frustated player that think we strong why using stalwart.whitout it me finish pvp in first 3 place all time already.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The set was so strong because it tied in perfectly with the Conqueror path: not blocking means more damage. A nerf would be to cut back on the power, but instead they made it that: blocking means more damage.

They completely reversed it.

What worries me is that when decide they don't like your gear, they'll change it. Forget your enchantments, forget your transmutations, it's gone. No compensation, no alternatives, they took it, it's gone.

So the big question is: what set is next?

Knights Captain gives 60% power increase to party-members. Is this 'obviously' too OP, and when I end up having slotted it will the devs decide they don't like it and ruin it too?

It's become a free for all with this. Exploiters are basically condoned and even rewarded (oh, how 'lucky' they were), professional assets that people paid real money for just disappear and the devs don't seem to think that's a big deal. Module one introduced a ton of new bugs and the sentiment that changing descriptions fixes bugs. (Pets were supposed to be unbindable, for example). And no hotfixing after it was appearant the game was crashing, exploitable and just fubarred.

These are really big mistakes for a company that wants to be in business long term..... so I'm afraid to conclude the Cryptic is proving to be only in this for a quick money grab.
  • lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    flebered wrote: »
    This doesn't bode well for my confidence in this game. This wasn't some beta game this was a finished product i haven't ever seen this kind of thing in a game where they change something completely am not sure if the $100 dollars i spent building this set has been totally pissed away or if they will some how try to correct this but until i then i am just gona do my daily's and hope????? I am so regreting spending my money on this game. call this a lesson learned ill stick to spending my money on something that is not going to let me down EG: {crack & hookers }
    aldobrando wrote: »
    agree whit flebered. programmers are bunch of idiot that listen what say other frustated player that think we strong why using stalwart.whitout it me finish pvp in first 3 place all time already.

The 800-lb gorilla of MMOs on the block (well, maybe more like 600 lbs now) routinely changes trinkets and item set bonuses that are "too good," typically to funnel players into "upgrades" that would otherwise be inferior. While the Cryptic developers' lack of communication on the matter is frustrating, it's hardly unprecedented.

I did not finish collecting my Stalwart set before Fury hit, but I sympathize with those who were using it, primarily due to the staggering costs of removing enchants and transmogging gear. IMHO these costs are still too high across the board, and this is the real root of the problem. If these prices were more reasonable, I'd have less sympathy for all the people who apparently CHOSE to spend large amounts of real-world currency to leverage an in-game imbalance.
  • arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Alas, I think I'm finally going to turn my Stalwarts in for salvage. I was hoping the developers would listen to all the GFs who were protesting and nerf the set instead of completely changing the dynamic.

I've got my new mix and match set now and trying to tweak it. Still gonna play... but it looks like I won't be spending any more real world currency now.