test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dark enchantment and movement speed advantage

alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This enchantment is practically obligatory in PvP and very useful in PVE (for those who doubt just look enchantment which is the most expensive on the AH). Simply not logical that all other enchantments provide bonus percentage in secondary things and Dark is the only one that provides a bonus really good at fighting. Best would be to put in boots as larger movement bonus or enchantment for the specific item. Movement speed could be changed to a bonus of 5% of XP in the profession or something.
Post edited by alderonthedraco on

Comments

• bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Armor pen, movement, lifesteal are all nice ... It's the best one and everyone loves them.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wrong, dark enchanments cost more than others because every toon needs them. Not every toon needs radiants or azures for example. This is called supply and demand.
    I'd say it's more because there isn't any other option for the utility slot. I just leave mine empty cos I'm too tight :)

edit: oh yeah, I always forget that others may want them for offense or defense slot, which adds to the demand.
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    I wish this game that more options regarding enchantments really viable ... Players could move the same way without necessarily pick only the Dark enchantment. The life steal and armor penetration will remain equal.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    utility slot options are movement or gains to xp (worthless), gold gain (debateable) or glory (pvp only)

Kind of obvious why people would opt for dark over the other choices even before you take it's other slot choices into account.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I heard that movement was unnoticeable. It's a shame they don't seem to have that good options anymore. On my first character the GWF I used to have more glory gain since if I wanted, I could sell those items for gold or AD, but with the changes I've moved to gold gain because why not.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    frishter wrote: »
    I heard that movement was unnoticeable.

Pretty much.

The difference between 3% movement speed and 13% movement speed traveling like 1 second faster.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There's a new utility enchant in the new Shanadar campaign. It gives you a very low chance of finding a gem stone after every kill. I've been trying it out on Preview and it's procced a grand total of zero times so far.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    shunterino wrote: »
    There's a new utility enchant in the new Shanadar campaign. It gives you a very low chance of finding a gem stone after every kill. I've been trying it out on Preview and it's procced a grand total of zero times so far.

Yea but when you slot nothing but rank 10s / perfects den yoosa beesa da bestest gem finda eva!!!!
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • alderonthedracoalderonthedraco Member Posts: 82
    edited August 2013
    Yea but when you slot nothing but rank 10s / perfects den yoosa beesa da bestest gem finda eva!!!!
    This is the problem of dark enchantment. It is not situational and not depend on luck.