test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companionception :)

alextheclericalexthecleric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello

Im curious how this works

I have a Cleric with high wisdom because I loved the concept of boosting my companions with stats.
then I found out that there are runestones that you put on your companion and share a portion of its stats.

now the chaos...

Base example: 1x eldrich runestone 10% on a defence slot of your companion

Do you logically get the better stats returned to you when you initially have more wisdom?

(excuse my english,thx in advance)
Post edited by alexthecleric on

Comments

• seisem2seisem2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My advice is to not use those runes that give back a certain %. If you want augmented stats then buy the Ioun Stone.
    Seisem - DC 13K GS
    Catalina Erantzo - GWF 13.9K GS

<Future> Guild on Dragon - Legit Non Exploit Guild (We are always recruiting great players)

Future Guild Recruitment Thread: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?475381-lt-Future-gt-Legit-Non-Exploit-Guild-Recruiting
  • alextheclericalexthecleric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont use them I just want to understand if this mechanic works
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I was going to say that giving wisdom to a cleric wouldn't help as it's heal is a flat % but then I thought to myself that wisdom, strength, etc. isn't something which can be augmented with items anyway. Can you explain what you mean?
  • alextheclericalexthecleric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Example : My CHA gives bonus 14% to companion stats (as the tooltip say). Let's grab the "power" stat of a companion :

My question to the dev's is this : Original "Power" stat of the companion + 14% Boost (from my char's Wisdom) + Whatever item that boosts "power" (neck,waist,etcetcetc) offers a bigger share through an eldrich rune that would return the portion of "power" stat back to me?
    Does my wisdom bonus I offer to pet come back to me through that little 10% somehow?