test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC - Patch Nerf - $$ Paying Customer $$ - CYA

spextirspextir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Temple
It seems that the only way to get PW/Cryptic to respond is when you threaten with your wallet. I've seen scores of TR threads threatening to close out their accounts if the "Stealth Nerf" went in with the next patch and PW\Cryptic retracted.

My problem as a DC is that there are so few of us playing this "Support" class that we do not have the strength in our voice and wallets to make a difference. I play the only DC in a group of very close friends who have been actively playing this game for months now. Most of us are 40 years old and over, with Real Life Jobs, RL Worries, and have more money then time... We are paying customers and have really enjoyed the game..until this patch goes live.

I really do not think that PW/Cryptic understands how the impending nerf to Action Point gain (DC & CW) is going to effect the PvE community. I logged into the test server and my AP gain was just atrocious. DC's count on the ability to fire off HG / DA on demand in order to keep a team alive. We also count on the ability to fire off Flame Strike to help with our PvE grinding.

Let me just add, that when I go ... so do the rest of my guild. Not one of them has any interest in playing this mind numbing, boring support class.

Its to bad I paid for the Feywild before they snuck in these $#@%ing nerfs. I would never have paid for it! Simple statement to PW/Cryptic - Stop nerfing classes in a PvE game to support the minority cry babies who play PvP.

I am also as puzzled as everyone else in this game to why DC's HoF was nerfed. Was it that DC's were starting to top the charts in 5 man PvP or 20 Man GG runs? Pfft, pathetic...uncalled for and unneeded nerf.
Post edited by spextir on

Comments

• Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you rely on divine armor to keep people alive, i suggest you switch to foresight + benefit of foresight. Problem solved (unless your friends enjoy standing in red AoEs of course). If you want more dps for solo content, daunting light is far superior to flame strike. I understand you don't enjoy the balance pass but it's not as terrible as you think, the game is still very playable and easy.
  • Options
    cohenbearcohenbear Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well obviously the devs don't listen to us, might as well take your money somewhere else..
  • Options
    fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    My guild is teeming with Clerics. I want to say we have at least 15 lvl 60 10k plus clerics lol. I dont think they are quitting in droves or anything.

Things change all the time especially in online video games. Part of being a human is being adaptable to change. If we were animals that couldnt deal with change we would just go extinct.

I am not worried at all about any changes they might make to my class. Nerf/buff it dont matter ill still be there, still be healing.

If having to press a different button in a different order is something so drastic that you are unable to receive enjoyment from the button pressing anymore, well that sucks and i hope something changes for you.

If you quit, well then good luck in your future endeavors and feel free to send me all your stuff before you go!

No matter what the devs listen, just because they are not saying they are listening or doing what you say you want doesnt mean much though. At the end of the day not too many people here design video games for a living. They can offer up advice as a customer, but that by no means dictates they should do it.

The devs are privvy to a specific plan on where the game needs to go, what it needs to look like when it gets there and where they want the power level to peoples progression. We do not have that information any opinions we share may be educated but they are certainly uninformed.

If you lose your enjoyment well that sucks, if not well then stick around see where it goes before getting so upset about change.
  • Options
    spextirspextir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looks like fanboys disagreeing with me. Oh well...guess I now know another reason why DCs get nerfed without any voice...

diogene0 - Sorry to say but this class has little more than a few buttons that all players press...when you start nerfing those...well GL.
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    If you rely on divine armor to keep people alive, i suggest you switch to foresight + benefit of foresight. Problem solved (unless your friends enjoy standing in red AoEs of course). If you want more dps for solo content, daunting light is far superior to flame strike. I understand you don't enjoy the balance pass but it's not as terrible as you think, the game is still very playable and easy.

Aa a very pro DC with good equip currently you can even heal a gimped group with average player and low GS (below 10K) through the easy T2 dungeons. After patch without layering AS + HG and subburst nerf it will be next to impossible.

But my hope is, that it will become very easy for a DC to find a group... :-) After patch, less DC player means less competition for remaining DCs . So, the remaining DCs can be as arrogant and picky as they want ... Oh, any partymember below 11K GS? Goodbye group ... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    spextir wrote: »
    I am also as puzzled as everyone else in this game to why DC's HoF was nerfed. Was it that DC's were starting to top the charts in 5 man PvP or 20 Man GG runs? Pfft, pathetic...uncalled for and unneeded nerf.

In 5 man I learned that if I do absolutely nothing at all to help the team I am on, I mean if I cast absolutely nothing the entire match and all I do is run from point to point trying to cap it and get in on all the work of the rest of my team that I can get top score. Since TR's and CW's play off point most the time and just go around killing stuff while everyone else gets ganged they don't get as much capping points, and clerics run to those caps. GW's tend to go to a single point and try to hold it, as such they don't score as much off of just one. GWF's try to chase down the TR's and CW's and as such they don't cap as much. This means that the cleric who can't do much else just goes from cap point to cap point taking all the cap points. Their being able to kill or do anything at all in PvP makes little matter to being able to top such lists as has already been proven by those clerics who can't do a thing in PvP except run.
  • Options
    deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ah, another "I quit" thread!

InBeforeTheLock.gif
    10PM CST

• Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Plus the main issue with the "balancing" (for me at least) is that it's generally nonsensical. Things that don't work remain broken, things that do work GET broken. Things that give us a sliver of hope that "hey, it might not be too bad, we can still do X" get taken away sooner than someone can make a forum post about them.

Hell, I'm half hoping someone will post a build exclusively built around epic levels of lifesteal so that they'll decide "OMG LIFESTEAL 4 CLERICS AM OP" and give us armour that's useful. But probably I'm hoping in vain.

Basically I don't really trust things to get better, so why bother?

EDIT: oh, THIS guy again. Troll elsewhere, gifman.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    But my hope is, that it will become very easy for a DC to find a group... :-) After patch, less DC player means less competition for remaining DCs . So, the remaining DCs can be as arrogant and picky as they want ... Oh, any partymember below 11K GS? Goodbye group ... :P

Oh, they'll "fix" this, that's for sure. Theoretical patch notes:
    DCs are now disallowed to leave group in the dungeon by adding new class feature called "Faithfulness". Same feature removes "need" option from loot roll menu and cuts dropped loot or loot in the DD chest by 40% for all DC players, so they will be forced to play with as many groups as possible.
  • Options
    pstyle151pstyle151 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are you on Mindflayer? Could I have your stuff please? :)
  • Options
    braanubraanu Member Posts: 59
    edited August 2013
    Oh, they'll "fix" this, that's for sure. Theoretical patch notes:
    DCs are now disallowed to leave group in the dungeon by adding new class feature called "Faithfulness". Same feature removes "need" option from loot roll menu and cuts dropped loot or loot in the DD chest by 40% for all DC players, so they will be forced to play with as many groups as possible.

I laughed so hard...