test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unstoppable is mega nerfed

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
go and try play GWF on test server u will see duration of Unstoppable is reduced by almost half
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    And your damage resistance while it is up is reduced by 10%, and the Temp hitpoints no longer last after the duration of unstoppable was ended.

GWF are going back to being squishy again, back before unstoppable even gave temp hitpoints. GWF have lost alot of damage resistance and deflection. Remember what GWF where like back when we where squishy. You could not even get a T2 party to save your life. GWF can now either do damage and die alot or not do any damage and die about the same as other classes.

GWF and GF got the biggest nerfs in this patch and theses are the two classes that struggle the most in game. Unless the content for the new expansion needs GF and GWF in the new dungeons as much has CWS are needed in everyone other dungeon right now. The classes are dead. And killing these classes will kill the entire game.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited August 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    go and try play GWF on test server u will see duration of Unstoppable is reduced by almost half

Good. Unstoppable was completely broken, much better than a GFs block for survivabilty. I agree that GWFs are in desperate need of something, but Unstoppable in its present live state is ridiculous.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Good. Unstoppable was completely broken, much better than a GFs block for survivabilty. I agree that GWFs are in desperate need of something, but Unstoppable in its present live state is ridiculous.

I just hope you aren't expecting to get that something before this patch hits. If you ever get it at all.
  • dragoncrest0dragoncrest0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That his horrible. Current state Unstoppable is the best thing to happen to the GWF. Its what made them even playable.
    So now in addition to that, thier deflection is cut down, thier slam is cut down (both in utility and in damage ).

The hell are they doing? They are nerfing everything. Rogues, GWF, DC.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2013

lol not even close shield gives damage 100% resist and u can have it up all time while unstoppable did give damage reduction by 50% and u need to lose 2/3 hp to use it and unstoppable nerf is a lot higher dps nerf of gwf then is survivabilty since it boost dps a lot
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    warpet wrote: »

Not only that, but it's bugged too. Unstoppable runs out before Determination is gone, it can happen anytime when Determination goes down that halfway point.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    I love my gwf, i love how it looks, i think i will just play the game content and disable any Zen content of this game, i have visited all Normal Dungeons and PVE map recently at live shard to see how i perform before and after the patch and it it sucks big time, thats it for me.
  • arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well that's the whole thing they got a lot of *****ing because of sent build and armor setups combined w/ enchantment's. Thing is instead of nerfing the build line or readjusting how it works they reduced base skill on the class. So now the bigger picture is the rest of the builds became even worse. Now you will basically have a sword wielding rogue except one problem. They reduced defense and no increase to offense.

So now you have a class that struggles to get groups and had no defined or real need for dungeon's to yeah not even a good filler they can't tank or dps or stay up long enough to act as a speed bump. Very bad for the class I allready play my TR for PvE because I cant get a group most times now gwf will just what run around collecting nodes for cash I mean come on.
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It is a good way we are heading, as GWF i agree Unstoppable offered too much surviability.
    However, when we are squishy, give us some damage!
  • irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    GWF and GF got the biggest nerfs in this patch and theses are the two classes that struggle the most in game.

There are no nerfs to the GF only biffs but thank you for lieing to everyone shows what type of person you really are in real life.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    wondras wrote: »
    It is a good way we are heading, as GWF i agree Unstoppable offered too much surviability.

and why again should the front line aoe class whose only survivability is based on deflection and unstoppable have deflection and unstoppable nerfed so dramatically? How can a DPS that can put out the most aoe damage, and in turn the most aoe threat, not be allowed to have any survivability?

I went a sent spec at first for PvE. I could live for quite a while and tank pretty well, but I just didn't do enough damage to hold consistent threat. I respecced destroyer for PvE. Even with unstoppable in current state I died like 3+ times more than the next highest deaths in my groups. Couldn't stand it, I would die on regular trash pulls b/c all I have is damage. So now you are going to nerf all of our survivability so that without 13k GS and the best enchants we simply can't compete?

I am currently specced Sent PvP b/c that is the only viable build right now!! As DPS in pvp we can be killed before unstoppable with a single prone, and as a hybrid you just don't get enough damage or tankiness. So I do negligible damage but I can take a lot of hits, I don't see why that's so overpowered in some people's minds, That is the only viable build for us right now.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Go away you useless PVP leech.
    edited August 2013

So which drugs are you on? With out unstoppable then 2 of the 3 roles turns to tissue paper.

Thanks sentinel spec...your OP antics in PVP have successfully smashed the pve into a steaming pile.
  • sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If you are convinced that Sentinel survivability is the issue that holds GWF's back from PVE groups, you are a lost cause.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013

LOL, so that everytime you rush a group of mobs, you will be the first one dead.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
    edited August 2013
    I am always last man standing even without defensive set.
    I just dont know what the hell you do you die.
    (which is partially because threat generation is low)
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am always last man standing even without defensive set.
    I just dont know what the hell you do you die.
    (which is partially because threat generation is low)

Who is talking about defensive set or defensive stats? Your comment was about you being OK with a nerf to Unstoppable. I run with all offensive stats, Destroyer Spec, and I tank. So I am always the first one in. I grab plenty of aggro and since the first few seconds are always the toughest, when you have 5-10 mobs all targeting you, having Unstoppable giving you less mitigation and/or expiring much faster is a game changer, at least to the way I play my GWF. Giving me extra DPS, wont help the situation at all.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I hope its not horrible. :( I solo only on my GWF. PvP always ruins PvE games.. Lots of $$ spenders in PvP I guess..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Who is talking about defensive set or defensive stats? Your comment was about you being OK with a nerf to Unstoppable. I run with all offensive stats, Destroyer Spec, and I tank. So I am always the first one in. I grab plenty of aggro and since the first few seconds are always the toughest, when you have 5-10 mobs all targeting you, having Unstoppable giving you less mitigation and/or expiring much faster is a game changer, at least to the way I play my GWF. Giving me extra DPS, wont help the situation at all.

I play the same way except I use instigator. Although I now run in and aggro then go immune and save the Unstoppable for the landing :D
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »

See? "with all offensive stats, Destroyer Spec" you can still tank, and thats in my opinion wrong. You should be doing comparable damage as TR do if damage-oriented and outlive everything when tank oriented. DPS builds offer too much surviability and not enought damage. I want to have an option to do damage as dps/tank class, not only tank regardless gear.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    See? "with all offensive stats, Destroyer Spec" you can still tank, and thats in my opinion wrong. You should be doing comparable damage as TR do if damage-oriented and outlive everything when tank oriented. DPS builds offer too much surviability and not enought damage. I want to have an option to do damage as dps/tank class, not only tank regardless gear.

Notice he said for the first few seconds? Just like TR has complete invulnerability for 4-5 seconds with ItC from stealth not just some damage reduction...
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    There is no comparison between TR & GWF.

GWF does not have a dodge ability and only sprint which does not give you immunity frames like dodge. This is why TR's are able to easily solo bosses because of the many immunity frames they have available.

GWF only have a class passive that gives them immunity for a few seconds when a daily is used.

Just watch NW official streams and you'll see just how bad they are at the game and how little they actually understand the game mechanic's. You designed the game and should know how to play and represent your classes better!
    edited August 2013
    Way to show bias...GWF goes in and starts dpsing but survives.. you yell NERF!!!
    TR goes in and starts dpsing...use invulnerable skill...it's cool.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A gwf has to chose between dps and tanking. What a shame! They should get both, better than tanks and rogues. And better heals than clerics. And more stuns than CWs... Oh wait it's already the case.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    A gwf has to chose between dps and tanking. What a shame! They should get both, better than tanks and rogues. And better heals than clerics. And more stuns than CWs... Oh wait it's already the case.

no GWF has all this... I get why your over stating the facts, but your summing up ALL the GWF builds and assuming they are one build..

I agree with the OP here (being a broken PVP Sent GWF myself) The REASON they are changing this IS because the pvp whiners and because the Sent PVP spec...

What they DONT realize is now they have pigeon-holed MORE gwfs into sent spec because its the ONLY way to even survive anymore...

GWFs have no "blink/dodge" mechanic which makes them immune to taking damage or stuns. TRs can cloak and use ITC and can have a TON of immune time to damage..
    CWs can push everything away/cc/blink3x to get away.

GWFs just have sprint which IS cool, but it doesnt offer ANY defensive qualities NOR do their ultra short range encounters (that also have long animations so they are EASY to avoid)

The ONLY tool they gave us to survive is to eat damage in the face (but only for short periods of time)

They really went the wrong way with this, instead of nerfing it ALL they needed to do was re-tune what builds determination in the first place.

THE ISSUE:
    Sent GWFs are too strong in PVP. Why? Because they can TAKE so much damage, then kick unstoppable and take even more.
    BUT non-Sent GWFs are geared more towards DEALING damage so they CANT take as much meaning that determination is built at a BIGGER loss of their life... aka... its the ONLY way they survive at ALL.

THE SOLUTION:

LESSEN the determination gained from TAKING damage, and grant MORE determination gained from GIVING damage.

This NERFS Sent GWFs in PVP and BUFFS non-sent GWFs evening the playing field more...

This will make non-sent GWFs a little tankier and Sent GWFs less tanky... Which will even out all the complaints and the builds a little...

The other thing they need to consider is retooling the stats on some of the gear so damage focused gear also has more of the tanky stats and the tanky gear either causes more agro as set bonuses OR grants a little less tank stats but more dps stats.

This fixes the PVP issue as well as the PVE issue....
  • xunxanxunxan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Way to show bias...GWF goes in and starts dpsing but survives.. you yell NERF!!!
    TR goes in and starts dpsing...use invulnerable skill...it's cool.
    It's the same with TAB ability.
    TR(oll)s say GWF has 'too much up time' on it's TAB ability and needs nerfed; while at the same time say infinite up time on TR(oll) TAB ability is working as intended and just fine.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    xunxan wrote: »
    It's the same with TAB ability.
    TR(oll)s say GWF has 'too much up time' on it's TAB ability and needs nerfed; while at the same time say infinite up time on TR(oll) TAB ability is working as intended and just fine.

Agreed. The so called "Nerfed" Perma-Stealth did nothing to stop perma-stealth just nerfed the classes damage. Even with GF's they nerfed Knights Valor massively and no one has really said anything about this due to the massive rework on STAL. Funny thing is GF's damage is greater on other builds that have between 8-10k power. I just don't understand the reason for the nerf to the GWF as Unstoppable is easy to counter in PvP and not OP in PvE.

If Cryptic continues to listen to inexperienced players they will continue to apply changes that don't actually fix the problems and drive customers away.
  • lordgallenlordgallen Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 91
    edited August 2013
    Should note that the damage resistance being lowered is actually a tooltip display error, and will be fixed.
    They still currently resist between 25-50% incoming damage while Unstoppable.

Edit: Should also mention that the duration did not change. Just that temp health is now actually tied to Unstoppable duration.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    lordgallen wrote: »
    Should note that the damage resistance being lowered is actually a tooltip display error, and will be fixed.
    They still currently resist between 25-50% incoming damage while Unstoppable.

Edit: Should also mention that the duration did not change. Just that temp health is now actually tied to Unstoppable duration.

Im sorry but that is irrelevant.. However your mechanics design and work the duration of unstoppable is still around 40% less.. Whether it is tied to another mechanic or not doesn't matter.. It's application is now at a point of it not being very useful at all...

And I wonder so you devs actually log in and try these mechanics before you implement them? Cause with these changes the GWF went from the worst pvp class by a fair bit to being completely ok another level in terms of how bad their mechanics are!
  • slayorianslayorian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Im sorry but that is irrelevant.. However your mechanics design and work the duration of unstoppable is still around 40% less.. Whether it is tied to another mechanic or not doesn't matter.. It's application is now at a point of it not being very useful at all...

And I wonder so you devs actually log in and try these mechanics before you implement them? Cause with these changes the GWF went from the worst pvp class by a fair bit to being completely ok another level in terms of how bad their mechanics are!

If you're seeing less duration, perhaps it's a bug that should be reported.