test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queues time

t0skeyt0skey Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it me or this game feels like waiting for hours in queues one can never be certain it will happen.
On top of that right now i had 4 groups in a roll with 3 or 4 people in them
NOT EVEN FULL GROUPS.
Post edited by t0skey on

Comments

• t0skeyt0skey Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    am i the only one having this problem ? maybe we need to let devs know we need faster queues SO WE CAN PLAY?
    or there are not enough players?
    if that is the case.. then we have a major problem
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Use the zone chat to find games, much quicker. I haven't queued for a dungeon in months.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Well it would depend on what content you are trying to queue for. Some of the lower level content could take a long time to queue for because there are far fewer players with lower level characters than higher level characters.

Furthermore it is dependent on your class. Guardian Fighters and Devoted Clerics can very often get instant queues because they are much rarer than Trickster Rogues, Control Wizards or Great Weapon Fighters. Each group needs at least one Guardian Fighter and Devoted Cleric so the queue can take a while for other classes since you are basically in a line until groups are formed with those classes.

The final issue is that many players do not feel dungeon delves are worth doing outside Dungeon Delve hour. This has been a major source of malcontent and the changes which are going into effect August 22 should improve the situation IMO.
    edited August 2013
    they are empty man... the zones are empty..
    edited August 2013
    I am doing the DUNGEON QUEUES during DUNGEON DELVES. The dungeons require 8.3k and i think are pretty high end.
    so please give me other options as i am doing all you guys say and i should be able to find a group within minutes.
    i cannot find group for hours..
    2nd day in a row.
    if i could just have my money back i will stop looking for Guild too and change the game.
    like really annoying lack of people to play the game with
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the zones are not empty. go to protector's enclave that is where most people that look to get dungeons done
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    I have absolutely no issue queuing during dungeon delves for Epic Dungeons. But again I play a Guardian Fighter and a Devoted Cleric so my experience is a bit subjective.

Alternatively guilds are a great option. As many of the old timers know I am very anti-guild but I finally got tired of the pug scene and joined a guild and have had nothing but good experiences so far. I know it's a horrible answer and nobody should be forced to rely on guilds but it did improve my experience.

Furthermore the zones are not empty. As rhoric said there are plenty of people in PE and a LFG Chat channel will be available for public use August 22. :)
  • kobrakai2kobrakai2 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Another option is adding people to your friends list. When I have a good game I often add people, now when I'm in protectors enclave I get invited to parties all the time.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you queue for some dungeons with a control wizard, a rogue or a great weapon fighter, it's unlikely you get any queue offer. Don't queue for Epic dread vault or spellplague, the queue times are extremely long for dps classes - at least on dragon. Pirate king and frozen heart should likely pop faster, especially FH, because tank players know they are welcome in there.
  • b3rzptb3rzpt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    What about expanding the queue search to all servers from our region?
    From what i've seen we only queue with people from our server and i think that would reduce the queue time.

I was going to create a new thread but there's like 4 of them talking about the queue that i posted in this one, kinda bringing it from the grave tho, sry about that :p
  • drbaalsdrbaals Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Queue times do suck if your not GF or a DC. Plus most people have given up on the queue system they might as well remove it from the game really. Its just poor design of what the dungeons are and what they give you in return of doing them. Most are so boring anyway whats the point of doing them thats why pretty much 70-80 % are just exploit runs.