test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Trading Reviews - The Summoning NW-DGG95NROO

chieorichieori Member Posts: 137 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
Greetings Everyone!

The Summoning is now Daily Eligible!!

:|: U P D A T E :|: Finished the review stage of The Summoning, thanks everyone for helping me debug it and get it ready. I still have a few changes planned, mostly cosmetic. But, at this time, I am no longer trading reviews on this quest. I will finish reviews still listed under pending.

Campaign: Ashmadai Invasion

Part 2
Quest: The Summoning
Short Code: NW-DGG95NROO
Combat: Moderate
Duration: 20-30 Minutes (depending if you do side quests or not)

:|: Quests Reviewed :|:
The Hero Test - NW-DSRSYXEOJ ( [post=5663201]Review![/post] )
Breaking the Chain - NW-DELOGH4IH ( [post=5678811]Review![/post] )
Yeenoghu's Bride - NW-DUMTEJ9KZ ( [post=5679301]Review![/post]
Lord's Bounty - NW-DJJ5YG3H2 ( [post=5694471]Review![/post] )
Hallow's Thicket - NW-DRMS5JEGC ( [post=5700821]Review![/post] )
Danger in the Sky - NW-DJRXY5DRO ( [post=5708051]Review![/post] )
Hive Mind - NW-DN9YKEVUS ( [post=6068521]Review![/post] )
Nature of the Beast - NW-DJLIFAZNG ( [post=6075091]Review![/post] )
The Siege of Ferrous Canyon - NW-DDY7N2CEJ ( [post=6086481]Review![/post] )
Beowolf - NW-DG6ZXEOJT ( [post=6090821]Review![/post] )
Under Siege! - NW-DDT6D6ABS ( [post=6107311]Review![/post] )
The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA ( [post=6109781]Review![/post] )
Joachim the Coward - NW-DKK8NIRO6 ( [post=6120851]Review![/post]

:|: Quests Pending Review :|:
~Completed~

summonpic02.jpg
summonpic03.jpg
Campaign: Ashmadai Incursion
[1] Devils in the Sewer :|: NW-DQ9WRV8HX :|: Daily Eligible :|: Featured
[2] The Summoning :|: NW-DGG95NROO :|: Daily Eligible
[3] Temple of the Winds :| NW-DM5JFJ3UL :|: Daily Eligible

Clan Ravenclaw :|: NW-DU3QXH237 :|: Daily Eligible
Children's Babble :|: NW-DUD5EUH8A :|: Daily Eligible
Solstice Academy :|: NW-DRJG6BIZM :|: Daily Eligible
Post edited by chieori on

Comments

• kimbyrkimbyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I loved this second part of your quest, the fights where very balanced and the areas was well done. I gave you max tip for this one.

I have not much to say, I just loved it. Think you have done a good job with this quest.

Please give my Foundry a review.

My shot code: NW-DSRSYXEOJ
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?443961-The-Hero-Test-(New-daily-quest)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Dark Wizard Campaign
    Search for @kimbyr
  • zerkovaplayerzerkovaplayer Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The chain of battles before the first big pit fiend runs a little long - not challenging, just kinda long. The fight in the portal room holds more interest in spite of similar length, though - the room is dark, you're running around looking for them at the points of the room, it's a more interesting place to be.

Rupert being right there in the boss room is a little jarring - how did he get there again? Hm...

Having a "Heretic" show up in the first wave is a bit odd, too. How is an Ashmedai heretical? And why would a heretical Ashmedai show up working with non-heretical Ashmedai, without really any comment? I'm curious.
    Foundry Quest: Breaking the Chain NW-DELOGH4IH
    (Daily eligible! Could use more reviews. Largely complete.)
  • feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

I found your quest fun, it also felt a little routine. There was some great touches such as the side quest extra-helper and lots of detailing at the beginning.
    The details seemed to thin-out as the quest advanced, whereas you probably want them to grow in scale and awe as you move towards the final battle.

There's certainly nothing wrong with your quest, currently it is just missing that bit of special magic that would move it to be a solid 5* adventure.

Maybe:
    Create some unique devils using the character editor,
    Add in lighting effects to create extra "demonic" ambience,
    Make the final room really special and memorable with more details, FX, sounds etc.

You're almost there :)

I found one typo in the Lore Scroll - slay should be slayed.

Hopefully you can return the favour and play my quest. It takes place in the Abyss, and based on your quest I'm guessing you'll enjoy the setting - Thanks.

422 - Yeenoghu's Bride

NW-DUMTEJ9KZ

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?411131-Proud-to-present-for-reviews-422-Yeenoghu-s-Bride
  • chieorichieori Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Greetings @kimbyr!

Thanks for running my quest. Glad you enjoyed it.

I ran The Hero Test tonight. It was an interesting quest, with an interesting story. Had a good run. So as not to spoil any parts of it for others, I sent a more detailed review by PM.

• lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Here's mine, I have improved it a lot since 2 months ago, enjoy. I'll review yours.

-Lord's bounty
    -The lead
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
    edited August 2013
    Greetings @zerkovaplayer!

Thanks for running my quest and for the comments. I've addressed all the issues you noticed, after looking into them, I made changes, thanks again for the insight ;)

I ran Breaking the Chain tonight. Can't say I've ran a quest where everything was given as an option like that at the beginning, was interesting. I chose the easy/hard option and easy. From there it was pretty straight forward, follow the line, kill a few mobs, done. Seemed kinda short.

The furniture at the enchanted girl was a bit hard to navigate around while fighting the mobs there. Some of the mobs were above the items, some behind, some had to go around, under, over to get to. Some of the furniture moved, some didn't, the ones that did, got in the way.

Never did find anything about the mushrooms, not sure I got all of them, or if I had to, was taking up a lot of space in my bags.

After I completed the quest, it said find a way out, then there were 2 mobs protecting the exit, on easy, these were the toughest fight in the whole run.

edited August 2013
    Greetings @feuygar!

Thanks for running my quest and the review, as well as the suggestions. I have already gone back to the later half of the quest and made a number of additions and changes that should help out ;)

I ran 422 - Yeenoghu's Bride tonight.

Enjoyed the quest, the story was enticing and the combat was mostly smooth. Although, at times the number of encounters seemed a bit thin. All those ships, and they are so big, yet there's only 1 encounter on each. Lot of work and effort on that statue, props for that ;)

Few things I noticed on the run ...

Seeing Commander Trisha cower like that to a couple easy mobs, was a bit sad. From her appearance and position, seems should could easily handle them. Maybe a test to see if I could handle them, but why would she cower from something so easy?

At the beachhead, there's a DM comment on the water and not touching it, yet I had to get in the water, to click on the comment.
    Also, there was a typo ... "childhood warn your" maybe should be "you"?

The chains holding Zarrack were a bit odd to interact with, I had to move around at weird angles to get the interact.

Legendary Captain White Beard, the name is truncated, so you can't see all of it.

In the ravine path, you get to a landslide and have to clear boulders, none of them looked like something I could clear alone, yet they all just vanished with a click. Not sure what here, just seemed odd.

At the top of the steps, just before the top of the pyramid, there were 6-8 summoning circles that popped up, but nothing spawned from any of them?

Ashwin - says he looks sheepish, but he is jumping up and down, pumping his fists, like he is cheering?

• feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks Chieori, you've made some well thought-through points. I'll incorporate your ideas into the quest.

Regards :)
    edited August 2013
    Greetings @lightbringer1102!

I ran PT1 - The Lord's Bounty tonight. Nice simple, short enjoyable quest, needs a bit of polish still, but it is still a good quest. I sent you a PM with a few more specific details ;)

• docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just finished The Summoning. It's a terrific adventure! I left you a review + tip in-game.

The story and flow of the quest were strong, and the combats were both balanced and engaging. I agree that some more unique devils (from the costume editor) might add a bit more variety and interest, though that's admittedly nitpicky. :) And more thematic lighting and such around the final boss would be awesome, though not necessary.

I especially liked the battle around the portal. Nicely done!

I wasn't sure of the purpose of the purple globes I found floating against the walls throughout the quest. Perhaps I missed something.

Oh yeah, one more thing. I wanted to smack Rupert for showing up late to the final fight. :)
    edited August 2013
    Greetings @docsc00ter!

Thanks for running my quest. Glad you liked it, yea still working on the final room a bit, have a few more things in mind for it. I went through and changed the default armor and colors for all the devils, now going to make a few custom devils to add a bit of variety as well.

The orbs are located at Sentry points and like the sword racks are part of the class side quest. If your not a wizard, you would see the alarm globes, but have no interaction with them. Only a wizard gets that side quest and can deal with them. The weapon racks are part of the guardian/gwf side quest, the wounded soldiers are the clerics and there are pressure plates for the rogues. Something different, depending on who you play.

I had a chance to run Danger in the Sky tonight. Some really nice detail in that whole setting, great story and not a ton of combat, except where needed. You have a great imagination. Very nice work, a level of quality for me to aspire to achieve.

Only found 1 issue, and it's minor, once I got on the ship, the couple guards that came up, helped with the first 2-3 mobs and never moved again, didn't follow, wander, talk, anything, just stood there .. seemed kinda odd.

• docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    chieori wrote: »
    ...Only found 1 issue, and it's minor, once I got on the ship, the couple guards that came up, helped with the first 2-3 mobs and never moved again, didn't follow, wander, talk, anything, just stood there .. seemed kinda odd.

Fixed! Thanks! (At least, it should be fixed. If the guards survive that first encounter, they should follow you over to any other encounters you have on the ship. They should also chat a bit more, both in and out of combat. Of course, getting NPCs to follow correctly when they're that far above zero altitude is somewhat sketchy, I've discovered. So here's hoping...)
    edited August 2013
    The Summoning has been U P D A T E D with changes to detail, content and modifications from the recent patches.

Still looking for reviews and runs. I know reviews in game are disabled, but can still run, complete and post a review here.

Still trading reviews with anyone interested.

edited September 2013
    Now that reviews are back on, still looking to trade reviews. Still need a few more to get it finished out and to get it a daily.

Part III: Attack on Vilnesk is well on the way, hopefully should have it open and ready for reviews in another 10-15 days.

• roguish98roguish98 Member Posts: 78
    edited September 2013
    Chieori,

I look forward to playing these soon!
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just ran and reviewed this one. It's a fine crypt exploration quest, with a well-designed final room/fight. I liked the optional side missions that grant NPC helpers. One suggestion would be to add punctuation to the mob attack text messages, so things like "Slay the intruder" come out like "Slay the intruder!"

Please check out "Hive Mind" when you get a chance. Thanks! @Sintered
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
    edited September 2013
    Greetings @sintered! (winterswitch)

Thanks for running my quest, I'll look into the spelling and punctuation. Glad you liked the side quests as well.

I ran Hive Mind tonight. I really liked the idea of combining forgotten realm with alien, never even occurred to me to try something like that. The detailing on the map was well done, the details inside the ship ... wow. Don't think I have that kind of patience lol. Can't say I found any errors or problems, though I did notice a couple things that struck me as odd.

In the first half of the quest, the spaceship was a solid, metallic kinda thing, but after the port, it was transparent. I could see all the stuff inside, didn't seem like it should be that way.

Liked the hidden grate, it said that it slides to one side, but it doesn't actually move or open, yet you can get the bag still. Maybe have it open or move the bag outside the grate after "it slides open"?

While I did like the quest over all, there seemed to be a large amount of, here, do this and no other options to take. You did a good job on explaining what was going on and let's do this, but you had to do those things in many cases.

An example, the guy tells you to put it on the crate down the hill, so you can talk without them hearing. But, why should you trust him at that point? He hasn't done anything to prove his side, he even knocked you out. However, I was not given another option, but to do what he said, to go to his camp and do what he told me. You do give options at many points to choose, this or that. But, there are a few points, where it would seem there should be options, but aren't.

All in all, I really liked the quest. Personal feelings ... with just a tad bit more, it could be even better. Of course, this is just how I looked at it, I could be completely off base. ;)

• ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Play: The whole quest played smooth. No weirdness and I went down once in all the combat.

Story: The story framed the combat well. The decorations were well done, as were the effects.

Tech: Counting the map at the end I had three items I had picked up, and I had to ditch stuff to pick them up because of the heavy combat and all the stuff the encounters dropped. Two traps, a gas and a spike trap, are floating in the sewer hallways. A scroll that was at the end of an objective right after the traps was floating.

Well done!

This is the one I'm concentrating on at the moment if you want a look.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?483361-Beta-testing-BeoWolf-NW-DG6ZXEOJT
  • cadrantaarcadrantaar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Fabulous work!

Biggest plus: Areas detailed and beautiful. Great work on the final area, and all of the fights.

It'd be fine as is, but first a few bugs:
    1. First guard you talk to in the second area is facing the wrong direction.
    2. Both times you have a Ashmadai frozen in the air, they disappear one dialogue option too early, so you can't read the last dialogue text.
    3. The first portal room's portal guard fights are a bit messy, because you're doing them in the middle of the huge swirling mess. Move them a ways and it'll be prettier, cleaner, and less confusing.
    4. The "Open the Northern Door" switches interact text isn't set.

Other than that, I love the use of side quests. Thanks for the opportunity to play it. I reviewed it, 5 stars.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love a review of a quest of my own. It's called The Siege of Ferrous Canyon, NW-DDY7N2CEJ. @Cadrantaar.
    edited September 2013
    Greetings @cadrantaar!

Thanks for running my quest! I'll take a look at the things you pointed out and address any issues, thanks for the feedback ;)

I had a chance to run The Siege of Ferrous Canyon tonight. Detailing of the different areas were well done, lot of work on the town especially. Though it did seem, the 2nd venture into the town, had fewer items and detail, noticed a number of things missing, especially near the front gate. Also, the "**** area" wasn't so much a **** as a lake, but I got the idea. Didn't seem to be very much detail on this map though, other than the preset.

I liked the quest, it had a good flow and a good story line. I guess if anything, I found 2 details somewhat off.

First, while the story was good, there wasn't any options at all. You read or did what each person said, and that was it. You did do a good job of tieing together different people that could be responsible though at the begining and end.

I guess the biggest issue I had, was the guards and the fights. There were literally dozens of guards, but most of them didn't fight, they cowered in fear instead. That really seemed odd to me. This happened several times through out the quest and each time it struck me as not right.
    *** maybe have fewer guards around? make the fights trigger as you get to different areas, so they don't kill each other too soon? just seemed to be a large number of guards, standing around doing nothing and yet the goblins managed to overrun them***

In the mines - save the 3 sets of miners, first 2 groups ran off after I killed the goblins, but the 3rd set, just stood there. Next step asked me to seal the tunnel, shouldn't they have been running already?

Also in the mines, quest said to seal the tunnel, and I blew it up. But, where did I get the explosives?

Back to the town after mines - ok really strange setting. I come out of the mines, there's 20-30 guards standing around, 15 feet away are goblins, just staring at the guards and the whole town is busted and burning? Shouldn't the guards be killing those goblins? If not, shouldn't they be trying to put out some of the fires?

When I left to go in the mines, I had killed all the goblins in the town and outside the gate and there were 30-40 guards wandering around or standing in groups, how did they get overrun? Too many guards not doing much or cowering through out the quest, maybe thin them out to make it a bit more believable?

Please don't take my review as harsh criticism, it's not meant that way. I am just listing things that I noticed as I went through that seemed out of place or odd, in my view. Other people may look at it completely differently than I do. I do think you have a great base and with some fine tuning, it could be a really good quest.

edited September 2013
    Greetings @ephiroll!

Thanks for running and reviewing my quest! Glad you liked it. Made a few adjustments to the quest, including a few optional choices as to how to handle the prisoners in the training room, also added another area altogether, not a requirement area, just an explore and side quest.

I had the chance to run BeoWolf today. The layout of the map, the detail, the lore and story were all very well done. Nice work!

Few things I noticed during the quest ...

2nd chain on the beach - it was odd to interact with, some of it was "out of line of sight", had to move around to get it.

Tog - the conversation was fine, but I was attacked by another ogre around the corner and backed into the room with Tog, while fighting. Seemed odd that he just stood there and did nothing as I killed the other ogre.

edited September 2013
    Greetings @eldarth!

I had a chance to run Under Siege today! Really liked the whole fortress, well detailed and, loved being able to interact with things and seeing them move, as well as many of the well done details and effects at certain stages. Nice story and combat scripting as well. I did find a few things, which I am sending via PM.

edited September 2013
    Greetings @bazgc!

I had a chance to run The Silver Sword today and really enjoyed the quest. The story was written very well, the various options, to tailor the experience is nicely done. The combat, through out the quest was well balanced. I did get stuck in the teleporter on the way back to the beginning and had to go back and forth a couple times, till I was able to get out. Found a few other minor issues, sent via a PM, all in all a well done quest, good work!

• lumicakerylumicakery Member Posts: 95
    edited September 2013
    Hey man, I went ahead and played your quest :).

1) It was good, but I was a bit ticked off by the amount of 'Enrinyes + 2 Hellguards' encounters. If you could add more non Ashmadai encounters and skin them as Ashmadai, it could make the combat less repetitive.

2) Besides that, I would prefer to have some sort of ambient music playing when I'm running around the sewers.

3) Towards the end, you have a conversation with Rupert. I had all 3 of the items and had all 3 of those extra conversations unlocked. However, I chose the first one and that ended the dialogue. I couldn't see what the other 3 dialogues said.

When you get the time, please try my quest out. However, try to accept the quest from the catalog while inside Vellosk. There's that bug going around and everything. If 'Twilight Arena' appears, then that's the old version. Thanks in advance :).
    Joachim the Coward
    NW-DKK8NIRO6
    edited September 2013
    Greetings @lumicakery!

Thanks for running my quest! I had already planned on swapping out a number of the encounters, for non devil encounters and then re-skinning them, so this will be taken care of ;) Hmm, I swear I had music set, but when I checked, it was a blank button option, was kinda weird, anyway I added music back in. Ah the Rupert convo, I had it on my todo list, just forgot to do it, lol, done now.

I had the chance to run Joachim the Coward today. The story was well written and intriguing, many options and choices.

I chose the one player mode at all options and didn't have any problems till the final fight. Well, I didn't, but Joachim died like 3 times, trying to solo stuff, off to one side. Course, that made it seem kinda odd, when he respawned at the beginning of each floor, since he died and all.

The last fight, was a bit rough, I had chosen one player, but it gave me 3 mobs to fight. Oddly enough, the Champion, wasn't the hardest to kill. May want to look into that.

Sent a PM with a few other details.