test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2.3 Gb Coming Down the Pipe!

dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wondering what the 2229 mb coming through the NW launcher right now is? I'm guessing a Feywild pre-load.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    felomaks wrote: »
    Just wondering what the 2229 mb coming through the NW launcher right now is? I'm guessing a Feywild pre-load.

Yes, the download you get after you close the game is the Feywild pre-patch.
  • Options
    akeetlebeetleakeetlebeetle Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013

It's the Energizer Bunny patch. It keeps patching and patching...
  • Options
    dadanddragons#6895 dadanddragons Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's the Energizer Bunny patch. It keeps patching and patching...

I see what you mean now - this is now the second time it's getting it!
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited August 2013
    they need over 2GB of data to add 1 new pve zone? good god I cant wait to see when they start adding new classes and items into the game as well as zones and pvp content...gonna hit 30GB fast XD learn to compile cryptic
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they need over 2GB of data to add 1 new pve zone? good god I cant wait to see when they start adding new classes and items into the game as well as zones and pvp content...gonna hit 30GB fast XD learn to compile cryptic

It is the total size of the files being added and changed. You don't actually download 2gb.
  • Options
    rekragrekrag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I too am getting that patch every time I close the game. I tried to let it run through tonight, but after a 30% or so it stopped, and restarting NW restarted from 0%. I'm sort of hoping this improves before the module goes live
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Thanks for the tip "Tipster" What would we do without your insightful understanding of what this 2 gb download could be.

What other insightful tidbits of info you holding back from us?
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I hit the Preview site late last week and there was a very large patch (2.2GB or so) which should be the update for Module1. My understanding was that if I keep Preview "up to date" then, when the main servers are updated with Module1, my Neverwinter client will be 'updated' from the preview code now stored on my PC. I have noticed the Launcher is "updating" both before and after I play so I'm wondering if the Preview updating technique is no longer working ???
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ixotl wrote: »
    I hit the Preview site late last week and there was a very large patch (2.2GB or so) which should be the update for Module1. My understanding was that if I keep Preview "up to date" then, when the main servers are updated with Module1, my Neverwinter client will be 'updated' from the preview code now stored on my PC. I have noticed the Launcher is "updating" both before and after I play so I'm wondering if the Preview updating technique is no longer working ???

Now that I have downloaded the latest patch for the preview server, the pre-patch only shows up for a second when I close the game and closes as soon it sees that I'm up to date. Are you sure you have the latest preview server patch?
  • Options
    ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Pretty sure I'm up to date. The patching at open and close are pretty quick which makes me think it's only validating the patch and not actually downloading anything. I recall similar behavior from beta days so I'm not overly worried, I guess. It's just a bit unsettling.