test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF Plea for Developer Help

tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Devs,

Come up with some alternatives and this time consult the community. Put up some ideas and put it up for a vote. Let the masses argue back and forth over which would suit the role. You could even ask the community for some ideas. What I am requesting is made evident the further you read.

Unstoppable
Must get hit to build determination to activate. Perfect! I am a melee class in the middle of 100 adds!

Instigator's Vengeance
Whenever an ally within 15' of you is hit, you gain a stack of Vengeance for 10s. Each stack increases your Power by 10%. Stacks up to 5 times. Goes away when you are struck.Wait, you just told me I need to get hit. What do I say to those 100 mobs?

I have a few of things to say about it the Instigator capstone.

1) Solo adventuring. Completely useless. You can see that by just reading the description. UNACCEPTABLE.
2) A group of players. Still useless. See the following paragraph.
3) Instigator - a person who initiates a course of action.

I run in and aggro a group of mobs. This means that I am the target and therefore nobody on my team is getting hit. A singularity follows and lands on my head. What happens when a GWF Instigator is standing next to a singularity? Unstoppable and group assault happens. Nobody on my team is getting hit. What happens when someone does get hit? The stack is removed because the other 99 mobs are hitting or trying to hit me.

Examine the other two GWF capstones, they at least contribute to the their respective role consistently.

Destroyer's Purpose
You now gain Determination by dealing damage, and Unstoppable also increases your encounters damage by 10%.

Sentinel's Aegis
Increases the effectiveness of your Defense stat by 20% and causes Restoring Strike to Heal an additional 50% over 3 seconds.

Regards,

Warbane - Instigating since birth.
Post edited by tarmalen on

Comments

• Options
    duba11duba11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think they designed the instigator capstone/tree to help pull aggro off teammates. It's off-tanky but I think it would be a more effective capstone if it wasn't as easily dispelled.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Kudos for the AoW set correction.

Just requesting someone look into the capstone the same way they looked into the AoW set.
  • Options
    farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Players have been demanding GWF fixes since Beta3. You are right in your posts the instigator path is odd. Since it fights unstoppable.

But this fix will not change the sorry state the GWF is in now and it is getting worth with a doomsday nerf lingering above our heads.

The Game is still centered around TR, CW, DC, with fighters having little to no Role in PVE content. Nothing they can do cannot be accomplished by multiples of the core 3 classes, TR, CW and DC.

Just saying this to remind the devs to work on the big fixes first and to sop this bull**** about nerfing and tweaking little things.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No it will not fix the GWF but it is a move in the right direction.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    How about some ideas to fix/replace the capstone.

5% crit , 5% damage, 5% crit severity

or a combination of 2 increased to 10%?

Just throwing stuff out there.
  • Options
    baktanus666baktanus666 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    No it will not fix the GWF but it is a move in the right direction.

Ok. I've been reading this a lot lately from non GWF players. Can you explain why it's a move in the right direction?