test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why so Patchy?

2»

Comments

• Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Same happening here... constantly downloading 2GB patches... I can see it in my internet usage, so I KNOW it is downloading every time. It used SO much on Fri/Sat/Sun, that by the time I realised, it had actually blown my internet usage limit for the rest of the month!

Please fix! Or I can't play!

Mine attempts to download it each time I log on and off, but is never successful. I'm hoping it will be successful on the 22nd........
  • Options
    rehn81rehn81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder if it has something to do with the new PW ARC platform?
  • Options
    greeniewolf0greeniewolf0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 83
    edited August 2013
    I am seeing this as well. Can we please get a dev to look into this?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rehn81 wrote: »
    I wonder if it has something to do with the new PW ARC platform?

No, it is just the pre-patch for Feywild.
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I am seeing this as well. Can we please get a dev to look into this?

Ditto here. I'm getting the same thing.
  • Options
    nolracnolrac Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    umm.. can anyone tell me how I can bypass this patch NW.3.20130723a.16? Everytime I launch my NW launcer, it patches NW.3.20130723a.16. When I cancel, I can't play because no play button comes out. When I close the launcher and re-open, it tries to patch NW.3.20130723a.16 again.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nolrac wrote: »
    umm.. can anyone tell me how I can bypass this patch NW.3.20130723a.16? Everytime I launch my NW launcer, it patches NW.3.20130723a.16. When I cancel, I can't play because no play button comes out. When I close the launcher and re-open, it tries to patch NW.3.20130723a.16 again.

That is the patch that is currently on the live server. You need it in order to play.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yup, definitely annoying. Downloads the same amount before logging into the game. Downloads the same amount after like a broken record. I wish the dang thing would just effin download all the way and be done w/ it rather than downloading the same percentage over and over..
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aaronjf wrote: »
    Yup, definitely annoying. Downloads the same amount before logging into the game. Downloads the same amount after like a broken record. I wish the dang thing would just effin download all the way and be done w/ it rather than downloading the same percentage over and over..

Try updating the latest preview server patch as that is the same patch the the pre-patch is trying to download.
  • Options
    notag0dnotag0d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    They'll not bother fixing this, in a few days the new patch will be live and the problem will be gone. It's all part of that splendid customer experience they strive for ;)
  • Options
    nolracnolrac Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    My download gets stuck at some point. When I close and re-download, it happens again. Should I just wait for the release of Fury of the Feywild? Will the patching work well by then?
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BUMP FOR BLUE PLZ

STILL doing this a week later!
  • Options
    shadowwolfe77shadowwolfe77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes, looks to be a different version number when loading and exiting. When I load, it'll stop at 9%. If I close and restart it won't try to load again. But if I hit play then logout | exit and the other patch loads then the first patch will try to load again.

Exiting version is NW.5.20130812b.2 (2230mb) and stops before 1% and starting patch is NW.3.20130723a.16 (2242KB).

I know the feeling i get the same thing but mine finished and it made my game very laggy and i got booted out of the game. I had to down load the game again. I would suggest not to down load them cause it screwed up my game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I know the feeling i get the same thing but mine finished and it made my game very laggy and i got booted out of the game. I had to down load the game again. I would suggest not to down load them cause it screwed up my game.

bump:cool::mad::eek::(
  • Options
    jarlsburgjarlsburg Member Posts: 222 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. Apparently they are going to do the same thing they did when they "Fixed" the way the sort button stopped working (it started with the Lilland event and when the event ended the problem was "Fixed"). They are just leave a known problem there and ignore it and let it automatically fix itself later when the update is finally out. What a horrible way to treat their customers. I pity those who have a bandwith cap.
  • Options
    tawmisnentawmisnen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same thing happens here.
    Log in, and it tries to patch briefly. Game launches fine. Exit, and if I leave it, it immediately tries to repeat the patching. I can exit it, while it's trying to patch, so that when I launch it next time, it does a quick scan. This happened before. Just realized, the trick was closing the Neverwinter log in before it begins patching. Not too much of a big deal, but probably confusing to new folks who may not have figured that one out.

As for the above, for those that have a "bandwidth" cap, I am not sure playing MMO's is such a wonderful idea to begin with. :)
  • Options
    harshalnharshaln Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    same thing with 4gb patch and its not like other patches. which we can leave to do half patch in other time .it jus start from 0% if we close (i can't cancel patch) it..........hope fully it patches the FOTF .and dnt give me another patch on 22 aug
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jarlsburg wrote: »
    I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. Apparently they are going to do the same thing they did when they "Fixed" the way the sort button stopped working (it started with the Lilland event and when the event ended the problem was "Fixed"). They are just leave a known problem there and ignore it and let it automatically fix itself later when the update is finally out. What a horrible way to treat their customers. I pity those who have a bandwith cap.

Seems that way. :mad:

Mine is downloading 1.8GB every time, out of 2.3GB, but it thinks it's 9%... so there's another thing PW can't do - basic math. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    I posted this in another thread but it must have been missed by many.

A way to stop the endless patching

Sorry this is a bit late but I just figured it out last night. It will still give you a jump on the patching for tomorrow.

In the game launcher if you look in the top right hand corner you will see "Options". If you click on it you will get a little box full of check boxes. Click the one that says "Disable on demand patching" and then reload the launcher. It should download the whole patch now and it will stop trying to patch every time you open the launcher.

After I did this I downloaded a 2 GB patch when loading the game and 4 GB patch when I exited the game. It no longer tries to patch on either.