test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Issues with rolling cave doors.

taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Okay, I'm trying to get a transition from one map to another to enter into a cavern area. What I want to have happen is for the player to open one of those rolling boulder doors, then there's a depthfade deal behind it, they'll interact with that and it will take them to the next map.

The issue I'm running in to is the boulder not rolling when it's interacted with. I have searched and searched for info, but I seem to be missing something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
Post edited by taevannya on

Comments

• Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You have a room behind? Doors only open to a connection.

The way I would do this is having the cave door with a room behind, put the depthfade in the room where you want it and then place an invisible wall right behind the door as the map transition. If that is how you have it then I don't know.

Edit: Oh, you mean the other way round. Dunno now.

Edit again: I just had a quick look and found one thing it could be. I placed both:

Cave Door Rolling boulder (#55)
    Cave Door Rolling boulder (#56)

#55 seems to work but #56 doesn't. Possibly may be your problem.
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You need to make a custom map. Have 2 maps. They line up with a doorway intersection and put the boulders there. Try using "true and False" values on it. In the room behind make sure in your quest run down that the interaction behind it is the transition to the new map.

Also if you have heaps of space still for NPC's effects etc.... and it is also going got be an indoor map - just have the map continue there and walk through some fog with maybe an interaction that explains a plane shift.

Also on your map you must have "Door" selected from the asset library (should auto be on map if it joins the 2 maps) and then choose the door you want from the menu it pops up on the screen with. Choose no Dynamic behaviour for it to just open.

I hope this is helpful and maybe some new info!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Indeed, thanks guys!
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)