test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Having an advanced dialogue issue...

notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Trying to do the following:

NPC: OOC statement about NPC. No reply options available yet.

Object (chat): Initial dialogue refers you back to NPC. No replies available yet.

NPC: After talking to object, reply to ask about object displays.
NPC: Last chain in this conversation

Object: After reaching last chain in previous conversation, player given access to a reply that progresses the event when talking to the object again.

I have everything set up with "reply visible when X dialogue prompt," but all replies are showing right from the start of conversation. I am trying to do this outside of quest chain.

Any thoughts? Can we not refer back to replies that have yet to be unlocked between two objects/NPCs?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
Post edited by notaurious on

Comments

• Options
    mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Haven't played around with the visible whens enough to really help, but I can suggest a work around. Have two copies of the object and NPC. Make the first NPC disappear when dialogue on object reached and the second appear. Make the first object disappear when dialogue on NPC reached and the second appear. Might be less hassle and wouldn't take too many resources.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm kind of doing this in "Old Magic" -- A complex dialog with Sage Ramiel asks for three old tomes using Required Item on each tome which is a "quest created item" dropped from various location items. Unfortunately the "response" is visible (but essentially greyed-out) if the PC does not have the required item.
  • Options
    neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    As I was trying to explain to you in the foundry chat.
    You are trying to do this the wrong way. if you try to do this with dialogue reached, then YES it will still always start you at the beginning, and worse yet, if the dialog is part of an objective then it will disappear once it has reached it's end the FIRST time.

I'm still a bit confused on what you are wanting in the end. But what I think you want to do is an Enable/Disable set up.
    I have a very simple explanation of how this works via an illustration. Take a look and see if this is what you need.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?422971-Enable-disable-101

I mostly set up dialogs as a separate thing because when you set them up directly as an objective, you lose a lot of the parameters.
    The enable/disable is very powerful as you can keep coming back to the NPC, and talk to them, and you actions either in dialog, interaction or area markers will determine what part of the larger dialog the player will see/get to.

Hope this helps.

NW1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have played with the dialogue editor in the foundry extensively, and I'd love to help, but like NW1776, I'm actually not entirely sure what it is you're trying to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]