test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs: Make a last stand to stop players from permanently quitting

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Module 1 or the Sharandar Campaign System is your last hope to determine whether this game would be a moderate success or a mediocre failure. Most of the players in your so-called 2 million accounts strong have temporarily quit and are waiting to give you guys one last chance come August 22. Sharandar and the midsummer festival will only keep most of them interested from a short period most likely due to the fact that most of the rewards are almost useless . Novelty of coming back and doing something new will be the only ones holding their interest which will probably last for 2 weeks tops.

Between that time, I would urge you to announce the next module or at least a new big gigantic patch that will truly give players a reason to come back and stay. Most of my friends have temporarily quit the game several weeks ago. They saw no reason to play it for now, their characters are already geared, the prices of all the items are falling drastically that dungeons aren't worth their time anymore like it used to. (Remember when a Rogue-mainhand used to sell for millions?) And guess what, they were right.

There was absolutely no point in continuing to playing this game until August 22. No new progression, no level-cap increase, no new dungeons, no new areas, no new gear, no new classes, no new paragon paths, most of the events were fairly lackluster, and gaunt was a miserable failure. If you quit the last several weeks, you have missed NOTHING (apart from the fact that your dragon eggs are only 1/4 of the value now). For the players that continue to be loyal and play this game, they have nothing to show for it to their friends coming back.

Please developers, I love this game and I will continue to support it. Unlike majority of your players, I will give it a chance all the way up to Module 2. Please do something, give players a REAL reason to return and play. Do it while you have the attention of a lot of players come August 22. Convince them to stay! If you don't, there is a chance your next announcement will fall on mostly deaf ears since a lot of these players will have quit the game permanently.

Here are a few of my suggestions that hopefully you guys are already working on:
1. Tier 3 gear and a level cap increase
- I know this game has only been officially released this summer but due to the exploits and the fact that players got BIS gear too quickly, this is an emergency break glass scenario to entice players to stay
2. Fix Gauntlgrym
- Right now, people are merely exploiting the dailies from Rhix by getting a score of 1 and afking until the PVE portion ends. Make a required cap for contribution before people can collect their dailies but more importantly, make the rewards for completing the whole Gaunt at least somewhat on-par with Dungeon Delves rewards so people will invest time in it. How about implementing yet another Sharandar-type campaign system to Gaunt? You already have the instance and systems implemented.
3. New areas, new dungeons
- pretty self explanatory
4. Discount on mount/companion upgrades, respecing, etc
- 10% discount is a complete joke. First of all, the original pricing standards you put were ridiculously dumb. 10% off of a dumb price is still a dumb price. Second, you want to promote your players to experiment with their builds, try out new companions and different mounts.
5. Buff other companions
- You want to earn money from people buying companions in your zen store? MAKE THEM USEFUL. Give them AI that isn't stupid and constantly dying, buff them to make them comparable to the Ioun Stone/Cat.
6. Skirmishes
- Now that you sort of have a median value for how much Dungeon Delve profits are at using the salvage values, you can conservatively increase the rewards for doing skirmishes. My suggestion would be at around 4k diamonds for 1 hour of skirmishing
7. Capture the Flag PVP
- just a minor suggestion, but I am interested in a CTF mode which should not be hard to implement. There are currently a lot of imbalance issues in PVP but I'm sure this will only spark more debate and argument than productivity so I will not go into it here.
8. Fix any new exploits ASAP
- this is more on the new dungeons. All the exploiting players have already gotten their BIS gear and have profited. Fixing the current dungeons will mostly just hurt the newer players who have not exploited. Focus on the exploits on the new dungeons first.
9. BOP/BOE Issue
- I do not like the new system. I takes away any reason to continue farming the current dungeons
10. Zone chat spamming
- With the players coming back, a certain 3rd party website goldseller is going to go ham on the spamming. Please let players under a certain level threshold (20? 30?) be able to type on zone chat once every 30 seconds
11. Make Celestial Coin rewards BOP (not BOA)
- I mean really, the only ones opposed to this idea are the ones with 100 alts or accounts
12. Alchemy
- Leadership is good for providing some AD, the other professions are capable of crafting BIS items and reinforced gloves. Alchemy is useless. I see potential in Distilled Potions, Potion of Power and Stamina. Here are some of my suggested changes in the recipes:
a. Distilled Potion - take out the Aqua Regia requirement, add a task that lets you make a batch of 10x Distilled potions in 2 hours and reduce the task of making 1 potion to 5 minutes
b. Major Flask of Potency - the task now gives 10x potions
c. Major Flask of Protection - the task now gives 10x potions
d. Potion of Power - reduce Aqua Regia requirement to 5, the tier 1/2/3 tasks now gives 6/9/12 potions respectively
e. Potion of Stamina - reduce Aqua Regia requirement to 5, the tier 1/2/3 tasks now gives 9/15/21 potions respectively
Aqua Vitae, Aqua Regia and any potion crafted are now bind on pickup. This will hopefully bring interest and importance to levelling Alchemy as well as using it occasionally without using the Auction House as a shortcut to completely dismiss it.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• spadgerspadger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Taking away tenebrous enchantment is a major fail, there's people who build around equipping these for months and couldn't afford it, they better make tenebrous drop elsewhere or there will be a mass exodus.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I dont want progression, but rather i want things to do and choices. everything seems to be haphazardly put together.

1. revise all the feat trees and make all 3 desirable.

2. introduce paragon paths (which i believe they are working on)

3. add morealternate T2 gear, that is also good alternate stat combinations and more items (not T3 please or you will render all T2 content useless, like T1 is right now).

Im personally waiting for 2-3 more classes. atleast 1 new tank and healer (unless they fix GWF). Which will probably be a year away, so ill probably have to put the game asside until then but i know ill end up forgetting about it by the time these things do come around.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    10. Zone chat spamming
    - With the players coming back, a certain 3rd party website goldseller is going to go ham on the spamming. Please let players under a certain level threshold (20? 30?) be able to type on zone chat once every 30 seconds

great suggestion... i wish somebody important actually read this :P
    Veno Forever <3
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You do realize that you are only the minority here. Majority of the players don't even come to the forums. So saying players are going to quit. The only ones I see that are talking about it is the minority and even then that is only a small part
  • eldmorg79eldmorg79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    You do realize that you are only the minority here. Majority of the players don't even come to the forums. So saying players are going to quit. The only ones I see that are talking about it is the minority and even then that is only a small part

actually, to be honest, those "bluff players" that "quiting game" every day (some of them even more times a day :) ) i dont see in other games forums... not so much however :P
    Veno Forever <3
  • phantomlambphantomlamb Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The sky is falling!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    eldmorg79 wrote: »
    great suggestion... i wish somebody important actually read this :P

I have lots of other good suggestions that I also hope the devs would read. I really want to keep playing this game and I think those suggestions would help improve it
  • firepufffirepuff Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eldmorg79 wrote: »
    actually, to be honest, those "bluff players" that "quiting game" every day (some of them even more times a day :) ) i dont see in other games forums... not so much however :P

EverQuest has been "dying" since before Luclin came out. 14 years later, it's still alive and kicking. (Yes, I still play, myself.) Every game has its naysayers, but it doesn't mean a thing.

In other news, about that shard merge... (I kid, I kid.)
    edited August 2013
    I don't think this game is in danger of dying, its probably one of the most successful Cryptic MMOs right now if not ever. I believe that the next few weeks will determine how big Neverwinter's long-term average playerbase is going to be. You can agree or disagree with that all you want, it doesn't matter to me.

I am more interested in people's thoughts about my suggested changes or if other players have suggestions themselves on what Cryptic can do to improve the game.
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013

How dare you introduce facts to this fantasy?!
    These "Change the game in this way <insert long list of demands> or everyone is quitting!" threads are so tiresome. Can't constructive suggestions be made without forecasting gloom and doom?
    10PM CST

edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »
    These "Change the game in this way <insert long list of demands> or everyone is quitting!" threads are so tiresome. Can't constructive suggestions be made without forecasting gloom and doom?

These "Change the tone of your thread" posts are so tiresome. Can't constructive replies to my suggestions listed be made without accusing a person of forecasting gloom and doom?
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Their facebook page likes continue to drop.. To me that says people are really quitting and getting fed up w/ the bs..
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Or people get tired of facebook quickly unless there is a reason to be there like fabulous prizes.
    you offer prizes and people show up.

in the childsplay even there tons of people for the entire 24 hours
    even at 3-4 am. and they were almost all positive and supportive,
    they raised more than 3x their original goal for charity.

But I don't really think the devs even read sky is falling people are going to quit posts.
    with the exception of the dev's that are locking or moving the threads
    the devs do seem to react to more positive threads. Ive seen a lot of additions
    to the game that I had originally seen on "This would be soo cool" types
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    neverwinter is free ..... but i still dont want to play it
    spadger wrote: »
    Taking away tenebrous enchantment is a major fail, there's people who build around equipping these for months and couldn't afford it, they better make tenebrous drop elsewhere or there will be a mass exodus.

What? Where did they state this?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    gibbem wrote: »
    What? Where did they state this?

I'll believe this when I see a link as I am pretty sure that it is one of their main cash cows.

Unless they are planning to release a better enchantment in the new lock-boxes or something similar of course.....
  • gibbemgibbem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Maybe he is refering to this?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5615371&viewfull=1#post5615371
    Quote Originally Posted by spadger View Post
    Please answer me this, once this event is over will the normalized Nightmare Lockbox still contain the lesser tenebrous and plaguefire enchants? I scroll over the Enchanted key tooltip, and it gave 2 different enchantments - terror flame and Brilliant Insignia, please clarify this for all of us.
    We apologize for that confusion! Terror Flame should be Lesser Plaguefire Enchantment, Brilliant Insignia should be Lesser Tenebrous Enchantment, and Indomitable Runestone should be Lesser Infomitable Runestone. That is a text display bug on the Enchanted Key tooltip
  • spelljammer420spelljammer420 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't think this game is in danger of dying, its probably one of the most successful Cryptic MMOs right now if not ever. I believe that the next few weeks will determine how big Neverwinter's long-term average playerbase is going to be. You can agree or disagree with that all you want, it doesn't matter to me.

I am more interested in people's thoughts about my suggested changes or if other players have suggestions themselves on what Cryptic can do to improve the game.

Few quick suggestions.

Biggest thing to improve ingame character depth, is paragon trees. Every one is cookie cutter, we all need the same relative stats to do the same relative things.

- 2nd Improve on pvp. This is a huge basis of your community and would grow doubly if you added things like a ranking system, or gear score system. To discourge the current pubstomp way the game is played. Ranking is a must! (also adding a potential for blue gear bracket for more pvp difference.)

-3rd Make your events meaningful. There are glaring problems for top level content. Foundries are useless outside of a fun adventure in some ones crappy fan fic. There is no reason to do this for progressinging your own character..and even the difficulty level is incredibly low so that it doesnt even lend itself to group content. At best these are breeze through solo challenges that add some unique flavor but no lasting effect. (at max level.) Skirmishes should be a kill frenzy equilvalent not another dungeon crawl since we already have those. Spawn lots of mobs huge ammounts for our parties to slaughter and reward us wit the junk you love to send of us (ench, gold, materials pots lock boxes )

4th- do something unique, make your game interesting in the character development side. In anarchy online players created the story line for the game, by having GMs and people with special privelages to play out as community leaders (ie have a tournament or something for a single player to achieve king status and give him a week or two to enjoy before the next sap gets it) Anarchy online was able to keep a consistant story line going with events that made since over the timeline of the game and alowed for players to role play easily and become involved. (cool parties, rp events)

The people who play this game, are into mmorpgs, they like rewards they like competition and they like that unique since of character development that comes with dnd. Promote these aspects of the game and it will shine above all others. Give us more junk and filler (medicore gear, enchants, levels pets) in an attempt to rob some 16 year old plebs of their parents money (read as allowance)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    To me the game is still in it's beta state.

You're still asked at level 30 to choose a paragon path when they've still not added any other paths into the game. There are also still feats that are tied into skills you dont get for another 20+ levels, really bad design choice that I know I reported during the closed.

Companion upgrade books have been coming soon since closed beta and are still flagged as that.

Gauntlgrym was a nice idea but to release something that requires you to be in a guild to gain access severely limits the options for doing anything at 60 other than sit around town getting bored out your mind waiting for a dungeon or skirmish to come up. Foundry stuff is there but I don't like having to break the flow of an instance to join another especially when the foundry stuff can often be so much better than anything cryptic has given us.
  • readytoredrumreadytoredrum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the alchemy buffs
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard
  • raistlin00raistlin00 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the post however if you really think that alchemy is useless then I guess you don't like diamonds. By transmuting you can almost triple you money though the ah. With as much thought as you have put into the rest of the post im surprised that you couldn't figure this out.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited August 2013
    Module 1 has Tier 3 gear waiting to be earned by hardworking adventurers.
  • deaththroedeaththroe Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These "Change the tone of your thread" posts are so tiresome. Can't constructive replies to my suggestions listed be made without accusing a person of forecasting gloom and doom?

I wasn't accusing you. I was stating a fact.
    Convince them to stay! If you don't, there is a chance your next announcement will fall on mostly deaf ears since a lot of these players will have quit the game permanently.

Threatening the devs with the sky falling is not the most constructive means of getting your point across. Good try tho and thanks for playing! ;)
    10PM CST

• incogitableincogitable Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    game is dying, im thinking about quitting it just isn't fun anymore. The new expansion with all the dailies and replayable quests feels like a chore.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The new expansion with all the dailies and replayable quests feels like a chore.

Isn't this almost the definition of an update/expansion for a MMO nowdays.....
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Isn't this almost the definition of an update/expansion for a MMO nowdays.....

Yes it is. It is a feature I've seen used in a lot of MMO's to give players something to do. It is something I do every day in World of Warcraft. The funny part is how you end up with players complaining about lack of content, so the devs implement dailies as a means to give players something to do.

Then you have those players complain about how doing dailies feels more like a chore. Never ending circle of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I want something to do, ok here you go...Now I want to complain about how I have something to do That I don't like.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Thats BS i have asked this question at my work most people before picking a game or thinking about playing a game check out that games forum. So this statement is not true that most people dont goto forums.
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    deaththroe wrote: »

This type of response from fan boys is what will bring this game down also. You complain about people complaining on the game without saying really why they are complaining. Then when someone puts the effort into saying what they think is wrong with the game you jump on them also. Stop dry humping the legs of the devs and try to make this game better.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They can start but unnerfing GWF.
  • bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thats BS i have asked this question at my work most people before picking a game or thinking about playing a game check out that games forum. So this statement is not true that most people dont goto forums.

Look at the avg number of people playing per day and compare that to posters per day. The forum goers, I am not just talking doomsayers, are very much a minority.

The angriest minority is often the loudest. That is what we see here on the forums.

The doomsayers are so loud and overbearing that it takes away from the points of people with legitimate well stated complaints.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
This discussion has been closed.