test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideas on improving the game

shozrehshozreh Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The following in quotations is from a thread that was locked for the "I quit" card. I liked the guys ideas and wanted to pull them in here along with my own

"1) Dungeon queue times/amount of dungeons that you can queue for.
Only being able to queue for 3 dungeons at end game is very limiting, as you have to try to pick popular dungeons that most people are running. Otherwise, you can sit in queues for hours with no action (Dragon) and if you pick that really cool dungeon you've never done that isn't popular - then it's a possibility you won't even get a chance during normal play sessions. This also leads into 2 below.

Suggested Fix: Allow a 'Queue for random dungeon' option. Random dungeon every time, queues are restricted by gear score so that you can still get a T1 or T2 dungeon. Place a penalty for leaving group before end boss, so that people can't willingly choose these queues then leave when they don't get a certain dungeon.

2) Exploited and speed runs.
So there you are, you waited 30 minutes to 2 hours to finally get in a popular dungeon (Spider, Pirate, Kara) that you have the best chance of getting a group, and people want to skip half the dungeon or do suicide runs and exploits. Not why myself or the majority play this game.

Suggested Fix: Clean up the exploits and close the loopholes. This is extremely frustrating for those of us who want to play the game.

3) Epic Gear should be epic, not tradeable and BoE. I know the argument, you have the option of grinding through and getting the gear the old fashioned way or you can buy it. This statement is false. With the current player base and queue problems above mixed with exploits, I can't just play the game and get all of my gear by running dungeons because some dungeons never pop...everyone is too busy doing speed runs. So I am left with buying the gear. Fine, now my cleric has the whole Miracle Healer set. No sense of achievement, no value at all to me. I can still grind out gems and min/max, but really?

Suggested Fix: Leave T1 sets as BoE, T2 and all sets hereafter should be BoP only. Leave the gems and all the min/max stuff in the cash shop if people want to buy it and make your money. Make money off of companion upgrades and lockboxes and mounts and everything else. The core gear should not be a money machine, nor should it be buyable in game with normal currency like astral diamonds."

4) Along with the epic gear I feel like the only time I can realistically get a dungeon group through queing is when the dungeon delve is up. I would love to see better/different incentives for people to run dungeons other than DD.

Suggestion: Have T2 drop 2x pieces of gear rather than 1. I have no suggestion as to what to do about DD.

5) I play a great weapon fighter and one of my biggest complaints is how the game feels centered around having to have a control wizard. Never in my MMO career have I ever encountered a game where 4 people were on adds and only 1 person (rogue) was needed to kill the boss. I would love to see boss mechanics where it wasn't about controlling adds why one guy killed the boss. I think this along with the ability for people to "cheese" the dungeons by throwing mobs off cliffs would do a lot to enable both fighter classes to have a place in Castle Never.

6) I would love to see something implemented that would let me purchase a second spec slot so that when I got bored I could freely switch between pve and pvp specs.