test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP bailout penalty idea

areeeareee Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
If you're winning and have to bail, no penalty.

If you're losing and you bail out, 1 hour penalty.

Those who whine about the penalty, probably bail out. :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bigbascdtbigbascdt Member Posts: 42
    edited August 2013
    This would promote a lot of trolling though, premades of 2 or more could just smash a team, then get into a small fight with a pug in their group, then all leave and the team what WAS winning will now get utterly demolished by the 5 of the other team.
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    An hour is much too long. What if I had a small, unstandable and excusable emergency but was ready again 30 mins later? 15 mins later?

A 15 minute penalty is reasonable, and also happens to be the length of the average PVP match. This would encourage players to just stay in the match anyway, instead of bailing and requeuing, since they will be waiting the exact same average match duration in town until the debuff fades.

This is also the exact duration World of Warcraft uses for their "Deserter" debuff. A 15 minute ban from queueing for PVP if you leave mid-match. It works just fine there, as those who have an emergency can leave and come back to PVPing later, and penalizes those who are trying to min/max their glory/honor farming rates by leaving.

There is no need for Perfect World to re-invent the wheel here. Just copy what WoW did, because it works in this particular case.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    sfxer001 wrote: »
    An hour is much too long. What if I had a small, unstandable and excusable emergency but was ready again 30 mins later? 15 mins later?

A 15 minute penalty is reasonable, and also happens to be the length of the average PVP match. This would encourage players to just stay in the match anyway, instead of bailing and requeuing, since they will be waiting the exact same average match duration in town until the debuff fades.

This is also the exact duration World of Warcraft uses for their "Deserter" debuff. A 15 minute ban from queueing for PVP if you leave mid-match. It works just fine there, as those who have an emergency can leave and come back to PVPing later, and penalizes those who are trying to min/max their glory/honor farming rates by leaving.

There is no need for Perfect World to re-invent the wheel here. Just copy what WoW did, because it works in this particular case.

Just use a scaling penalty like most other games.
    1st offense, 15 minutes.
    2nd, 30 min.
    3rd, 1 hour.

Etc.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    sfxer001sfxer001 Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    That would be fine, too.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    areee wrote: »
    If you're winning and have to bail, no penalty.

If you're losing and you bail out, 1 hour penalty.

Those who whine about the penalty, probably bail out. :p

I have never left a pvp match even when my entire team bails because I love the challenge and the fun of ambushing unsuspecting enemy looking for strangling opponents. But regardless of that, making a leaving penalty will do absolutely NOTHING to help make pvp better. If players know about this punishment they will find ways of avoiding it or making it worse. They might just hang out and not even do anything, so you didn't solve anything at all, but instead just shifted the problem. So players will give up fighting but stay in the party waiting for the match to end. It will solve NOTHING.
  • Options
    szandmanszandman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The real blow is there is no point to the pvp at all. There is no scaling for pvp ability/equipment so it's either a pickup group of noobs getting rolled over by a premade or a premade rolling over a pickup group. There is no ranking, no stats ... nothing to work for but TWO count them TWO daily runs for astral diamonds. I generally roll off two wins so it's over quick and the competition is so bad generally I am not inclined to queue again. If I solo-queued I might get rolled by a premade and if I went in with a premade I might just have rolled two solo-queues.

Sure leavers are an issue, but the total lack of pvp fun is another. I currently logon every other day to roll off 4-5 games and get my 2 wins. I don't know why, it only provides a few thousand AD when an upgrade for me is in the 5 million AD range. Seems futile, I will probably stop at some point.

-THE HOUND
  • Options
    mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    why dont they give better rewards for staying then instead of getting roflstomped then you have to leave? sure a penalty for leaving is whatever, but those that stay get nothing