test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Assists and Kills in PVP

modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I don't see any good reason why kills should give more points on the personal score table then assists.

First, i'm really tired of ending in the bottom of the score coz I primary play a healer class. Even if i get 35+ assists, 0 deaths and capture a decent amount of Nodes, those classes that have good finishers will always top the score coz of this, they wouldn't even get half the kills done if i weren't for me tankin and healing.

Second, whover gets the kill is quit often just a fluke. Classes with high burst will get it moast of the time for obvius reasons. When 2 high dmg classes hit the same target it totally random who gets the kill.

This is my sugestion: If more then 1 player attacks a target they can never get anything else then a assist. If a player completly kill someone by themself, they should be awarded with a kill. If a player gets healed while killing someone both the healer and dmg dealer gets an assist, even if the healer didn't touch the other player. This I feel is the moast equal for everyone.

I know the score table is silly, and moast players isn't bothered to much with it. But thing is that top players get rewarded. So it should be equal.

You could also do complelty different thing. Were Top 1 Dmg, Top 1 Killer, Top 1 Healer and Top 1 Nodes captured would get a reward.
Post edited by modimor on

Comments

• Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Things that they should do for the PvP scoring system:

1. Make getting "Tower Defender" (Gives you 100 extra points for killing a target from or that is on the node) received upon getting an assist as well.

2. Make it that the person who gets the kill is the person who does the most damage to the enemy instead of it being who did the final blow (Which currently leads to a lot of annoying KSing. Especially when you brought the targets HP down by like 90% and somebody just does a small tap and gets the kill.)

3. Make it to where, like you said, DCs get an assist while a teammate is actively being healed by one of the DC's abilities.

4. Get a small sum of points for reviving a teammate. (Encouraging revives instead of a selfish teamate more worried about getting kills)
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »

1. Make getting "Tower Defender" (Gives you 100 extra points for killing a target from or that is on the node) received upon getting an assist as well.

2. Make it that the person who gets the kill is the person who does the most damage to the enemy instead of it being who did the final blow (Which currently leads to a lot of annoying KSing. Especially when you brought the targets HP down by like 90% and somebody just does a small tap and gets the kill.)

3. Make it to where, like you said, DCs get an assist while a teammate is actively being healed by one of the DC's abilities.

4. Get a small sum of points for reviving a teammate. (Encouraging revives instead of a selfish teamate more worried about getting kills)

To 2: Why should the kill go to the DD? He don't kill the person! It's the last killing blow! So you can do 99% of the Damage, but the person still survive. And what is with healing? Then you have done 0% of the dmg or what?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »

That wouldn't solve anything for tanky, support or healers tbh. If you assist on a target you shouldn't be able to get points for more then assist, that would be the moast ballanced thing. If they gonna keep this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> scoreboard. that is. I still think, rewards should be split up to the best dmg dealer, best killer, best healer and moast nodes taken. It's just a ****ty peice of armour you get in the end, but those can be sold for gold, and gold can generate AD. And i'm really tired of being a class that never gets the pricy rewards. It's almoast like they encourege every class to spec dps for PVP.
  • Options
    lordcessnalordcessna Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Try summer school next year and get the moast value for your time.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    lordcessna wrote: »
    Try summer school next year and get the moast value for your time.

Um, anyone got any idea what lordcessna's ironically misspelt post is meant to mean?
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Um, anyone got any idea what lordcessna's ironically misspelt post is meant to mean?

Lol I looked it up and only found results in the Urban dictionary.

Moast

A word meant to describe something when there is no other word to be used.

Moast can be positive, negative, descriptive in any way possible.

Derived from the word toast, because toast is awesome.

Bob - "Dude, that just might've been the most moast movie I have ever seen."

Mark - "Did you see that scene where those guy's got completely abused by the main guy? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> doesn't even describe it, that was just moast."
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    drentazdrentaz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    giving award for best healer in pvp is like giving awards for best damage with daggers, or best damage with orbs ... it applies only to one class ... so it isnt the best ideea... but giving assist for healing someone that makes a kill, i agree with that ...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    You know party can have several healers, and both teams can have one.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Also, life steal, and regen would be a factor in party were there's no healers.
  • Options
    drentazdrentaz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    You know party can have several healers, and both teams can have one.
    yea but always the best heal its going to be won by a cleric, ok life steal and regen, but can u tell me how will a control wizard will avoid being at the botton of this list?

I thought the whole ideea of this thread was to find solutions how to ballance the score list better , not how to a add very unballanced one
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    LOTRO has a system where every player who damages another player who dies or heals a player who damages the dying player receives a portion of the reward based on how much damage they did or how much healing they did. That way if you solo kill a player you get like 150 points, but if you wander upon someone already close to death and just tap him to finish him off you only get 10 or 12 points. I think something like that would be better than just rewarding the person who gets the last hit in, since that leads to TR's stealing everyones kills with throwing daggers.
  • Options
    kingculexkingculex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    benskix2 wrote: »
    LOTRO has a system where every player who damages another player who dies or heals a player who damages the dying player receives a portion of the reward based on how much damage they did or how much healing they did. That way if you solo kill a player you get like 150 points, but if you wander upon someone already close to death and just tap him to finish him off you only get 10 or 12 points. I think something like that would be better than just rewarding the person who gets the last hit in, since that leads to TR's stealing everyones kills with throwing daggers.

Have to single out TRs huh? What about the GFs or GWFs or CWs that kill a player who runs from a TR after the TR did most of the damage? It does not matter what class a player is using because everyone does it. It is team PVP unfortunately. You get more points by capping the points. Capping the points is 300 points. You cap all three and boom that is 900 points. You recap a point and that is another 300 points. Killing you only get 50-150 points per kill. I do agree there should be something for DC who are supporting their team mates. The system in LOTRO seems like it would be a good system. I play mainly as a TR and it is funny when an opposite team member runs from me and into a team mate. I say thank you to my team member instead of complaining because the opposite team member is dead either way. It simply comes down to the opposite team member being dead, the points are capped, and my team wins. DCs should get bonus points for healing since it is harder for them to kill the opposing team.
    Every class has advantages and disadvantages. Learn the disadvantages of you class to overcome them. Learn the advantages of your class and the disadvatages of other classes to use them in pvp to win.

There is no point to whine for nerfs because you win some and loose some. Crying just makes a player look like a crier and no one, especially the devs, should take them seriously. Have a nice day!:)
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I singled out TRs because they have a ranged attack without a long animation proceeding it so they are the most effective class at mopping up kills. You don't see many players trying to avoid death who run at the melee only opponents. I know it's a team game, but I like getting useless blue gear for first place, so personal score is not irrelevant.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    drentaz wrote: »
    yea but always the best heal its going to be won by a cleric, ok life steal and regen, but can u tell me how will a control wizard will avoid being at the botton of this list?

I thought the whole ideea of this thread was to find solutions how to ballance the score list better , not how to a add very unballanced one

I'm not sure you read the entire idea here, the goal was to have Several catagories, and the winner in each catagory would get the the highest reward:

1: Moast dmg dealt
    2: Moast kills done
    3: Moast healing done
    4: Moast nodes caputred.

CW fit in very well in 3 of those catagories, and if neither of teams have a cleric, they probobly could snatch Healing aswell.
  • Options
    arcrivalarcrival Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I like how you included "moast" on your last post.

Fact is heals received translates to damage dealt. I sat on node 2 w/ a healer I trashed all who entered u went after the healer she healed herself and I got them from behind. This threadf has yielded some great ideas. Reward = effort/work. So if I am taking on two people and the healer is keeping me up then no doubt she should reap the benefits as well. This whole kill shot thing is meh. If 2,3,4 or 5 are all in on it then we all get a piece of cake.

Oh the reward for moast heal/dmg or w/e no. Now reward for most combined work or input I can support that idea not sure how you would work it though. Cause then it would be people crying because u got the node points right at the end or some whiner <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that lol.
  • Options
    katryna29katryna29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »

Whats ironic, is that you took lordcessnas ironic post completely the wrong way, and then quoted him in your signature?! If you read the post above by modimor, you would see that he mispelt most, putting moast, hence the sarcastic quip by lordcessna about summer school... you just misread it I think? Whats even funnier, is modimor continues to mispel it later and is credited with taking the mickey out of lordcessna...!!! this whole thread has had me chuckling at people poking fun at people and the irony of someone trying to be ironic and quoting the wrong post in a signature! Epic Fail!
    "Yey though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am the evillest thing in the valley"
  • Options
    rukhmathrukhmath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I agree, the point system must be reworked.

Fustrating having the most number of kills, but the guy with the fast mount running around capping nodes gets the top spot.
    No need for quotes anymore. Lost City's eyes are wide open now. Thank god!b:victory
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What about support classes? Clerics don't do a lot of damage (well, they can but it's almost never burst damage), so, if the kill is based on the damage dealt, they will get NO kill at all, and lesser rewards. It's already the case, but a change in the "kill" mechanics would be even worse. At least, now, clerics can do some dots to get a kill, sometimes.

But i agree on tower rush and tower defender rewards, it should definitely be awarded with assists, provided the assist has been done on a flag. Now, devs, good luck coding that. I'm not an expert but i'm sure it's a lot of work. :p