test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for people to run/review my first foundry attempt

princey1980princey1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
Just published my first attempt at a foundry mission, and I'm looking for people to run and review it. Leave your mission information, and I will return the favor as time allows.

Death to Orcs - Prologue of the Purple Dragon Chronicles
NW-DH4IRQI8U
Combat heavy mission
solo - challenging
duo - average
group - easy
takes about 20 minutes to complete, be sure to bring potions

Post edited by princey1980 on

Comments

• lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'll give it a look, adding it to list.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Very cool technique with shooting the fireball at the door to open it.
  • princey1980princey1980 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks. I did a door for each innate skill to give it a little more than just a straight hack n' slash :)
  • aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    I'll trade you a review. :) My quest is in my signature.

EDIT: I played and reviewed it.

Good combat exp run.

My suggestion would be to improve the teleport system. Maybe I missed something but there was a bit of redundant running back.

Also I would recommend maybe adding more costumes and visual variety to enemies.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • adylhereadylhere Member Posts: 46
    edited August 2013
    Nice hack & slash. I like how the encounters are placed which makes it soloable with the right approach. The boss fight doesn’t seem right because the minions are elites and he’s easy, so if you get him you get the objective and it takes from the epicness.

You can check mine in signature.
    edited August 2013
    aaldaemon wrote: »
    I'll trade you a review. :) My quest is in my signature.

EDIT: I played and reviewed it.

Good combat exp run.

My suggestion would be to improve the teleport system. Maybe I missed something but there was a bit of redundant running back.

Also I would recommend maybe adding more costumes and visual variety to enemies.

I was thinking about making the runback shorter, moving the npc, making the wagon the transition, etc. It's a shame that I spent the last two days straightening out that pos fence on the sides, what a nightmare. I do plan on continuing to polish, but if I waited until I was done polishing, it would never be published :)

Played and reviewed yours. Enjoyable combat run, sufficiently challenging. I enjoyed the different companions. Only had a few issues with mobs getting stuck in the geometry (they liked to get stuck between the wall and braziers after being knocked back).
    edited August 2013
    adylhere wrote: »
    Nice hack & slash. I like how the encounters are placed which makes it soloable with the right approach. The boss fight doesn’t seem right because the minions are elites and he’s easy, so if you get him you get the objective and it takes from the epicness.

What's a good caster type "boss"? I was disappointed with the current one, but I'm still fairly new to the game, so I'm not entirely familiar with the mobs.
    edited August 2013
    Updated my mission, incorporating suggestions I have received. I've shortened the run back considerably. I added custom costumes for all of the orcs to give it a more unique feel. I also increased the difficulty of the boss fight considerably, reworking the mechanics of the fight from the ground up. The difficulty no longer comes from the ogres. It's all Torgin.

Edit: Difficulty settings coming soon
  • lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I had fun, felt pretty straight forward though I could see certain encounters being to hard for certain people, other than that it was a fun run. Work on the details/enviroments, then maybe add a slider for those who want it to be harder, or easier. Good work :3
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
    edited August 2013
    adylhere wrote: »

Played and reviewed. So did my wife.
  • crowgate1crowgate1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll swap reviews with you, as I am also a first time Foundry publisher...

Thunderhorn NW-DGVPL17X5
    solo, moderate to difficult combat, everything works

cheers
    NW-DGVPL17X5 THUNDERHORN - willing to trade reviews, thanks!
  • gapaldurgapaldur Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2013
    Hi i am looking to trade reviews.
    Quest: Valley of the dead
    Code: NW-DCRYA3XVJ
    #Story #Combat
    For more info please read description.

This is my first (Foundry) as well.
    I will log on an check yours out.
    edited August 2013
    Well done for your first dungeon. Little challenging for solo but still fun. Maybe a little over done with the final boss but that's just opinion.

All in all great quick quest nice hack & slash..
    edited August 2013
    I'm in the middle of tweaking the difficult settings at the moment, so I'll be getting to some reviews of my own here as soon as that's done. As it is right now, it's designed as a duo, but I am putting in an easier, and a harder, setting. I've got the first map done. Kind of concerned that the boss fight mechanics might take some work to get it to work with the settings. Back to work! :)

Edit: difficulty settings are in
    edited August 2013
    crowgate1 wrote: »
    I'll swap reviews with you, as I am also a first time Foundry publisher...

Thunderhorn NW-DGVPL17X5
    solo, moderate to difficult combat, everything works

cheers

I tried to play through yours, but I was lagging so bad it was like a slideshow. I doubt that has anything to do with your encounters and more to do with my connection at the moment. From what I did, it is an enjoyable, challenging hack n' slash with only a few minor issues. The first part of the cave is very dark, and it's difficult to see where you're going sometimes. Other than that, it's fun, and I will play through it again later once my connection is stabilized so that I can give it a rating in game.

edit: played and reviewed
    edited August 2013
    gapaldur wrote: »
    Hi i am looking to trade reviews.
    Quest: Valley of the dead
    Code: NW-DCRYA3XVJ
    #Story #Combat
    For more info please read description.

This is my first (Foundry) as well.
    I will log on an check yours out.

Ran and reviewed. Fun, challenging hack n' slash. Needs some polish in places (the sky is clear and it's storming in the canyon). Also, the end boss fight difficulty isn't in line with everything else. That many pulling mobs can strip your health pretty quickly. That gave me trouble in a duo at lvl 30, it would be a nightmare alone.

Look into difficulty options, it'll help that.
  • vephidvephid Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2013
    I played your foundry, challenging as i like!

Hard difficulty was chosen and as a CW i could solo it, lots of funny fights and the maps were good. I'd suggest to put more props and details on both, just imagine how stunning the mountain map could be fully detailed!

You can try mine if you want NW-DTNQ57N4B

PS: Dont touch the final boss room, that was great!
    Check out my campaign "A time of need" NWS-DK9TIAT7J! I'm still seeking and trading reviews, feel free to send me a message with your foundry code and I will play them as soon as possible.
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the reviews. I have added a difficulty slider for the dungeon now. It was in the works. I did lower the end boss a little. But i was able to solo the old boss with TR/GF/GWF/CW. Mid 30's with no more than 3-4 potions. I was also in poor gear from foundry. So i am kinda confused how it was so challenging? If you stood in place while doing damage it would be rough for sure. Curious if you replying to the hidden room?
    I'll say I have done no testing with a cleric on this yet. Main thing is though thanks for the review. I have done some fine tuning an hope its a little smother for everyone.
    edited August 2013
    I'm thinking about adding on to this module, putting another level after the Torgin fight to add some story element and to set the stage for the campaign that it is a prelude for. I'm feeling 17 minutes is a little on the short end and I'd like to beef it up. Stay tuned.

Also, I've been doing a vast amount of detail work on it today, and it's looking a lot more lively and natural.