test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue system needs so much work...

joncansjoncans Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This weekends craptacular CTA event (seriously 5 orc skinned weapons, 1 million dyes, and 1 billion savage enchants) and a whole lotta waste of time. What I also learned during this crappy event is that it sucks to be a DPS class in this game. It took me ohh around 30 minutes to get in a skirm with my 60 GWF, and guess what? I insta joined every single time of my GF. Every time. Over and over and over.

Thanks for wasting my weekend, please fixed your broken game. Endgame still blows for a guildless 60. PVP is awful, if you are not a GF good luck pugging as a DPS even during DD, and if you manage to get a group, it's typically a fresh batch of noobs who don't know <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the dungeon.

I can't even make my AD on my daily dungeons because Dread Vault is SOOO awful, I refuse to q up for it, because the party wipes 100%

Please, NO more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> events to mask the bigger flaws. Oh and thanks for making enchants of all kind drop so much during this event as well. You ruined the economy for any value of anything less than a rank 7. All my time gem farming went to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this weekend because this event decided to explode gem drops like candy from every trash mob in the skirm.
BladeRunner-Proud member of the BlackCloaks.
Post edited by joncans on

Comments

• rolo4rolo4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    joncans wrote: »
    What I also learned during this crappy event is that it sucks to be a DPS class in this game. It took me ohh around 30 minutes to get in a skirm with my 60 GWF, and guess what? I insta joined every single time of my GF. Every time. Over and over and over.
    That happens in every trinity-based MMO; DPS are a dime/dozen, tanks and healers are not.
    Thanks for wasting my weekend, please fixed your broken game. Endgame still blows for a guildless 60. PVP is awful, if you are not a GF good luck pugging as a DPS even during DD, and if you manage to get a group, it's typically a fresh batch of noobs who don't know <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the dungeon.
    This screams that you don't play well with others; perhaps an MMO isn't the best fit for you.
    All my time gem farming went to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this weekend because this event decided to explode gem drops like candy from every trash mob in the skirm.
    You're complaining about getting more loot? /facepalm
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The problem isnt with the queue's

Play a GF, you get instantly. Obviously something is functional there. The problem is with population, not enough GFs to keep the queues popping fast enough to support the other classes.

And easy fix would be to reclassify GWFs as a tank for filling queue slots. This would drop the number of DPS classes looking for a slot and boost the number of tanks in the queue. Hopefully to a more balanced level.
  • bolcien1bolcien1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    what I find interesting is that when I finally get in I have a lvl 37 cleric playing heals... or in the last case lvl 33. in a buch of lvl 60s.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bolcien1 wrote: »
    what I find interesting is that when I finally get in I have a lvl 37 cleric playing heals... or in the last case lvl 33. in a buch of lvl 60s.

Yea, not sure how that can be fixed without some kind of hard tiered level system. For most classes this really isnt a problem, the scaling seems to work well, its really the skills or lack of them that is a problem.

For CW or TR they have access to most of their staple skills fairly early on. So, for the most part, under 20, still good to go. Tanks seem to be hit or miss no matter what level they are. Either they know how to play or they don't....But Clerics, they are really only as good at the tools they have access to. Under 30, and you know the only heals they have are Healing word and sunburst. That's not a lot to work with, even if the player is skilled, and something all the scaling in the world wont fix.

You really cant blame the player for that however, they are just trying to enjoy something they are allowed to do. Only thing to do is, step it up, know its going to be a bumpy ride and keep the potions handy.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There is a huge bug with a party entering, the rest is down to there being 2 million TRs for every DC or GF (at least it seems that way)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My only question is why am I always the party leader when the skirmish starts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]