test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crypitc Read This, Do not Touch the GWF Slam

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
The new patch is planning on reducing Slam Damage by 60%, and instead giving it an Aoe Interrupt on activation and a 15% party buff damage mitigation.

While I am for giving the GWF party buffs and more AOE utility interrupt. Why mess with Slam?. Slam is one of the few popular Dailys for GWF PvE. You have never hear of anyone say Nerf Slam or slam is too powerful or GWF damage in PvE is too high. So why mess with slam. Messing with a good thing will only hurt you player base.

Slam is a purely PvE skill and while yes players argue GWF needs a Nerf. That nerf is Always in the area of PvP and never in the direction of Slam.

Other patch notes include a reduction in Deflection to the GWF passive Bravery. Now this will make the GWF easier to kill in PvP.

What I suggest from Slam though is dont think about changing Slam think about changing Daring Shout. Daring Shout currently gives the GWF a defense boost and a Determination boost based on enemies marked by this power.
So why not Alter this power to suit the idea of a GWF party Defense boost. You can remove or reduce the determination it gives the GWF, and even kill the mark power since nobody likes the GWF mark anyways. And make this power the party defense boost. Then this power will see new light in dungeons and you will not upset alot of the players who like Slam just the way it is.

And on the PvP side. GWF are still going to get nerfed in toughness form Bravery and Slam or Daring shout are not PvP moves so this is also a safe play.

GWF in PvE is a struggling Class in PvE. If all Players see the GWF as being "nerfed" you could forever Kill the GWF, players will leave the game or simply delete there GWF characters to roll a GF or TR.

So I ask players. Do GWF need a PVE damage nerf by hurting Slam? Or is it more important to give the GWF a PvE Utility buff, by improving Daring Shout?
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    OMG, I hope cryptic DOESN'T read this.

Please dont touch Daring Shout, including the Marks.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    GWF need far better marks than what Daring shout gives. But Yeah Cryptic should not touch GWF Slam. Work on areas where the GWF is lacking. Dont touch the few moves that GWF players like. You will only kill the GWF players. The new change in the Patchnotes on Slam has a chance of making even me quit GWF and Neverwinter entirely.
  • teiserteiser Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    OMG, I hope cryptic DOESN'T read this.

Please dont touch Daring Shout, including the Marks.
    +1/

Dont touch the best dps boost and determination. If you don't want slam to be nerfed say only that, don't need to touch other powers lol.
  • devilwings1337devilwings1337 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes touch Daring shout. In fact buff the **** out of that useless skill. Daring shout is a tank skill, that makes no threat and only buffs the GWF who uses it in defense and unstoppable. Two defense moves that mean nothing without the threat to back it up. And yet Cryptic wants to reduce Slam threat by 60%?

Shame on them for even thinking that
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I only mentioned that Daringshout could use a reduction in the areas of marking and determination, because I'm not a shrew that only says buff, buff, buff, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf. Daring shout could use a complete rework in my books, and the GWF does need some group buffs but NOT at the cost of Slam. Never at the cost of slam.

Even before this I was prompting that Daring SHout should grant a party Defense buff and not just for the GWF. Why should the GWf have two separate Defense buffing powers in the first place? If the devs want the GWF to have a party defense buff it's just simply easier to rework the defense buff power than to COMPLETELY change a power everyone loves in order to fulfill that role.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why on Earth are they making this change to Slam?

If anything. this will weaken the GWF in PvE (where usually DPS > weakened enemies) while strengthening the GWF in PvP (since we are fighting on points in team-battles, the damage reduction is actually really useful.

Also why do changes that affect ALL GWFs when tall they need to do is decrease SENTINEL's survivability (and perhaps give them a DPS boost to compensate).

It just makes no sense whatsoever.....
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic, please, are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? ARE YOU MOTHER****ING ****ING <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? YOU'RE ****ING <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> AREN'T YOU? I have no hope for this game if you do this, seriously. There goes my nice DPS in epics. WTF am I worth now? 60%?!!!! WTF sense does that even make? No one's ever complained about slam, it barely does any damage to begin with, now I'll go from 912 damage or so per hit to around 350? WHAT THE LIVING **** IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!!!
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Oh yeah, and how about that ****ING UNSTOPPABLE BUG WE'VE BEEN ANNOYED WITH FOR MONTHS?
  • farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    If this slam nerf happens, or if any PVE nerf hits the GWF at all, I'm done with the game. The class needs a buff for PvE. And one so significant all players will take a moment to re-evaluate their view of the GWF.

Been playing since open Beta and getting a group as a GWF is becoming as hard as it was before the Unstoppable buff. when GWF had no damage and where squishy. The accustomed and valuable rolls of, DC, CW, and TR, out shine the GWF again as the GWF still has not got anything they can call there own, and that players want in there groups.

So GWF get no groups, I am actually told by players I ask to join there parties to stop wasting my time in PvE and go PvP.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I can see why everyone is getting worked up about slam, as it is the most widely used daily, but honestly I am much more angry about deflection nerfs. Sent cannot tank without deflection, GF's get more AC, more def/defl/regen stats on gear, and the ability to block, the only way we compete with this is very high deflect. Stop nerfing an already weak class!
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • maxillion2maxillion2 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    I can see why everyone is getting worked up about slam, as it is the most widely used daily, but honestly I am much more angry about deflection nerfs. Sent cannot tank without deflection, GF's get more AC, more def/defl/regen stats on gear, and the ability to block, the only way we compete with this is very high deflect. Stop nerfing an already weak class!

You can still get a 38%to40% Deflection chance so its not all bad still higher then any other class and we you have regen/life steal
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know what the saddest thing is about the thread so Far. How few GWFS have even voted on the threats. 36 to date. IF I made a thread like this 3 months ago we would of had 100+ Votes already. GWFS are dying out. Because of how cryptic abuses them. And still nerfs and no Much needed PvE buffs.

Sad pitiful Devs never listened to there players and they are losing them like crazy... I wonder if the GFs are doing as badly.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I think they're tweaking the wrong thing although I can see the usefulness of Slam being a massive AoE interrupt. I'm not sure of the damage mitigation though, most of the mobs hit by slam weren't hitting many members of my party anyway. But maybe it helps with survival when the mobs catch up with me.

I tried Daring Shout and never touched it again, for me it's all about Roar and Come and Get it. If they don't go where I want them, I just make them ;)

I would rather see Roar be a more forceful push, CaGI a wider area and WMS's deduff apply for the whole party.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    Deleted my post, LOL, it will cause more trouble to already troubled class.
  • samuraim0samuraim0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 87
    edited August 2013
    The went full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Slam was like the most decent AoE PvE skill for GWF out there.
    It really proofs to me that cryptic just doesn't care about what the community thinks.

All the care is about making as much money as possible before the game dies.
    Probably another half year and Neverwinter will be dead.

There is no challenge and cryptic screws up classes.
  • digesthisicknessdigesthisickness Member Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    As long as it costs zen to respec or even AD to do so, they should at least give reasons when they do something like this.
  • kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    WTH does a GWF have to do with utility? Did anyone make one thinking "hey I want a GWF because I buff/debuff my party?"

NO, we wanted to be big sword damage dealing off-tanks. If utility is what you had in mind Cryptic you shoulda named this class Warlord and have it heal (a core 4e DnD class). Did any dev even play 4e DnD?
  • wireman001wireman001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have to agree with my fellow GWF's. GWF's are already marginally useful in PvE as it is. I chose the GWF because and I quote from the wiki:

"The Great Weapon Fighter is an unstoppable force of damage and steel, skilled in using the weight of a greatsword to dispatch those that stand in the way. The epitome of strength, the Great Weapon Fighter is also resilient enough to defend allies in need."

I want damage not utility. I will most likely run a couple of dungeons with my GWF to see how bad it sucks, then play my DC until a ship leaves for Tamriel and go there to spend my money($).