test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call to arms queue is messed up

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am not talking about the extremely long wait time, they said they hot fixed it but still is taking a long time.

I am talking about the levels, why am i grouped with level 12, 25, 30 and 8 when i am level 60?

With those levels the adds take a long time to die, and even then people are trying to avoid the fights to get the chests before the skirmish ends
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• houndie70houndie70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I want to know why a full group has to sit in the queue for over an hour??!?!?!

WTF
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yep and you get lowbie lvl 10ish drops and rank 1 enchantments all the time, when you're with these people. Very useful. :)
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I did alright yesterday after the hot-fix. The queue times were very quick, including one that was pratically instant. The grouping was pretty decent as well, I definitely got a couple of full level 60 group from about 4 or 5 attempts.

Today it seems to be back to being slow again.
  • t0skeyt0skey Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I mean i did not pay $200, yet i pay at least 10 euro a month.
    How many are able and will pay 10 euro a month and how many will pay once $200.
    Devs.
    You need to focus on long term perspectives and gives us faster queues.
    If i work 9 hours and want to play 2 hours before bed. make it possible and worthwhile.
    Thanks
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    There's a bit more to it than just speeding them up. Merging the servers may help with this, but I feel a bigger issue is that there are simply too many dungeons available to queue for at 60. I feel they should add info about the average wait times for each dungeon, as well as the number of each class waiting in said queue.

It would also be nice to know just what kind of team makeup the queue tries to create - does it just need a GF, DC, + 3 others, or does it use a more complicated process?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • coolegg88coolegg88 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Do away with queues. Don't reduce them, do away with them. It is not like they are a requirement for MMORPGs.
    edited August 2013
    coolegg88 wrote: »
    Do away with queues. Don't reduce them, do away with them. It is not like they are a requirement for MMORPGs.

They may not be a requirement, but there's no denying that they add a certain amount of convenience for people that maybe don't want to spend a lot of time broadcasting in zone just to be able to play a dungeon.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    coolegg88 wrote: »

I can just imagine the chat spam in the Enclave if that happens.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Not just the Enclave, but in all zones. The LFG spam would take over, just like the item sellers have in the Enclave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, what do you expect, there will always be problems when new stuff come out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Well, at least you don't need to need/greed/pass with everyone else. I do think they should up the minimum level to 10 or so, so everyone participating at least has their class abilities.

Queuing by yourself is more of a convenience thing. It could just be the "newness" of the event, but I've had pretty good luck recruiting 60's for CTA runs.
  • thorak257thorak257 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    For some reason, today the wait time for my GF is 0, yup 0, instantaneous, whereas, it takes over 30 minutes on my GWF. It's messed up.
  • mrsmonmrsmon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    im glad i mained GF then :) like thorak my queues are non existent and i get in automatically basically. maybe itll be better, once you have your transmutable item, run a GF through the tutorial and then get to lvl 5 to do the skirms and just mail yourself the items?

GF master race
    edited August 2013
    I bet the issue is that GF queuing for CTA are in shortage and the queue algorithm is dumb and requires a GF. So GF get in right away. Orc CTA is so easy it doesn't require a GF. Maybe remove the GF requirement?
    edited August 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    I bet the issue is that GF queuing for CTA are in shortage and the queue algorithm is dumb and requires a GF. So GF get in right away. Orc CTA is so easy it doesn't require a GF. Maybe remove the GF requirement?

The entire queue system really needs an overhaul. I'd also like to see GWFs get some more tools so that they can act as tanks as well, (like maybe adding taunts/marking of enemies to more of their powers).
    edited August 2013
    Do queues require a GF to be in the party? If so, that may be the reason why queues take so long. Queuing with my GF is almost immediate, whereas, queuing on my GWF is a nightmare. There is 1 tank for every 3 dps class.

I suspect DC don't have to queue for very long either? Can anyone confirm?
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    They wont merge the servers yet. Its a big poster sign saying that they dont have enough players on the servers they have now. If this mod 1 expansion works out in a good way they wont merge the servers. If it fails like everything else released so far they will merge the servers after the influx of people leave again and more people leave with them.

I hope the serge stays but nothing released from this company has ever worked correctly.
  • pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My TR has looong waits in the queue while my GF gets in in seconds. Have yet try my DC.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I managed 6 skirmishes during the daily skirmish event with my Cleric. Both my GF and DC are instantly Q'd.....all others are still waiting!!! :mad:
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    My GF is Instant, solo. I will join with a party and see.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • deathkill43deathkill43 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yes they are takes too long to pop.
    edited August 2013
    Well i queued up with my alt GF and it is taking even longer than my rogue

Maybe its the beholder server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Well i queued up with my alt GF and it is taking even longer than my rogue

Maybe its the beholder server

I play a GF on the Beholder server, and the queues have been instant for me for the last 2 days.

When in a full group, the wait hasn't been longer then a couple of minutes.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    GFs can get it instantly and DCs get an offer within 1 min at most. Premade groups have to wait a bit longer but it's still ok. CWs, GWFs and rogues have the longest queue time, but people only have to blame themselves for their class choices. :p
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Seems much better today for me, 3 pings in 40-60mins so not too bad..

Still no wolf though..:(
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    thorak257 wrote: »
    Do queues require a GF to be in the party? If so, that may be the reason why queues take so long. Queuing with my GF is almost immediate, whereas, queuing on my GWF is a nightmare. There is 1 tank for every 3 dps class.

I suspect DC don't have to queue for very long either? Can anyone confirm?

I can only speak in general since I've been grouping my DC with guildmates for the CTA event, but the queue times are variable for my DC whether in dungeons or skirmishes. Sometimes it only takes a minute. Other times it takes over 20 min (at which point I quit counting because by then I've gathered up a party in zonechat). I'm on the Mindflayer shard, which I've heard is less populated than the others but I don't know if that's true.

For something that might help queues go faster and be more intuitive, it might help to have each skirmish/dungeon/etc. show a summary of who's waiting in queue for it -- total number of players and then break that down by number of characters of each class. It would also be nice to have, somewhere in the game's help files, a short explanation of how the system assembles a party from the queue so that between it and the breakdown of players in queue, we'll be able to tell what our chances are of getting into a party.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited August 2013
    Maybe the reason why my GWF is taking long cause he is still a low level like 16
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]