Comments

• pfft2pfft2 Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ragulol wrote: »
    ROFL XD \10chrs

Ha, yeah, epically bad karma there, eh?
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the fae-wild patch is actually going to be fixing a few powers that multiply ap*foes damaged in aoe blast in clerics as well as CW so if its a bug it might be getting fixed soon. either way I wouldn't build based on this power at least until fae-wild hits and its clear what is getting changed.
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I still dont get the calculation of AP gains from spells. I thought that the more dmg you do, the more AP you gain, but I think I was wrong since bouth my strongest spells /chill strike and steal time/ recovers so little AP even thow I have around 2.5-3k regen. But all in all, I know that damaging multiple targets doesnt have to make you gian more AP no matter the feats you have.

Thaum paragon provides significant amount of dmg and debuffs which helps alot in bouth PVP and PVE. I use this tree since I began and I will never change it cause it fits my play style the most. Hitting with an arcane encounter provides 10% mitigation and CoI 15% more, that means 25% mitigation from just 2 spells. After that arcane dmg feats and cold-based feats that give you bonus dmg with and without stacking chill. At the end you will get a pretty good burst dmg output which with high recovery leads to short cooldowns.

For PVE I use Ice Knife + AS dailys, Steal Time on MS, EF, chill strike and shield for encounters. Sometimes switching CoI instead chill strike for even more mitigation. Steal Time on MS gives combat advantage, stuns the enemies depending on the time channeled and gives a significant boost of movement speed. This is one of the greatest spells a CW have for dungeons like it or not. Chill Strike specced for complete AOE burst dmg did over 20k crits on every target around the main one per hit - pretty OP inside dungeons for overall DPS. Combine the AOE dmg and spells with High Vizier set bonus and in the end you will end up amaised with the burst it provides.
    For PVP I mainly use 50/50 arcane and cold spells. Ice Knife and Oppresive Force as dailys /dont ask why Oppresive Force, its fro my own testing that it works way better in PVP than AS/. Chill Strike in MS,EF, RoE and CoI as encounters. Still I dont clearly understand a few things about encounters and what is stated as an AOE and a control spell. Its one big mistery for me.

Renegade classes provide good debuff skill from Chaos Magic that combined with a couple of tunings with sets can lead to a very helpful contro-based support CW that provides with teammates with tons of buffs and debuffs your enemies significantly. It can be done and I think it will be really interesting to see it going. There are over 12 different builds for CW that I know but had no chance to play. Possiblyy some of them are useless but they are still there.

I dont like sharing my builds with the mass cause I want people to start using their own heads and think out of the box. its easy to copy someones build and start pwning around thinking they are the best in the game. Its harder for you to actually find it out and play it on your own. I played bouth closed beta weekends and studied CWs during this time and for the 2 months I played, nothing changed since then. CWs are actually the only class that havent been eighter buffed or nerfed, only fixed and minor tweaked. I know what you are gonna say, "RoE got nerfed to the grownd", I am gonna tell you how wrong you are with this statement. Running around PVP areas and seing every single CW using RoE on MS was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> since I used shield on MS cause of the extra survivability. What the actually did was taking away 5-10% of the mitigation it provided on MS and removed the stacking option which was actually fixing it cause debuffs are not supposed to stack but refresh. The difference between the MS RoE and normal slot RoE is around 10-15% /if normal RoE have 15% mitigation, MS RoE have around 25% on the second cast/ which leads to higher CD on RoE.

Pretty much this is what I wanted to say. Enjoy.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Suicide runs aside, Steal Time on Tab is arguably more annoying than randomly pushing mobs around. But it is hilarious to use when GFs use their buffs, or when GWFs sprint while their vigilant bonus procs, and see them both if not the whole party fly off the ledge.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    So true :D I managed to suicide alot of people with that and that why I tell them before we start "If you suddenly get a burst of speed, dont run around like crazy." but the benefits from the spell actually what matters not the stupidity of some people. I havent seen alot of CWs use it in dungeons and I think its a loss.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    nightfer01 wrote: »
    So true :D I managed to suicide alot of people with that and that why I tell them before we start "If you suddenly get a burst of speed, dont run around like crazy." but the benefits from the spell actually what matters not the stupidity of some people. I havent seen alot of CWs use it in dungeons and I think its a loss.

The duration of the Combat Advantage buff along with the long CD of Steal Team, makes it extremely sub-par in comparison to anything else.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    Suicide runs aside, Steal Time on Tab is arguably more annoying than randomly pushing mobs around. But it is hilarious to use when GFs use their buffs, or when GWFs sprint while their vigilant bonus procs, and see them both if not the whole party fly off the ledge.

Sometimes, i have to use it. I consider it as a very powerful spell since it forces people to play smart - using combat advantage. Useless with a good team, but awesome with under average players.