test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

apprentice alchemist to alchemist

drakenprimedrakenprime Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I seem to be missing the task that allows improving an apprentice alchemist to alchemist...
Anybody else missing this?
Post edited by drakenprime on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Uh...what do you mean...assistant alchemist is a white resource - no way you can upgrade that to a green one

The assistant alchemists are level 3 workers - basically they can do the same tasks as Grandmaster alchemists, but without the speed bonuses. If you don't want to spend the AD on the more expensive assets, the assistant alchemists are the best you can get...and all you really need.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • drakenprimedrakenprime Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The alchemist ranks.
    Apothecary-mixologist-assistant alchemist - alchemist - master alchemist - grandmaster alchemist.

I do not have the task to go from assistant alchemist to alchemist.

All the rest of them show up.

I hope that is clear.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I do not have the task to go from assistant alchemist to alchemist.

That task does not exist. No, that is not a bug or an oversight.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • drakenprimedrakenprime Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks elessym...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The alchemist ranks.
    Apothecary-mixologist-assistant alchemist - alchemist - master alchemist - grandmaster alchemist.

I hope that is clear.

You got it wrong. The ranks go:

Apothecary -> mixologist -> assistant alchemist

Alchemist -> master alchemist -> grandmaster alchemist.

This is exactly like any other profession - you cannot convert a white tool or asset to a green one. If you do not buy the green/blue/purtple tools, you need to create assistant alchemists to do the higher-level tasks that require a rank 3 worker.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • jandersullessjandersulless Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This seems like a device to squeeze a few more zen out of players.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    You can up many chars to ~30 lvl and get special profession packs from quest in graveyard...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This seems like a device to squeeze a few more zen out of players.

Not really, every task can be done with a white assistant alchemist.

Paying for a Green/Blue/Purple one is a matter of convenience as you don't have to spend time upgrading to a tier 3 white one, and your jobs complete faster.