test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry should have a link option

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
What i mean is like they do with the cluster objects.
highlight the objects you want to link together and you will be able to move the whole lot of linked objects at once and you can still individually select the objects in the link as well so you can edit them but they will still remained link

It does get annoying if i have a whole clutter of roof and floor tiles and I'm trying to select the right one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    What i mean is like they do with the cluster objects.
    highlight the objects you want to link together and you will be able to move the whole lot of linked objects at once and you can still individually select the objects in the link as well so you can edit them but they will still remained link

It does get annoying if i have a whole clutter of roof and floor tiles and I'm trying to select the right one

You do know you can drag-select a rectangle around groups and copy/paste/move/rotate them as a group, right?
    But - it would be nice to "assign" them to a "cluster" and also to be able to individually shift-click-select objects.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah i know you can copy n paste as a group but they are still individual objects

that is basically what i meant assign them as clusters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i get what he is asking for and i have been complaining about it too in foundry chat. yeah you can select a group of objects in 2d and copy past move rotate. but thats it. if you do copy paste it will set the pasted copies to some random (average that makes no sense) y co-ord. for the ruined temple my catacombs walls had 12 objects per wall not counting the frame work (just the body shelves).
    IK had to paste those 12 items as a group 45 times then manually copy paste the y co-ord for each object from the original to get them back up to the same level. that took most of the day. then i spent a whole week moving each object in 3d to align them with the pre-existing frame work.
    It would have been a million time easier to be able to group the objects into one cluster so i could move them in 3d view as a unit instead of one at a time which made me want to claw my skin off. lol. this is partly the reason i cant build any more. i look at the blank map know what i want to do then think back to how long it took me last time and just cant be bothered. (that and no terrain editor means i try to start look at the existing maps which i hate, none fit what i want and then quit again) /end QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yeah i think the foundry needs so updates soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    agentjasporagentjaspor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Yeah i think the foundry needs so updates soon

The Foundry is getting a pretty major update with the Fury of the Feywild module/expansion thingy.