test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

L60 PvP Reward Loot Sucks

theyear2000theyear2000 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Blue loot was great on the way up for winning PvP.

But at level 60, it is useless.

No one wants it.

Revamp the reward system for PvP please.
Post edited by theyear2000 on

Comments

• cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Agreed.

Especially if they make it BoP, give us something substantial we can gain by playing more PvP.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Blue belts are BIS
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Oh is that where a lot of those belts come from? 1st place PvP reward?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Oh is that where a lot of those belts come from? 1st place PvP reward?

Also a (very)rare chest drop.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Honestly, I wish they would do away with those PvP rewards for only the top couple of players. It promotes individual play at the cost of team play.

People (particularly Rogues) hold back their heavy hitters until someone is low on health for the sole purpose of getting the kill rather than the assist and finishing top on the leaderboard. Rogues always throw daggers at whomever is low on health if they can't get there just to get the kill rather than picking the target that is best for the team and dps'ing him down.

So yeah, the current statistics mean Rogues win the majority of top scores and Clerics almost never win, and that's not balanced in the least. Personally, I'm best with team rewards that incentivize players to help the team. So, capping points is good, and sure, damage done is good as well, but there should also be damage taken and damage healed with equal weight to damage done. So tanks and healers could get rewarded for their contributions to the TEAM ... not just strikers.

Giving better rewards for finishing higher on the scoreboard will only unbalance the reward system even more. Personally, I don't think anyone should get credit for a kill unless they do 40% of the damage. Anything less is really just an assist IMHO.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've frequently finished first in points and last in kills. Well maybe not last but definitely not first as a GF with no greater enchantments. There are more ways to score points than just getting kills.

I've also finished first in points numerous times on my DC. And no not just from ignoring my team and running back and forth to capture points. It's a team effort!

Having said that I wouldn't have a problem with the top 3 people getting a blue item
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You know the best belt in the game is found via PvP right?
  • ifthirifthir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 281 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    you can get like 2k arpen with 3 blue pvp reward pieces :p
  • nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have won many many PvP Matches during the PvP Arena Event and never have I won any useful gear. I have done outstanding in PvP arena and I agree the rewards needs to be better. Like if you win so many PvP matches you can get a mount. Not that I'm complaining because I love PvP in this game and the best reward is a fun PvP match.
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    best belts comes from pvp, again you need to see the best belts as very rare drops in pvp so you need to win quite plenty of times in order to get the belt you would like, i am fine with the current system, however if the equips are going to be BoP (the reward one not the one from glory) then we would need to have better gear there :P
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...