What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Enchantments (Feywild)

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What is your opinion on how the new enchantments compare to the existing ones for the different classes?

For example, my main is a DC - now, the unwritten rule for DCs has been to get Soulforged and Vorpal - do you think any of the new enchantments compare favourably to those?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    eOhnuR2l.jpg

Wish they'd clean up the text on over half of the items in this game. They're so cryptic, pun not intended.

Does "Targets may not be marked more than once every 20 seconds" mean that you can mark one target every 20 seconds or every target you hit can only be marked once every 20 seconds?

If it's the former, then it's a sucky enchantment. If it's the latter, then it's actually not a bad enchantment.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Perfect versions of the enchants:

hCu4EVUl.jpg

WNhE6nml.jpg

qbYEMIGl.jpg

SoX6augl.jpg

That Barkskin enchantment cracks me up. TRs with Greater/Perfect Vorpals can crit with LB for 25k-35k damage. That 2k-3k absorption might not help so much.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That Barkskin enchantment cracks me up. TRs with Greater/Perfect Vorpals can crit with LB for 25k-35k damage. That 2k-3k absorption might not help so much.

Barkskin doesn't seem that bad for PVE. It's pretty reliable, it seems.

At 3 charges, you negate up to 2,430 incoming damage on the first hit. The next hit will negate 1620 incoming damage. The next hit will negate 810 incoming damage. Three attacks in succession against you is reduced by a total 4860 damage. Every 8 seconds, you get to block more damage, instead of having to wait 60 seconds.

It seems pretty bad for PVP, though. If people see that you have Barkskin, then they're just going to hit you with 3 weak attacks before using strong abilities.
  • Options
    insomniacgluttoninsomniacglutton Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I wonder how these encounter enchantments are going to work with clerics ... I have a bad feeling that they're going to end up debuffing allies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    uncag3duncag3d Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013

bark skin is going to bis armor enchant no doubt, 25k-30k if your a reallly **** geared
    FearITsSelf #1 GF
    From #1 Guild Pve/Pvp [ Lemonade Stand ]
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    terror plus tene XD will be so much op lol.

now terror i think will be the BiS for those that currently use Plague fire, depends if you prefer the damager over time on the plague fire. still i do not see an enchantment better than soulforged for armor, elven probably is good if you are going to figth CW, TR, DC but since it seems that there is no reduction to prone they sure will be at disadvantage from GF and GWF
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    uncag3d wrote: »
    bark skin is going to bis armor enchant no doubt, 25k-30k if your a reallly **** geared

This is what I am thinking and this could be a way to counter tene... Tene = 7700 damage every 20 seconds, according to this, you can negate up to 4860 with 3 stacks (which will be easy to get in pvp)

Easily very very powerful... and much more use than a SF enchant that happens once every 60 seconds...

P. Terror vs GPF though is a tough one still...

I Would LOVE to see a SS of Perf Terror or even regular Terror on a weapon...

What color is it? is it just an aura like the GPF?
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    i ama starting to think the new build for my hybrid GF :)
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone got the Lesser Fey Blessing Enchantment to proc? And if so what does the Will o wisp look like? I can't tell if I'm getting regular drops off mobs or not, hard to tell without knowing what it looks like. I suspect I haven't seen it yet (only 2% chance) but wondering if anyone has.
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If anyone has 4x Shards of anything on the Preview I can get a Coalesent to see its appearance. I currently have x1 Terror shard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    twerkulatorrtwerkulatorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Working on getting higher ranks and other enchants to show appearance.

Normal Terror Shard on Guard:
    PunYZQFl.jpg

Normal Terror Shard on GWF:
    5VOnzWkl.jpg
    Twerkulatorr (Rogue) & Twerk (Guard)
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
    Peter Puffer's Foundation @ Mindflayer
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Working on getting higher ranks and other enchants to show appearance.

Normal Terror Shard on Guard:

Normal Terror Shard on GWF:

Is your sword dyed black, or is that part of the enchant?

Also, how do you get these enchants? I heard someone say its a daily solo dungeon you can run? Any threads/guides on the new content and where/how to get the enchants?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Looks like it makes the blade black and has a blue/purplish glow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spadgerspadger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    So what will happen to the tenebrous enchantments? I have build my character around HP and can't afford to buy that many yet, will tenebrous drop or just taken out of the market completely? This is unfair, if that's the case, I will quit this game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    spadger wrote: »
    So what will happen to the tenebrous enchantments? I have build my character around HP and can't afford to buy that many yet, will tenebrous drop or just taken out of the market completely? This is unfair, if that's the case, I will quit this game.

I hope tenebrous phase out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    I hope tenebrous phase out.

Where did this come from? I havnt seen an announcement about tene enchants, or is this just a hope?
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Wish that Feytouched enchant said how long its effect lasted. Elven Ferocity could be cool on GF if the proc rate is decent. Have you seen any of the non-augment pets at 30 to see the passive power they get now?
  • Options
    coolios1337coolios1337 Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2013
    The new Feywild Lockboxes will require the current enchanted keys to open aswell right?
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    These enchants will definitely " balance" pvp :D
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Boons have been completely revamped. Here are the new ones:

O227TfLl.jpg

GbDbmv9l.jpg

oYHezCtl.jpg

5NHGi1yl.jpg
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    CUaFdPBl.jpg

jtQdX0Tl.jpg

Ry8xWjYl.jpg

LWB8PnZl.jpg
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    OMOpN5tl.jpg

POsg8fMl.jpg

TCmYQ74l.jpg

ASalLCEl.jpg
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jkrnl4Kl.jpg
    Twitch.TV/Twerkulatorr
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Where did this come from? I havnt seen an announcement about tene enchants, or is this just a hope?

Nightmare Lockboxes have Tenebrous. Nightmare Lockboxes are gone when Fury of the Feywild goes live. Feywild Lockboxes(the new replacement boxes) do not have Tenebrous in them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    this seems to be less powerfull now :S, where more OP previously
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone tested these new enchants? Do they work? I heard the DC has problems with a few or something like that?
  • Options
    mustikkasmustikkas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Will it be possible to obtain the plague fire enchant when feywild goes live?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    mustikkas wrote: »
    Will it be possible to obtain the plague fire enchant when feywild goes live?

Yes, by opening existing nightmare boxes.

The Feywild lockbox will have new enchantments. According to the rewards page, those are the bronzewood enchantment, serene runestone and tranquil enchantment.
  • Options
    mustikkasmustikkas Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    Yes, by opening existing nightmare boxes.

The Feywild lockbox will have new enchantments. According to the rewards page, those are the bronzewood enchantment, serene runestone and tranquil enchantment.

It seems like terror enchant will gradually replace plaguefire then.