test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Respec question

bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
When we was given the 'free' respec after 'live' launch and the balance patch, on use it reset everything as in all feats were reset, all powers were reset and all the stat choices we had made after the initial character creation were reset back to our 'base' stat choices. Mine were originaly 18 int +2 from racial, 13 stregnth, 13 char if i remember rightly.

My question, i know to reset feats costs a set amount of AD and it says it resets Feats. that is clear what it does.
In the powers window you have to use a 'respec token' which is available from the Zen store.

What exactly does this 'respec token' actualy do, as with alot of things in this game it is not clear what is does.
Does this 'respec token' reset all of your powers and your point choices you made in the base stat frame after you had created the character, as in would it return mine back to my original choices of 18/13/13 as the 'free' respec token did ?

The reason for my question is my power choices are fine and so are my feat choices, if my powers were reset i would not have any problems re-selecting the previous ones i had. Due to all the changes that have been made in game to how things work and dont work what i wish to do is change 2 points in my base stats , as in my point alocations after the character was created.

My confusion as been further hampered after being told by a few people that the 'respec' token should reset everything. feats powers, stat choices, but this as lead to more confusion as on the Feat screen it clearly says it would cost me 151 AD to reset just my feats.
At current exchange rates the cost of a 'respec' token from the Zen store is 100 AD, so if the token resets everything, then how come it costs so much less than it does to just reset feats ?

At the moment i do not play this character, which is max lvl and with maxed out gear, due to the changes in game it does not perform as it did originaly and i just did not want to spend 100 AD to find out what i wanted did not work.

Another point in question, the character 'appearance' change token, also available in the Zen store clearly states using it you can change all the character features, appearance you made in the creation screen, but can not change race or class, and many many sites also say this. But as many have found out the hard way you can not change gender, this is not mentioned anywere at all. many say you can change 'everything, except race or class, that is clearly stated, and tbh quite obvious you should not be able too.
Post edited by bowdidly on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    What exactly does this 'respec token' actualy do, as with alot of things in this game it is not clear what is does.
    Does this 'respec token' reset all of your powers and your point choices you made in the base stat frame after you had created the character, as in would it return mine back to my original choices of 18/13/13 as the 'free' respec token did ?

Respec tokens work exactly the same whether bought from the zen store or a free one given out due to changes made by the devs.
    My confusion as been further hampered after being told by a few people that the 'respec' token should reset everything. feats powers, stat choices, but this as lead to more confusion as on the Feat screen it clearly says it would cost me 151 AD to reset just my feats.
    At current exchange rates the cost of a 'respec' token from the Zen store is 100 AD, so if the token resets everything, then how come it costs so much less than it does to just reset feats ?

Because respec tokens used to cost more in the Zen store. When they adjusted some of the prices around launch time, they probably didn't consider the fact that this would make respec tokens cheaper than a feat respec at level 60. Maybe in the future, they will look into the price of feat respecs.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Thanks, obviously the prices do need adjusting, but more importanly the tool tip for the token should be alot more clear as to what it acualy does do., same with the 'appearance' token.

maybe they should just remove completely the feat reset ability, as obviously it is pointless
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Thanks, obviously the prices do need adjusting, but more importanly the tool tip for the token should be alot more clear as to what it acualy does do., same with the 'appearance' token.

maybe they should just remove completely the feat reset ability, as obviously it is pointless
    Feat reset is far from pointless imho
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    Feat reset is far from pointless imho

Given that it is cheaper to convert your AD to zen and buy a respec token, yes, right now it is.
  • bowdidlybowdidly Member Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    A full respec which resets everything costs 300 Zen, which works out 50% cheaper than the cost to reset just Feats, so yes the feat reset is pointless.
    We should just have the 'reset' button on the powers screen, and remove the feat reset, for a start for a new player when you first look at your power, feat screen s it would appear at first that you have to pay for a token to reset you powers and also have to pay AD to reset your feats,

It is all very badly tooltiped and laid out, can be very confusing, i don't know who writes the tooltips in this game but i have never found one as yet that actually clearly says what a item or ability does, all are pretty vague with descriptions ( character appearance change token) and some should not even be in the game companion unbinding etc etc