test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kiting build

modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Temple
Anyone tried a Runspeed, Power, Crit pvp build for cleric yet,

Was thinkin of making a build based on using at wills, BotS, Astral Seal. And getting all the feats for em, and Channeling Devinity power, Feat for BotS that 5% lowerd dmg and crit chance, Astral Seal, Increased Healing and -5% dmg, 25% More healing for Channel when under 25% hp, don't know if we have enough feat points to get em all. But would be fun to try it out.

For Encounters i would probobly chose, Healing Word, Forgmasters Flame and Chains.
Healing word + Channel heal with high power and crit is the best burst heal in the game for ST.

Forgmaster Flame for the Snare if a TR or GWF closing in, pop this and with highly stacked runspeed should have no issues running away.

Chains, if a big group of players decide to zerg you, snare em and run run run.

Blue gear with runspeed and utillity slots with dark enchants, should easy get around the same runspeed as on normal horse.

Will probobly lvl up an Elf to try this out :)
Post edited by modimor on

Comments

• Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Power and crit work well. Haven't tried run speed, nor have I seen any fast clerics when I play in domination PvP. I go with healing word, sunburst, and chains. Chains is nice if you want to run as you can cast it in narrow areas to block travel or get those chasing you to fall behind. Sunburst is also nice if you want to run, it blows back and away and is by far the best defense against rogues and fighter types since once they hit you you are pretty much stuck and prone. Healing word also works well, especially if you have taken feats that you can fill up your divinity bar with every cast. Since I kite and port frequently and protect myself with chains of light and divine sunburst my movement is pretty good but increased run speed would still help a lot (all depends what you will be giving up for it, but its worth a try). You can try your forgemasters flame but I'd still max out sunburst and test to see which plays better for you. With sunburst I'm able to protect my team fairly well, and my team is usually quick to jump upon those that are frozen and blown back. I quite frequently end up running 3/4th of the way around the PvP domination field sometimes being chased by up to around 4 of the opponents at once (always is a bit funny to see 4 opponents give up going for spot 2 in order to chase after me to try and get a cleric kill, I can often take them for a long run and half of the time make it back to spot 2 almost dead while being able to heal back up and finish off the chasers with team support if my team is around when I land). Being chased by just one or two I'll cast chains of ahead of me, run past it, turn to see if they are caught or I'm being followed and if I can kill one off I do so. The problem with run speed on a cleric is I don't think it goes very high.
  • Options
    odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is an interesting thought. Thanks for the suggestions. My current DC concept was heal heal heal - which in some T2 got me killed quickly if I have a bad team or a lazy GF due to mobs. I need to play around with Chain and test it out and use those Dark enchantments.
  • Options
    modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Well, i think i can scrapp the idea, only foot wear and rings with decent enough stats come with movement stat, and the lack of utillity slots on other gear slots, makes this really hard to pull off, If run speed scales the same way as moast stats, you should be able to push to around 1800, with high lvl dark enchants, wich would grant you around 15% runspeed, probobly isn't worth it.
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Are we playing the same game? None of those things will help you. You will never be able to heal yourself effectively due to righteousness. Chains are our ONLY CC, and they only last a few seconds. The biggest problem is that it's all for naught anyway. Rogues can either teleport behind you or burn you down with ranged daggers. GF's can charge you. GWF's have Sprint and can slow you or pull you to them. As you can see, slowing your opponents isn't useful, and your slows have long casting animations to boot.

The problem Soothing Light is that you won't have enough Divine Power to use it very long. Divine Healing Word is probably a better investment of a bar of divine power.

You also, at least the tooltip makes the claim that, Break the Spirit has a stun when used in Divine Mode. I've never seen it work. If it does work, it doesn't last for more than a second or two at the most.

The purpose of the DC in PvP is to provide easy kills to people who play other classes so that they feel powerful and will want to continue playing and spending money on the game. Nothing you can do will get around that. The best shot at it I've seen is gearing up in HP, Regen, and Defense blues. That's right, don't use any of the epic DC gear. It's very weak in PvP.

I also find that slotting Break the Spirit, Prophecy of Doom, Forgemaster's Flame, and Brand of the Sun to put the most DoT effects on someone also to be useful. The key thing to get from wholyhandgrenade's post is this gem:

"...rogues and fighter types since once they hit you you are pretty much stuck and prone."

Yep, if someone gets on you, game over. Unless it's a CW. They can do it from a range. Every class in the game except us has massive CC built into their main powerful attacks. Prone, Stun, Daze, etc. Everyone except us, of course. To balance that, we have amazing healing and can heal ourselves through the CC and burst damage. Haha! Just kidding. We can't heal ourselves worth a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    The purpose of the DC in PvP is to provide easy kills to people who play other classes so that they feel powerful and will want to continue playing and spending money on the game. Nothing you can do will get around that. The best shot at it I've seen is gearing up in HP, Regen, and Defense blues. That's right, don't use any of the epic DC gear. It's very weak in PvP.

I also find that slotting Break the Spirit, Prophecy of Doom, Forgemaster's Flame, and Brand of the Sun to put the most DoT effects on someone also to be useful. The key thing to get from wholyhandgrenade's post is this gem:

Hrm basically every time you post you seem to mostly be QQing about something. That first paragraph is just full of erros and bad advice. Are there balance issues in this game, especially when it comes to pvp? sure. Does that make your hero usless? No. But if you want to kill 15 people a BG then DC is probably the wrong class. Althouh you can put together a pretty nice glass cannon build for killing people if that is truly what you desire.

In regards to your second set paragaph, well I'm a fan of dotting people up for continous dmg and slowly watching their life drop or just tossing it on there as extra dmg to help your team out. Should you do this in complete disregard of healing? Ideally no, since it's not as good for you, or your team. But of course you are free to use whatever you choose, just don't keep complaing about how bad it is. GG set should be by far the best for a full dot build though.
    While using HP/Regen/Def blues is fairly effective for increasing survivability it causes you to do a bit less dmg and healing. At least it's a cheap set up though and I would recomend it for people who are new to 60 or really anybody who doesn't have the GG or MH set. But in regards to all the DC purple's being garbage in PVP, just aint true, MH is by far the best thing 1.3k heals every encounter (ignores righteousness) and I don't even have that big an HP pool, unlike some people who've really boosted their HP.

All in all I'm not usually taking tons of kills, although I do have some nice 14-2-X games etc but those are uncommon. But, I do stay alive a lot, add dmg for the team, provide heals and dmg mitigation, etc, etc. Don't usually have any trouble finishing in the top 5, even when we lose. Granted if your PUGing all the time your bound to get some good and bad teams, actually some really bad ones from time to time, not to mention the bots and leavers, it's just the state of PVP. Do I wish I had a bit more evasion? sure, or at least some better options for disabling people so I could get away better soemtimes but we don't so I live with it. It hardly makes it unplayable