test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Brethren Song - NW-DN73Z66BA (Trading reviews!)

lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Foundry
The Brethren Song

by Draedis@lolsorhand.
Short Code: NW-DN73Z66BA
Mission Type: Outdoor/Indoor - Storyline/Delve/Exploration - (There's a Party difficulty slider in the beginning of each area.)
Average Duration: 60 minutes
Amount of Combat: Medium/Heavy
Starts at: World Map
Maps: 6

Suggestions: Reading the dialogue is completely optional in this quest, apart from one instance - Be vary of activating Party Mode if you are not playing with at least two friends or more.

Sounds/Music and Post Processing should be activated for the best possible immersion.

Description:
If you want to take a break from the quest, you can always do so just as you enter a new area. If you leave, you can return to the start of the area where you left off.

This is the continuation of Brethren of the Five : The Trials of Five
Storyline/Delve with Medium/Heavy encounters balanced to solo players as well as a party. It has elements of exploration for those interested.

Difficulty:
Solo: Medium/Very Hard
Duo: Medium/Very Hard
Party: Medium/Hard

--- Ingame Description ---

Story/Delve/Exploration

Your mind mauled as you wake up in what seems to be some sort of cell. Your memory hazy at best, although you do remember stepping through the portal after you had completed the final trial. You know of only one way to find out what will transpire now, after all you have proven yourself. You are now The Fifth and only time will tell what that truly means.

Difficulty - Solo or Party - Depending on gear and size of your party the difficulty will vary greatly. (Many things change with party difficulty, it is more than mere enemies that change. Outcomes and NPCs will change/vary.)

Bring pots and injury kits, and most importantly have fun!

Play as the villain or hero.
Dialogue driven -Heavy/Medium-
Combat driven - Medium/Heavy-
Exploration driven -Light- (This is for story/sidequest alone.)

V. 1.0+

The story will presume you have played the previous three quests. (BUT, this can work to some part as a standalone quest and a decent introduction to the series.)

<(^^<) --- Screens as usual

E1tDgAWl.jpg

S5utIFpl.jpg

aEl2gQZl.jpg

5t3cBaEl.jpg

Reviews that will be done asap.

Kobold Crusher - NW-DKH3UKB4Q - Played and reviewed!

Tower of the Lost Wizards - NW-DSE9JPUCV- Played and reviewed!

Bonds of a brother - NW-DCP9XPZHI - Played and reviewed!

The Cursed Armor of Steele - NW-DNR5AK4ZK - Played and reviewed!

Demons in the Sewer - NW-DQ9WRV8HX- Played and reviewed!

Northern Justice NW-DJBL7N5V9 - Played and reviewed!

Part#2 (The Lead) NW-DCJ5NKNIJ - Played and reviewed!

Reviews Pending for time constraints or other reasons. (Such as no replies after initial post, PM or otherwise.)

A time of need - NW-DTNQ57N4B - Will revisit
I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
Post edited by lolsorhand on

Comments

• Options
    chieorichieori Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Looking for a Review, willing to Trade. ..

Ashmadai Invasion - Demons in the Sewer @Chieori
    Short Code: NW-DQ9WRV8HX
    Mission Type: Dungeon Crawl
    Average Duration: 20-25 Mins
    Amount of Combat: Moderate to Heavy
    Starts at: (NPC or location) Guard Frinken / Protector's Enclave
    Mission Summary: Kill the Ashmadai, find out why they are there and how they got there.
    Author tips/hints: 2 Side quests that provide aid during the quest, Optional if want to do or not, one is open to all, other is class based.
    Campaign: Ashmadai Incursion
    [1] Devils in the Sewer :|: NW-DQ9WRV8HX :|: Daily Eligible :|: Featured
    [2] The Summoning :|: NW-DGG95NROO :|: Daily Eligible
    [3] Temple of the Winds :| NW-DM5JFJ3UL :|: Daily Eligible

Clan Ravenclaw :|: NW-DU3QXH237 :|: Daily Eligible
    Children's Babble :|: NW-DUD5EUH8A :|: Daily Eligible
    Solstice Academy :|: NW-DRJG6BIZM :|: Daily Eligible
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Aside the things I wrote in the NW_Foundry channel, I had nothing raise my brow. Quite a perfect tail you spun, Lol. Keep them coming!
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    chieori wrote: »
    Looking for a Review, willing to Trade. ..

Ashmadai Invasion - Demons in the Sewer @Chieori
    Short Code: NW-DQ9WRV8HX
    Mission Type: Dungeon Crawl
    Average Duration: 20-25 Mins
    Amount of Combat: Moderate to Heavy
    Starts at: (NPC or location) Guard Frinken / Protector's Enclave
    Mission Summary: Kill the Ashmadai, find out why they are there and how they got there.
    Author tips/hints: 2 Side quests that provide aid during the quest, Optional if want to do or not, one is open to all, other is class based.

Sure thing, I'll get to it asap :)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    saerrael wrote: »
    Aside the things I wrote in the NW_Foundry channel, I had nothing raise my brow. Quite a perfect tail you spun, Lol. Keep them coming!

There's no stopping :) Though I'll take a break now and enjoy the game for awhile :3
    I like turtles.

• Options
    aaldaemonaaldaemon Member Posts: 94
    edited August 2013
    Lolsor you need a well deserved rest. :)

Remember to fix the placeholder when you wake up.
    Assassination Contract NW-DOD6JMS5H - story + combat. Trading reviews.
    I'm improving my quest on an almost daily basis - so if you come back to it after a week or so, it won't be quite the same!
  • Options
    groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Awesome, as usual. :)
    Hope you take your time and have a nice vacation now until you're ready for the next part!
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aaldaemon wrote: »
    Lolsor you need a well deserved rest. :)

Remember to fix the placeholder when you wake up.

Fixed that before bed ^^
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Still trading, comon now :3
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Still trading :)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Only 4 plays remain for daily, bump!
    I like turtles.

• Options
    yipykayeyipykaye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I reviewed. Notes are in my last nine levels thread. :)
    "A Time Long Forgotten"
    Whispers in the Forest NW-DPJGEXZJ8 - Daily
    A Salty Sailor's Brew NW-DMOZP625S - Daily
    Bonds of a Brother NW-DCP9XPZHI - Daily
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Anyone else up for review trading? :)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Still... Trading! Also, if you wish for a no-trade I may play your quest anyway. But I give no promises since I prioritize the trades.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Playing right now... :)

EDIT: Okay. Just finished.

Wow. Really. Truly. Wow. EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!

The story you've crafted here is wonderful and immersive. Thank you! I especially appreciated moments where I could make ethical choices and define my character's perspective a bit, all without really altering where the story would continue.

And the environments are all top-notch. Such attention to detail! I can't imagine the challenge of creating such spaces that move through the height of the map so beautifully (I'm thinking especially of places like the steps down to open the gate and such). And, yes, I noticed the lattice of beams on the ceilings and things like that. The environments are masterpieces!

I especially enjoyed the riddles with the infernal creature. Of course, I accidently hit the wrong answer on one of them (I knew it, but I hit the wrong key)... and, boy, do you pay the price for a mistake here! Ack!

I also appreciated being appropriately punished for trying to weave my way around obvious encounters. You taught me my lesson quickly! Stick to the road and follow the story you've laid out; don't go crawling through the trees at the edge of the map. Bad things happen off the beaten path!

I caught a couple of things to tweak along the way. Just little things like a candle flame floating in a hallway on the way to Trezian's study, or a couple of typos/grammar boo boos (such as "sun shine down" instead of "sun shineS down," or "time pass so rapidly" instead of "time passES so rapidly" in the riddles).

However, as much as I enjoyed the adventure, I almost quit mid-way from frustration. There are a couple of battles that are simply too hard. Like ridiculously hard. I died FIVE times trying to defeat the Lion and his Advisor! Nothing is so frustrating as fighting stacked mobs of significant difficulty in tight little hallways, especially if they're mobs that stun, knock you down, heal the enemy, and flood the floor with red markings of impending doom. As a well-geared Level 60 Cleric soloing the adventure, I just couldn't stay on top of the fight. Dodging, being knocked down (and pummeled to death), feeling like I was making little progress because of the Advisor's healing, etc. That was just insane. Maybe if I was a different class or level it would have been different? *shrug*

(On the other hand, once I DID finally defeat everything, it certainly FELT epic. But, typically, if I find myself dying more than once in an encounter, I'll quit the adventure instead of finishing it. The only reason I persisted was because I was enjoying the artistry of your maps and the crafting of your story, and I wanted to see how it continued.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    Playing right now... :)

EDIT: Okay. Just finished.

Wow. Really. Truly. Wow. EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!

The story you've crafted here is wonderful and immersive. Thank you! I especially appreciated moments where I could make ethical choices and define my character's perspective a bit, all without really altering where the story would continue.

And the environments are all top-notch. Such attention to detail! I can't imagine the challenge of creating such spaces that move through the height of the map so beautifully (I'm thinking especially of places like the steps down to open the gate and such). And, yes, I noticed the lattice of beams on the ceilings and things like that. The environments are masterpieces!

I especially enjoyed the riddles with the infernal creature. Of course, I accidently hit the wrong answer on one of them (I knew it, but I hit the wrong key)... and, boy, do you pay the price for a mistake here! Ack!

I also appreciated being appropriately punished for trying to weave my way around obvious encounters. You taught me my lesson quickly! Stick to the road and follow the story you've laid out; don't go crawling through the trees at the edge of the map. Bad things happen off the beaten path!

I caught a couple of things to tweak along the way. Just little things like a candle flame floating in a hallway on the way to Trezian's study, or a couple of typos/grammar boo boos (such as "sun shine down" instead of "sun shineS down," or "time pass so rapidly" instead of "time passES so rapidly" in the riddles).

However, as much as I enjoyed the adventure, I almost quit mid-way from frustration. There are a couple of battles that are simply too hard. Like ridiculously hard. I died FIVE times trying to defeat the Lion and his Advisor! Nothing is so frustrating as fighting stacked mobs of significant difficulty in tight little hallways, especially if they're mobs that stun, knock you down, heal the enemy, and flood the floor with red markings of impending doom. As a well-geared Level 60 Cleric soloing the adventure, I just couldn't stay on top of the fight. Dodging, being knocked down (and pummeled to death), feeling like I was making little progress because of the Advisor's healing, etc. That was just insane. Maybe if I was a different class or level it would have been different? *shrug*

(On the other hand, once I DID finally defeat everything, it certainly FELT epic. But, typically, if I find myself dying more than once in an encounter, I'll quit the adventure instead of finishing it. The only reason I persisted was because I was enjoying the artistry of your maps and the crafting of your story, and I wanted to see how it continued.)

I repositioned the Lioness', so the player should be able to fight them before the actual boss - If the problem persists I'll simply remove the assassins from Normal mode. (And going to look into those typos :), Thanks!)

Also, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Forgot to say that :p

Update:

Lioness' removed to balance the difficulty, and the typos above fixed!
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Still trading, No one in need of trading? O.o
    I like turtles.

• Options
    lightbringer1102lightbringer1102 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please review my 2 part quests, and I'll review yours.
    Part#1 (Belial) NW-DCVQ737WR
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Please review my 2 part quests, and I'll review yours.

Sure thing :)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hey lolsorhand,

I tried this out and I love what you did with your environments very awesome and nice to see some one taking the time and effort to make things look good! However, I was unfortunately unable to complete this quest, the encounter while doing the quest question the severing girl was impossible to kill for a lvl 60 GF and I was dps specced, after 10 deaths and repair kits later I thought I gave it a valiant effort however, knew that I was not going to be able to complete it.
    I was knocked down repeatedly, while the rest of the mobs healed, and rotters ripped me apart while I was stunned, literally was dead within 3 seconds 4 if I had my shield up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    Hey lolsorhand,

I tried this out and I love what you did with your environments very awesome and nice to see some one taking the time and effort to make things look good! However, I was unfortunately unable to complete this quest, the encounter while doing the quest question the severing girl was impossible to kill for a lvl 60 GF and I was dps specced, after 10 deaths and repair kits later I thought I gave it a valiant effort however, knew that I was not going to be able to complete it.
    I was knocked down repeatedly, while the rest of the mobs healed, and rotters ripped me apart while I was stunned, literally was dead within 3 seconds 4 if I had my shield up.

Did you go party mode? - You must have O.o (i'll check into that though but that is party mode!)

Serving girl? She isn't supposed to be killed, you just speak with her. But it sounds like you activated the party mode lol

Edit:

Yeah, that's the only way they would spawn. It's party difficulty that are setup to spawn once party component + certain encounter is killed. (So if you go normal mode, there would only be one enemy arriving there.)

(Ran it now, And only one spawned on Normal.)

ew1Os1hl.jpg

After the serving girl, you have two guards. Then as you enter the room, one Apprentice. :p
    I like turtles.

• Options
    pris23pris23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I played this and I was happy to get some more information about Trezian. I was wondering what happened with him after he appeared in the first quest. :) I also really liked the good/evil options added. I thought that really added some extra dynamics to the story since we all know what happened (mostly anyway) to the one who was before you. Cool idea.

Also, combat was a good challenge for me being a 60 DC, but I think I am going try it again sometime with the group setting. I just want to know if it is possible for me to solo.
    The Secret to Paradise: NWS-DCV313OOC FOUNDRY DAILY
    Part 1 - Paradise Lost? NW-DDMMIKYTB
    Part 2 - Into the Mist NW-DIJXRI4NT
    Part 3 - Wind of The North NW-DFB9K8KWH

Leave feedback for The Secret to Paradise
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    pris23 wrote: »
    I played this and I was happy to get some more information about Trezian. I was wondering what happened with him after he appeared in the first quest. :) I also really liked the good/evil options added. I thought that really added some extra dynamics to the story since we all know what happened (mostly anyway) to the one who was before you. Cool idea.

Also, combat was a good challenge for me being a 60 DC, but I think I am going try it again sometime with the group setting. I just want to know if it is possible for me to solo.

Glad you liked it! :) - The Party is truly intended for a party, and while I managed to solo it with my GWF - I think clerics lack the dps to kill certain groups that are assisted by healers.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Anyone else up for trading? :)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    tserantseran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    It's on my list! But I want to begin the campaign from the start and I don't know if I'll be able to get to it tonight (and I'll be heading on vacation tomorrow). Heard good things!

*Started in on Riddles- will have to wrap up when I return :) And thanks for the offer, though I'm on Dragon.
    c447.png
  • Options
    boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    tseran wrote: »
    It's on my list! But I want to begin the campaign from the start and I don't know if I'll be able to get to it tonight (and I'll be heading on vacation tomorrow). Heard good things!

I will trade, we have already each played each others early campaign modules. Northern Justice is part 3 of my seven...maybe part story line if I have the endurance to finish. I love your environments and cant wait to play.

Review Brethren Song
    Maps: Nice smart use of all tools. The sewer interaction and breaking down the gate was great. As always you are probably the top map builder on the foundry at this point.
    Story: Now the whole thing is starting to make sense. Really liked how you set up your villain having good natured guards working for him, to realize it was just a sacrifice. Your really building an epic storyline, and giving the pc's there own keep to boot.
    NPC's: Trezin really comes across as a solid villain figure in this play. Elisabeth as a Romance options stays steady throughout your total arc.
    Combat: Good solid fights, love ones that make me use potions. I like the fact you have a party option as well. Crawler reskin at the end boss fight really was a solid fight.

Gave you five stars and a 500 tip, was well worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    boomba66 wrote: »
    I will trade, we have already each played each others early campaign modules. Northern Justice is part 3 of my seven...maybe part story line if I have the endurance to finish. I love your environments and cant wait to play.

Review Brethren Song
    Maps: Nice smart use of all tools. The sewer interaction and breaking down the gate was great. As always you are probably the top map builder on the foundry at this point.
    Story: Now the whole thing is starting to make sense. Really liked how you set up your villain having good natured guards working for him, to realize it was just a sacrifice. Your really building an epic storyline, and giving the pc's there own keep to boot.
    NPC's: Trezin really comes across as a solid villain figure in this play. Elisabeth as a Romance options stays steady throughout your total arc.
    Combat: Good solid fights, love ones that make me use potions. I like the fact you have a party option as well. Crawler reskin at the end boss fight really was a solid fight.

Gave you five stars and a 500 tip, was well worth it.

Glad you liked it, and thanks for the kind words :p - I played through your part 3 just now, and I think I'll replay it again if you want any feedback or thoughts about anything. (Kind of tired, been a long day.)

To Tseran -
    Looking forward to it! (Can run it with you if you're on mindflayer, tonight I'm not so sure though, as said my head is saying no lol)

Edit: Brent's wife is just in the room facing the kitchen you enter.
    I like turtles.