test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worth coming Back?

zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Been about two months since I quit the game from the constant Fighter hate Castle Never players face. Just asking out there has this hate diminished? Have any of the changes to CN made it so the CW push team is no longer "Needed" and fighters play a bigger roll in protecting the team from adds?

Can fighters get CN groups without the need of guilds to promote good fighter players?
Do player groups actually look for fighters like the do for DC, TR and CW for CN?
Post edited by zardoz007 on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    1. GWF CN hate diminish: yes, quite a lot. Frequent runners of CN know the strength of GWFs. But, if anything, 3x CW runs by pugs are a little more common and CN newbies in pugs (especially weak CWs) prefer GFs or double TR.

2. GWF CN add role: CN itself has not changed. Nor is it optimum from speed run perspective of CN for fighters to spend excess time "protecting" from adds. Kiting red mages on Draco is often welcome in pugs though.

3. CN grouping: guild GWFs have zero trouble getting into CN groups. Pugs are a different matter: GWFs more common in CN groups now but you may need to establish a reputation as a strong player or be able to solo run sections as good as a TR or just be overgeared to receive invites, rather than starting your own CN groups.

4. CN GWF LFM: short answer, not that often. Long answer: frequent CN runners (pugs or guildies) will often ask for TR/GWF/GF to fill the last slot and are largely indifferent as to which they get as long as there is always 1 DC, 2 CW and 1 TR.

GWFs are more common in the rare 1 CW CN runs, but these are rare for a reason - the last thing thing anyone wants is to lose a run due to the CW disconnecting or being accidentally kicked out of a run on a relog, even if they are pro at their role.

Summary: fighters, including GWFs, are in much better place than they used to be, especially in pvp. But I would question coming back to the game now. The game is so bugged (latest patch made a complete mess) and there is no new content, that you will just end up being frustrated unless you are gearing your endgame character completely from scratch.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    Summary: fighters, including GWFs, are in much better place than they used to be, especially in pvp.
    The above sentence is 100% correct, and I've had an absolute blast with my Sentinel GWF running a muck in PvE and PvP. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    When PvP gets more maps you should come back.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Not a PvP Player though. so That does nto matter to me the worst thing i Was told as a GWF is "Why are you playing a GWF for PvE you should go PvP Instead".

Fondlez posts are nice and detailed it gives me exactly the informtaion I needed and that is. If you have a Good guild you get to do CN runz as a Fighter. However after Leaving 5 Guilds previously from GWF Hate I doubt I'll be returning anytime soon. If Pugs are not grabbing GWF then lots of Guilds formed from former Pug players Still do not want a GWF. And that lands me in the same boat.

If GWF and CN has not changed in 2 months then Good by and so long Neverwinter.
  • holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    zardoz007 wrote: »
    Not a PvP Player though. so That does nto matter to me the worst thing i Was told as a GWF is "Why are you playing a GWF for PvE you should go PvP Instead".

Fondlez posts are nice and detailed it gives me exactly the informtaion I needed and that is. If you have a Good guild you get to do CN runz as a Fighter. However after Leaving 5 Guilds previously from GWF Hate I doubt I'll be returning anytime soon. If Pugs are not grabbing GWF then lots of Guilds formed from former Pug players Still do not want a GWF. And that lands me in the same boat.

If GWF and CN has not changed in 2 months then Good by and so long Neverwinter.

If you're out now, I'd wait till the Aug 22nd patch. It's the next major patch and will add some new content.
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    1. GWF CN hate diminish: yes, quite a lot. Frequent runners of CN know the strength of GWFs. But, if anything, 3x CW runs by pugs are a little more common and CN newbies in pugs (especially weak CWs) prefer GFs or double TR.

2. GWF CN add role: CN itself has not changed. Nor is it optimum from speed run perspective of CN for fighters to spend excess time "protecting" from adds. Kiting red mages on Draco is often welcome in pugs though.

3. CN grouping: guild GWFs have zero trouble getting into CN groups. Pugs are a different matter: GWFs more common in CN groups now but you may need to establish a reputation as a strong player or be able to solo run sections as good as a TR or just be overgeared to receive invites, rather than starting your own CN groups.

4. CN GWF LFM: short answer, not that often. Long answer: frequent CN runners (pugs or guildies) will often ask for TR/GWF/GF to fill the last slot and are largely indifferent as to which they get as long as there is always 1 DC, 2 CW and 1 TR.

GWFs are more common in the rare 1 CW CN runs, but these are rare for a reason - the last thing thing anyone wants is to lose a run due to the CW disconnecting or being accidentally kicked out of a run on a relog, even if they are pro at their role.

Summary: fighters, including GWFs, are in much better place than they used to be, especially in pvp. But I would question coming back to the game now. The game is so bugged (latest patch made a complete mess) and there is no new content, that you will just end up being frustrated unless you are gearing your endgame character completely from scratch.

This ^

/Thread end
  • meeggtoastmeeggtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Thorfinn, Wanna run CN tomorrow? Need ur Dps brah. I'll TR or CW or DC
    th0rfinn wrote: »
    This ^

/Thread end
    Nevermore@meeggtoast 12.2 BiS TR
    Lanaya@meeggtoast 13.4 BiS GWF
    Shendelzare@meeggtoast 11.2k CN mule CW

Server: Dragon
    Stream: meeggtoast
    Guide: Meeggtoast's Destroyer Dps Guide
  • th0rfinnth0rfinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    meeggtoast wrote: »
    Thorfinn, Wanna run CN tomorrow? Need ur Dps brah. I'll TR or CW or DC

another-world-war-yeah-sure-why-not.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxNNucyvuR4
  • durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's very few to see "LFM GWF/GF for CN 4/4" in zone chat. As a GWF my self, I feel that GWF is not needed in CN. Sure GWF has biggest AOE damage, but that's it, not a very important role. CN needs 2 CW/TR/DC to be accomplished fast, and the last spot for GF/GWF can be replaced by 1 more TR or 1 more DC. Recently, there is even 2-3 people in zone chat looking for CN group but without GF/GWF inside. This make me feels really low.