test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seals are useless

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
I don't know about level 60 seals but all I know is by the time I have enough seals to buy a piece of gear, the stats are lower than what I got on now and collecting bounties to return in for either a seal or a piece of green is also useless like I said before I don't know what level 60 seal gear is like but but gear for the lower to mid level seals are useless

and also if you didn't buy any gear from low level seals they become useless, you cant turn them in for higher seals or anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's not the seals that are useless but the **** bounties. 40 bounties to 1 seal??? That makes absolutely no sense.
    Remove them or make them more useful!

40 bounties to 10 seals would make more sense including that it is also possible to get blue gear from the treasure bags. Currently I have never got any blue although it is stated on the bag that there is a change for it. Are they also broken? I have tested it with 50 treasure bags.

Also level 60 seals are worthless. Unless you want one companion with 200 seals which is about +20 dungeon runs..
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    By the time you can afford seal items you already have better gear.

And that's the story from beginning to end. :(
  • Options
    xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013

That is so unfortunately true.

Now if you could transfer seals to other alts in your account then it would be almost (note: almost) usable. The only way these items you can buy with seals are usable, is if you buy in the AH the ones that other people have paid for.

Seriously, this part of the economy is totally broken (like out levelling equipment you can craft for yourself). It needs to be seriously looked at and rebalanced drastically.

I agree on the bounty issue also - I now do not bother with buying seals but get the chests and sell them in the AH - feels more worthwhile.

This game is missing some critical RPG elements which would add to players enjoyment and longevity in-game. Attention to this would add much.
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Well put..

The seals & bounties need totally reworking because as of now they are just completely pointless.
    I started my 4th toon on sunday and am just about lvl 60 now, not once have I used a bounty icon instead they are actually more of a nuisance with them being one of the items you autoloot and clogging up inventory space.

Ive never got one thing with seals on any of my characters due to ambisinisters point as well.

Its a borked system that needs an overhaul....
  • Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well put..
    instead they are actually more of a nuisance with them being one of the items you autoloot and clogging up inventory space.

Don't know why they don't put the bounty with the seals and the bars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't believe that the Seals were overlooked like they are. It is a totally broken system like others have said and I would be embarrassed to have something like these if I designed a game. Reminds me of the blue level 60 items that you can buy for a ridiculous amount of Ardent Coins. In this day and age of gaming it truly is a let down that systems like this are locked in place with no mention of changes coming.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have more Drake Seals than I know what to do with. And very soon those items will be BoP.

My only hope is the salvage vendor.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agree on all but unicorn and drake seals. The unicorn ones are good to upgrade your gear to purple once you're 60. Drake ones take longer to get and are only just better than unicorn ones, but I wouldn't say they were useless, apart from the ones that would otherwise be part of a set... Never managed to get the chance to use other seals though. At least the gear that drops gets you through a lot.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Unicorn and drake seals are good for cheaply equipping your companions.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Some of the items actually look pretty good as well. I transmuted my orb to the drake, looks awesome.
  • Options
    mrrubbishmrrubbish Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    What I do is spend the seals and give the gear away to the lower level players who might be able to get a few levels use out of them before they get discarded. otherwise as stated before most of the time you're too powerful to use them once you can earn them for yourself.
    Fly Garlic - Cleric par excellence
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Allow seals to buy injury kits, potions, and the various ID scrolls. Another idea would be to add magic scrolls to seal vendors. They don't exist yet, but e see some enemies take out a scroll and read it to provide some sort of buff or effect.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    stalesmokestalesmoke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Seals are a great way to take out some frustration , just grab a blunt object and start swinging.and their furs are nice for making things
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    stalesmoke wrote: »
    Seals are a great way to take out some frustration , just grab a blunt object and start swinging.and their furs are nice for making things

Best to get them while they are young too. They are slower and put of less of a fight. :p
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    anyway in the futur lv 60 gear will be BoP it seems then they will be completely useless
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    anyway in the futur lv 60 gear will be BoP it seems then they will be completely useless

TOTALLY true and a real bummer. Almost EVERYONE in my guild has used their seals to help one another (bartering for gear for new 60s or getting them a wererat companion because they have a worthless level 15 companion). The seals as a whole needs a TOTAL overhaul and this change coming with Mod1 isn't what we needed to be honest. I am hopeful they add other items we can barter for beyond gear, not sure what, but something useful. Moreover yes lower the cost per seal because it is impossible to make use of anything at level with the seals. I remember first checking out the items in Helm's Hold in beta and being in awe and then realizing WOW well I will never be able to acquire those at level.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • Options
    yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    And the best thing is that items for seals which could be good for someone else will be unsellable. That really helps everyone who has some seals from dungeons - now he can throw them away instead of making anything with it.
    Sell them while you can.
  • Options
    stabbathstabbath Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agree with title. I have hundreds of seals I see no reason to spend. Hoping they make them upgradable or something.
  • Options
    satanous1satanous1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The seals and their uselessness is the result of rushed development. Instead of making a unique seal for each stage, they should have made 1 version of seal that could be exchanged for gear that could be upgraded. Slap a level requirement on the gear if you must, but give people something to work toward.

I'd also like to see seal > trade good / astral diamond vendors. Give people a reason to spend this currency and it becomes more than just an empty reward.
  • Options
    buffsmadbuffsmad Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Agree on several points.

Exchange rate for bounty to seals is too high.
    Having a range of unique seals tied to particular gear level is too limiting. Either have one seal for gear trading or use seals to trade for Bounty Points -> tradeable for gear (and maybe ident scrolls too). So seal traders would offer pts for seals and gear for that level. Value (in Bounty Points) of each seal would scale with latter option.
    Additionally, I'd like to see bounty trades offered in the next zone to which they were collected which would more likely offer usable gear.
  • Options
    dissengulp71dissengulp71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    satanous1 wrote: »
    Give people a reason to spend this currency and it becomes more than just an empty reward.

Couldn't have said it better. With this upcoming change to all seals and glory we are left with an empty reward for our time. I know much of it revolves around the bots and gold farmers who farm the heck out of these in-game currencies to then sell the items on the AH or zone chat to earn AD or in-game gold to then sell AD and gold for real money.To be honest coming from one of the stricter MMOs on good loot I was amazed how much was unbound in NW and it was actually refreshing to see from some perspectives. That being said if they are going to go this route, which it seems very likely in some form, then these currencies should be shared account wide to at least have some use on alts by using an in-game wallet. In the end though if you don't run alts you are left with once again an empty reward. Moreover with something like Glory capping at 25k and nothing to buy then wow they need to get something in place soon or there is going to be some disappointed players.
    Frothy Ironanvil, Lvl 60 Dwarven Cleric
    Leader, Stormblades
    Dragon Shard
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Same for ardent coins, 150 days for a rare weapon, by then you have better gear. That angel better be worth it.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Same for ardent coins, 150 days for a rare weapon, by then you have better gear. That angel better be worth it.

yeah the elixers with the Ardent coins used to be useful while leveling up. Now they are level 50 requirement to use.
    And inbetween those, theres nothing even remotely viable to spend those ardent coins on.