test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please fix PVP--- Quiters

walbangerwalbanger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PvE Discussion
Please punish people who quit a PVP game.... and go AFK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just played about 15 PVP matches in a row, and NONE finished above 5v2....
In most matchies the other team Quits within 5minutes to leave it 5v0
The "fullist" a game has been is me and 1 other Vs 5 enemy.....

Do something like ban them from PVP for 2 hrs if they quit....

If they disconnect then can rejoin within 3-5minutes (upto you... you can do test to see) if they dont rejoin in that time then give a 2hr ban.... (or actualy if they rejoin same PVP by the end of the game there is no ban)...

Now i know some of you will say thats not fair, if you disconnect its not your fault.... but if this becomes such a problem that you are disconnecting everyday 1+ times, then you shouldnt be playing in team games as its not fair on the others....
I have been dissconnected by the internet 2 times in 3 months.... and i would HAPPILY take a 2 hr ban from PVP (cause i can still do other stuff) for the great good of the game because i have just wasted 1hr 30mins to get 1 desent match :(

I'm so p*ssed off right now at these lazy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, cowereds that obviously have no skill so quit!!!!
Post edited by walbanger on

Comments

• bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No worries, with recent changes to glory loot, pvp is soon to be dead. So no need to fix anything - problem solved.
    Ranger.jpg
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is an issue that have been bothering many pvp players like myself, although it can be fixed with a very simple solution.

Since the game allows you to reconnect in a short period of time, player that do not return to a match should be penalized as follows:

Quit/DC a match: 15 minutes unable to queue for a new Domination PVP match
    Quit/DC 2 matches in a row: 60 minutes unable to queue for a new Domination PVP match
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    walbanger wrote: »
    I'm so p*ssed off right now at these lazy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, cowereds that obviously have no skill so quit!!!!

Lots of threads about this already with as many against penalties as there are for.

Does sound to me like you're ticked you haven't gotten your quota of pugstomping today though - maybe you should queue against premades if you want a proper match?
    Quit/DC 2 matches in a row: 60 minutes unable to queue for a new Domination PVP match

I'm sure the Devs are looking into it - whether they do anything is another matter (strangely, STO has a leavers penalty for PvE but *not* PvP).

But to be honest, if I queue up with a a bunch of no-hopers that all rush our base leaving no-one to cap 2, I'm still going to quit - I don't care what the penalties are - I don't see why I should stick around in a game that's quite clearly a waste of my time.
  • bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm all for a penalty, and the poster with the no problem with no pvp made me laugh..

However, if people can't quit, they will just stay at spawn.. Doesn't help anyone then either.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    they believe it s better for pvp to have a ad reward for it so people go play pvp, meanwhile, all what s needed for that reward is enter pvp, done. there s so much wrong with this game and how it should be handled for more succes, but i m on my way to don t care land.
  • walbangerwalbanger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    brataccas wrote: »
    But to be honest, if I queue up with a a bunch of no-hopers that all rush our base leaving no-one to cap 2, I'm still going to quit - I don't care what the penalties are - I don't see why I should stick around in a game that's quite clearly a waste of my time.

Because thats LIFE!!! you should live with it...

also im sure there are hundreds of posts about PVP already.... but the more there are the more they will see theres a problem... Right??
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Because thats LIFE!!! you should live with it...

Uh - no. Why? Because I play this game to have fun - getting roflstomped because my team-mates are all sub-9k GS and have no clue how to PvP isn't fun for me - if you enjoy it then great but so long as there's an option for me to quit pointless matches then I will.
    also im sure there are hundreds of posts about PVP already.... but the more there are the more they will see theres a problem... Right??

Nobody's saying you shouldn't add your voice to the others, but why not reply to one of those threads rather than create a new one? Not that it matters, this'll get merged into another thread soon enough...
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Please punish people who quit a PVP game.... and go AFK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just played about 15 PVP matches in a row, and NONE finished above 5v2....
    In most matchies the other team Quits within 5minutes to leave it 5v0
    The "fullist" a game has been is me and 1 other Vs 5 enemy.....

Do something like ban them from PVP for 2 hrs if they quit....

If they disconnect then can rejoin within 3-5minutes (upto you... you can do test to see) if they dont rejoin in that time then give a 2hr ban.... (or actualy if they rejoin same PVP by the end of the game there is no ban)...

Now i know some of you will say thats not fair, if you disconnect its not your fault.... but if this becomes such a problem that you are disconnecting everyday 1+ times, then you shouldnt be playing in team games as its not fair on the others....
    I have been dissconnected by the internet 2 times in 3 months.... and i would HAPPILY take a 2 hr ban from PVP (cause i can still do other stuff) for the great good of the game because i have just wasted 1hr 30mins to get 1 desent match :(

So funny that all you morons think that a leaving penalty of 2 hours is going to reduce quitters. No, not even if you put in a 2 day ban from pvp que would it reduce quitting. The reason there are so many quitters is because a huge majority of players simply suck at pvp and they don't want to face being on a losing team so they bail. Placing a ban will do nothing at all. Instead of quitting they will just stop helping their team which is worse than quitting because you assume that a player in the party is actually doing something to help the team. So if they were to implement this feature all you dumb****s will be back here the very next day complaining about players who don't do anything in pvp and stay in the party because they don't want a 2 hour ban. Think about it. Face a two hour ban or find a place to hide and go afk for 10 minutes? There are a lot of places to hide where the enemy can't get you.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013
    gotta love the pvp'r attitudes in this thread....lol.

reinforcing the stereotype is all that is happening here.
    Best ways I can think of to fix PvP are;

1. Gear score Range matching (at least as a priority) and if there are not enough players of similar range, then fill the spots with next highest gear score.

2. Replace the players that leave with others from the queue system, even if the match is 1/2 way through. Could make the difference and turn that game around.

3. Punish people that leave PvP games with a 15-30min CD on entering another game.

Please listen Cryptic and do something about it!
    -Beast-
    Essence of Aggression
    edited August 2013
    zilkka wrote: »
    .... Punish people that leave PvP games with a 15-30min CD on entering another game......

i dont really think they will care.

all a cooldown will do is to make anyone with a slight interest just avoid pvp altogether....hence even a 'smaller' population than it has now.
    It wont make people that actually want to PvP avoid it... It will just help with leavers that are only there to either get their daily done or rage cause they died once.
    -Beast-
    Essence of Aggression
    edited August 2013
    so....alienate to the few hardcore's only eh ?

great plan for fixing pvp ;)
    Its not alienating at all. It will encourage the casual to stay and play! :D
    -Beast-
    Essence of Aggression
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmmmmm..........
    Yes........................
    Having PVP Quitters "Fixed" would solve MUCH.
    Not just in Game, but all through the World.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    gotta love the pvp'r attitudes in this thread....lol.

reinforcing the stereotype is all that is happening here.

go ahead, get a job at southpark and make an episode of it and i`ll laugh.
    putting those lines in here is actualy not so smart ;p
  • gexenngexenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013

Now imagine you pug with a group of bots/afkers against a full party. You cannot do anything because it is 5 vs 1. Why stay there to get nothing. So you just leave very disappointed and then you would get punished even more... this is not the way to go rly. And you cannot kick the bots now can you... :c
    [SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=14804901&dateline=1374624038[/SIGPIC]
    foundry Call of the Blood - NW-DTAK6CXZ2

campaign Heart of Nature - NWS-DUKNH9PPZ

* Cold as Ice - NW-DFFSJTRZG
    * Hard as Stone - NW-DE5ONCWMQ
  • riverninerivernine Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    At first I agree. then it became a very selfish post... because u are disconnecting u shan't play in my game! its good the creators have more conscience!
  • mpshellmpshell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    pvp will never be fixed till they ban the bots and hackers,also kick the afk's. Don't blame the quitters there only a result of bigger issues
  • j03kingkyj03kingky Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Suggestion for 5 vs 5:
    1. Make Idle Counter as 5 minutes with penalty reducing Personal Glory and Time Ban to reduce AFKers
    2. Make Penalty also reducing Personal Glory and Time Ban for "Clicking Leave Team"

My personal wish: Make 1 vs 1 PVP/Duel to death with 3/3 Wins Count for same class build ;)
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cause pvp it too small scale. 5 vs 5 personal skill is involved. Most humans are idiots thus there's a good chance u'll get brain dead team. I fight no matter what cause i'm high gear score TR who can just have fun even when I get derp team. Well, fought till I switched to rift and now it's awesome cause in 20 vs 20 personal skill matters less and if u can zerg it's 50\50 chance to win even with derps.
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
  • paputsapaputsa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm against this because I have some serious disconnecting problems, which seem to get worse with every update, but it would be nice if there were some more things to do with glory. That would make people want to do pvp more. If what team you were on didn't matter then more people would want to stick to the end, but that's would also probably ruin pvp by ending teamwork.
  • blindsyn1blindsyn1 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    the guys against the penalty for leaving are the ones that actually do it....

and they leave because they dont want to play, they want to be carried by the team..

This is not a ****ing single player game, if you queue for a match you are not garanteed to win 100% of the time, deal with it...

Every MMO out there has some sort of leavers penalty, and it works well for them, why not for NW???

The "i want to play it for fun" excuse is also ****.... you are not playing a single player game, by leaving you are ruining other peoples experience, but in this ****ty and selfish generation of Yolo and swag morons, what can we expect?instead of trying to get better or trying to actually TALK to the team they are in, they quit because they have no skill and queue again hoping that the next team has players that can carry them ....
    edited August 2013
    cgta1967 wrote: »
    so....alienate to the few hardcore's only eh ?

great plan for fixing pvp ;)

Who are the harcores? the ones that quit? are they hardcore at what?? leaving matches?
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Quitting pvp matches is a personal prefferance , noone tells you to leave after the first person left the game . 4v5 is still winnable .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • morbidfunmorbidfun Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just suffered the leaver thing now too lol!

What makes this so funny, is there were two rogues camping my spawn site. I was the only one left on my team, and got slaughtered right there by the camp fire.

I got absolutely nothing for my troubles. What a load of ****.

PVP can go suck a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Why does everyone ignore 'the elephant in the room'?

The issue is:
    Why do people quit?
    not
    How do I penalize those that do!

Look hard at what is wrong with PvP at present
    • bots
    • no gear/skill matching
    • bots
    • it's simply is not 'fun' playing 'bots'
    • bots
    • poor maps
    • bots
    • poor rewards
    • poor fixes to maps
    • the queue that cannot find 5 people (not bots) to play in an instance and then make sure that those 5 get ported into the instance
    • did I mention BOTs?

Once these are sorted maybe, just maybe it will be time to penalize players but at present why should someone waste time in this?
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2013

The issue is:
    Why do people quit?
    not

• bots
    • no gear/skill matching
    • bots
    • bots
    • poor maps
    • bots
    • poor rewards
    • poor fixes to maps
    • the queue that cannot find 5 people (not bots) to play in an instance and then make sure that those 5 get ported into the instance
    • did I mention BOTs?

Once these are sorted maybe, just maybe it will be time to penalize players but at present why should someone waste time in this?

+1 /10char
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
    edited August 2013

The issue is:
    Why do people quit?
    not

• bots
    • no gear/skill matching
    • bots
    • bots
    • poor maps
    • bots
    • poor rewards
    • poor fixes to maps
    • did I mention BOTs?

Blabla bla bla.... have you played any other MMO?
    Every game have bots even big names like WoW.... and guess what, they still have deserter debuffs that doesnt let you queue for 15minutes after you quit a match...
    people love to blame bots, when the majority of quitters doesnt lave because of bots....and i must be lucky because i dont get that many bots in pvp, but i get many many quitters and they leave because they want insta-wins without trying, to the ridiculous point when if the enemy team goes 30 points in front 2 or 3 players always leave the match...
    Like i said a pvp match is not 100% garanteed win.... but i guess that all those leavers and the ones that dont want penaltys can have fun when they wait 5 hours in a queue for pvp when there is noone to carry them to a win because ppl got tired of playing a game that favours quiters
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Every MMO I've played the PvP crowd whines and whines and whines! (and so on)

I quit playing this games PvP when it never managed to put me in a party of more than 4!
This discussion has been closed.