test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perma-Stealth

cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
edited August 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So I am still leveling up my TR and not experienced in end game with them at all, all I know about TR's is either from grouping with them, PvPing with/against them, talking with TR players, and forums/wiki.

But my TR just hit 46 last night, I'm specced saboteur b/c I like the idea of attacking from stealth, and I got the feat that increases stealth with every strike of gloaming cut.

The moment I hit 45 and got shadow strike I decided I would try using gloaming cut, shadow strike, and bait and switch... How can anyone say Perma-Stealth is an unintended mechanic?? Lol! It is absurdly easy to just gloaming cut things to death and use bait and switch when stealth gets low to fill my action bar for lurkers, and when BaS is on cooldown I just shadow strike. With no bonus int, almost no recovery, and only saboteur feats (and the +20% stealth meter feat) I have no problem doing an entire quest instance including the boss completely in stealth. Granted I came out of stealth after each group but 100% of the combat including boss was in stealth.

I realize that this method does far less damage and I actually would have been able to do the quest twice as fast by just using a different set of encounters and at-wills, but this was really fun, this is the uniqueness that NW brings to the TR class. Most people are going to say this is OP but when it takes me longer than a tank specced GF to kill things I really don't think this is imbalanced, it's just a different playstyle, one that I personally really enjoy =)

Also the gloaming cut stealth generating feat is in the 2nd tier of saboteur so any spec could put their final 10 points into it for perma-stealth in PvE only. So the one change that I would make is to move that feat further down so that you have to be saboteur to use it, stay in stealth seems to be the objective of saboteur spec.

TL; DR: There is no way that perma-stealth was unintended for TR's in PvE, it was just intended to do far less damage. And now that you heard that I imagine you will want to read it for my explanation lol.
Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.