test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still Consistantly crashing

phareunphareun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I still consistently crash and have been since beta. It seems to be a bit of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot with the only similarities being when I zone to new areas or start some sort of dialogue with an NPC, but it doesn't always crash and its not always at the same times or places. Is this a known issue with a fix I'm not finding or is it just an ongoing issue with fixes in the future?
Post edited by phareun on

Comments

• Options
    akirababeakirababe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Have you tried lowering the graphics? Also I remember reading somewhere that playing it in windowed mode can cause issues with some people. My boyfriend had the same issue all the time, then he changed it to fullscreen and lowered some graphics and the problems pretty much went away (he still d/cs a lot, but that's cuz he's on XP and it's only barely compatible with his wireless receiver xD)
  • Options
    phareunphareun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'll look at what its set at and try that, thanks!
  • Options
    trespasser1trespasser1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    phareun wrote: »
    I still consistently crash and have been since beta. It seems to be a bit of a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> shoot with the only similarities being when I zone to new areas or start some sort of dialogue with an NPC, but it doesn't always crash and its not always at the same times or places. Is this a known issue with a fix I'm not finding or is it just an ongoing issue with fixes in the future?
    I've experience the SAME thing. I just downloaded the game a few days ago and its almost unplayable, I can't play for more then 45 minutes before it freezes completley and I have to hold down my power button to shut off my whole computer. I hope they fix this because it's a very fun game but I can hardly play it, it does it randomly to there's no set time when it does it but like I said I can't play for more then 45 minutes to an hour before it freezes.
  • Options
    trespasser1trespasser1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I really hope this gets fixed. Bump
  • Options
    akirababeakirababe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've experience the SAME thing. I just downloaded the game a few days ago and its almost unplayable, I can't play for more then 45 minutes before it freezes completley and I have to hold down my power button to shut off my whole computer. I hope they fix this because it's a very fun game but I can hardly play it, it does it randomly to there's no set time when it does it but like I said I can't play for more then 45 minutes to an hour before it freezes.

The issue you're having sounds more like a computer problem. If the game was crashing, your computer wouldn't freeze up to needing a power off to get out. How old is your PC? Are you using on-board graphics? How full is your hard drive? Have you tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to task manager close the game? Or even Alt+Tab? Before I started self-teaching myself about PCs I used to have one where I installed a good graphics card into the PCI-E slot and after a few weeks of intense MMOs I'd start crashing. I found out later (3 graphics cards later!) that my power supply wasn't sufficient for the card, so the fan wouldn't run properly and it would overheat. I'd get crashes where the graphics just froze up because the card couldn't handle it. If it's a pretty consistent time frame, it definitely sounds like an overheating issue.