test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 million strong population?

possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I logged to the other servers and added up the customers on each instance. Take in to account a generous 100% addition in other instances on the same server to make up for those in transit or doing other things and I come up with......well, not even close to 2 million as Cryptic claims. I don't really feel the gamers are also taking turns or waiting in line or logging in at their leisure either.

During the first 6 weeks these forums had 4 thousand people viewing, now it can barely muster 130 viewers on a busy day. Instances are pretty much empty, 2 on each "server" has between 120-150 and 45-80, with the last 12 or less having very low double and single digit, these are peek times too. Again add 100% population for error purposes and there is no where close to 2 million people playing this game actively.

Summary:
They HAD 2 million registered users that tried the game and quit and currently have significantly less would be more accurate.

A "Guess" by me would be well less than 50 thousand active folks, those that log in at least once a month now.

I state for the record Cryptic is full of BS for even stating they have 2 million players.
There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.