test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feats with the new nerf

cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So I just had a few questions about some feats if the new changes to TR go live.

Cunning Stalker: While stealthed you build 20% more action points - TR's must deal damage to generate action points no? so this Feat will now give 20% more ap to 2-3 at wills and 1 encounter max? Seems a little worthless compared to the 15-20 (not permastealth) you could get before.

Sneaky Stabber: Gloaming cut refills 10% of your stealth bar - It has been tested on preview shard and it refills less stealth than the at-will uses up, so this is a complete waste of 5 points no?

Expert Sneak: You gain 10% run speed and your at-wills reduce targets damage by 5% while stealthed - So if you make use of the at-will damage debuff you will only get a few seconds of that since you can only use 2-3 at wills before stealth breaks, and if you are going to use the debuff you don't make use of the move speed. This one can still be useful in PvP I imagine but effectiveness now vs. effectiveness after nerf is pretty sad =/ (not to mention I am making my TR for PvE)

Sneak of Shadows: 10% more damage while stealthed - Stealth goes away very quickly when you do damage, seems counter intuitive no?

I really like the saboteur tree but after nerf all my feats seem pretty worthless =( Is this intended? Did you purposefully make this tree un-usable? Do I get a respec since you made my tree 20% of what it used to be?

And lastly I enjoy the TR class in the game because of the unique ability to remain stealthed during combat (I am not talking about perma-stealth, and I am referring only to PvE) so I really have very little interest in the class if it's going to be just like every other MMO - Use one ability, stealth breaks, fight like every other fighter until you get out of combat. That's really boring and I already have a GWF...
Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
Post edited by cribstaxxx on

Comments

• lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    So I just had a few questions about some feats if the new changes to TR go live.

Cunning Stalker: While stealthed you build 20% more action points - TR's must deal damage to generate action points no? so this Feat will now give 20% more ap to 2-3 at wills and 1 encounter max? Seems a little worthless compared to the 15-20 (not permastealth) you could get before.

Sneaky Stabber: Gloaming cut refills 10% of your stealth bar - It has been tested on preview shard and it refills less stealth than the at-will uses up, so this is a complete waste of 5 points no?

Expert Sneak: You gain 10% run speed and your at-wills reduce targets damage by 5% while stealthed - So if you make use of the at-will damage debuff you will only get a few seconds of that since you can only use 2-3 at wills before stealth breaks, and if you are going to use the debuff you don't make use of the move speed. This one can still be useful in PvP I imagine but effectiveness now vs. effectiveness after nerf is pretty sad =/ (not to mention I am making my TR for PvE)

Sneak of Shadows: 10% more damage while stealthed - Stealth goes away very quickly when you do damage, seems counter intuitive no?

I really like the saboteur tree but after nerf all my feats seem pretty worthless =( Is this intended? Did you purposefully make this tree un-usable? Do I get a respec since you made my tree 20% of what it used to be?

And lastly I enjoy the TR class in the game because of the unique ability to remain stealthed during combat (I am not talking about perma-stealth, and I am referring only to PvE) so I really have very little interest in the class if it's going to be just like every other MMO - Use one ability, stealth breaks, fight like every other fighter until you get out of combat. That's really boring and I already have a GWF...

• CS, Pointless.
    • Not only is the 5 points used in the Feat tree a waste, so is the 3 used on Gloaming.
    • Expert Sneak, pointless in both situations.
    • Sneak of Shadows : the only one with some viable merit, even though stealth is virtually non existant.

Truthfully, Myself and 7 others still have not found a viable way to proceed past this, if this goes live.

I keep saying the nerf is a Class Killer....and I dont know how much more I can stress this point.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lol sadly I already used my free respec to go saboteur, I created this character back in early OB but just picked him up again.

So does sneak of shadows affect encounters while stealthed since they bring you out of stealth?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • shafikmacenoshafikmaceno Member Posts: 55
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

Exactly the same conclusion that I had ... we will not have any synergy with our feats.