test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloud of Steel Nerf....or buff?

munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
12 Charges - The more daggers thrown, the higher the damage becomes.

Change to 8 Charges.

So..With less charges, the damage of the daggers will become higher, much faster. In theory, I spose the end result of damage given from 12 charges, to 8, would be noticeable, as 12 charges taking the lead obviously.

But as far as burst goes, would not the 8 charges DPS be significantly higher, because of the damage increasing faster? Therefore actually "buffing" the ability?

Am I thinking of this incorrectly guys or, did they just buff this ability to a much better burst?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• banterbanebanterbane Member Posts: 32
    edited July 2013
    I believe you are thinking about it incorrectly. To clarify, if you stopped as is currently only throwing 8 instead of all 12 that would be the same as the 'nerf', so think of it along those lines. Would you stop throwing your daggers as they currently are at 8 instead of throwing all 12 to gain more damage?
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The damage has not changed.

The ramp up has not changed.

Dagger # 8 on Live is equal to Dagger # 8 on preview...

the increasing damage from 9, 10, 11 and 12 is now gone.

Most definitely a nerf.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, it is definitely a nerf.

CoS's damage on description is the basic damage without bonus from stacking. This will not be changed.

However, what people are whining about CoS is about the bonus damage from stacking it on a single target.

CoS's bonus damage is built up as long as rogues keep throwing daggers to the target. Currently, the bonus damage will get to the maximum number at the 12th dagger (assume the chain is not interrupted at all).

With the new change, rogues are only able to build CoS up to the 8th dagger(assume the chain is not interrupted at all). Thus, the maximum potential bonus damage will be much lower than the current one.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ahhh ok ok, thx for the info