test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic should add a terrain builder

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
Using cluster rocks for mountains are really tedious, cryptic should add a terrain editor, like you can shape the earth by growing mountains or shrinking the ground to create a hole for water and instead of using water parts if you add water to a hole it will fill up and you can increase the level or decrease the level of water.

this probably been suggested before but it just means more people wants it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    Using cluster rocks for mountains are really tedious, cryptic should add a terrain editor, like you can shape the earth by growing mountains or shrinking the ground to create a hole for water and instead of using water parts if you add water to a hole it will fill up and you can increase the level or decrease the level of water.

this probably been suggested before but it just means more people wants it

Agreed. I was really surprised there wasn't one. I looked at the terrain and even city exterior maps that are included and looked for about two days for the tools to build those before I determined it's not possible with the tools included; a notion that was confirmed on a simple trip through the forums.

A terrain editor and the ability to rotate and resize the stock maps would be very helpful as well.
  • Options
    koboldbard2koboldbard2 Banned Users Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sorry, you need a real toolset for that, not a mission editor.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well they should add a tool set in another menu then we can use the custom terrain from that and use it on the mission editor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While they're adding that, they can add a terrain PAINTER! (Lush grass texture, sparse, dirt, snow, rugged, etc) Oh, how happy this would make me...!
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Just like how they do it in The Sims games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I make my own terrain tools :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There are some big potential problems with a full terrain editor. The chance of map errors is HUGE.

As a compromise, it'd be really nice to have a wider variety of terrain features to add -- I don't want craggy rocks, I want a gentle grass-covered hill that blends with most landscapes.

(I'd also like some sandy objects for building deserts and beaches)

((in theory, given I've stopped making foundry missions))
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Would be nice if you could remove details on the detailed ones too. For example building a village looks silly because there is grass coming out of buildings and what not.