test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best cheap gear for a GWF?

mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I just got a GWF alt to 60 and was wondering what people would recommend for a cheap set of decent gear. I am looking to spend a maximum of 100K, preferably less than 50K AD.
Post edited by mconosrep on

Comments

• stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Hmm berserker's full set..or 2 bladestorm and 2 berserkers! Depends on what build you're using. Or if you're into pvp get some gear without having to spend ad and do some tier 1 if you want to not spend as much, but check for bargains on ah first for the tier ones.

Then once you've got those focus on 4 vigilant set or if not then go 2 avatar and 2 vigilant. If you're sentinel then you can get cheaper "tankier" gear, but going to have to realise that threat won't be as good as destroyer with higher dps. I have both full sets, but I prefer the Vigilant for pve boss encounters and AoW for mucking around testing with foundries and solo heaps.

I use 2 vig + 2 aow plus my higher dps rings and necks that i swap out for all trash leading up to bosses. I only lose 200 lifesteal with the trash setup. On boss encounters I have 1500+ atm. Vigilant is way cheaper than AoW so take that into account.

I have used the full avatar in pve, but you lose some survivability and also the 4 set bonus from Vigilant gives 5% more damage resist on crit so that's 45% for my destro without taking Daring shout, unstoppable etc into account. I could have more defense in my defense slots, but they are for my lifesteal instead. Too many people underestimate how good life steal is for a gwf :)

Also use your seals you get from dungeons at lvl 60 to get some rings, neck, belt etc, but look at the ideal stats you want first. Gonna have to research both seal merchant and auction house and look at what dungeons you can do to get the desired item you're chasing and set as goals.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    2x berserker+2x vigilant should be good
  • stolly76stolly76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Just looked at ah on dragon and 3 parts out of 4 vigilant (helm is 114k ad) for the other 3 total buyout is 97k. Greaves 25k, scale 31k, bracers 41k, but best to get them cheaper when there's lots of per item on auction house at once. Though since you said you would prefer to spend 50k and less maybe what Warpet said above would be best.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for all the replies - this is purely for PvE Destroyer spec.

It seems that people are strongly recommending the Vigilant set. As the helm is so expensive I might get the other three and pick up another helm for the time being.
    edited July 2013
    Good plan hope you enjoy your new 60 gwf!
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    By level 60 you should have had enough glory saved up to buy a full PvP set from Trade of Blades. I used that until I got my full Avatar. The survivability of it makes it worth it.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    T1 2/2 blademaster/scrappers

T2 2/2 Vigilant/Titan

This balances offense and defense. You can swap out for more defense or more offense as you go.
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    for the super cheap (but not free) option - mixing 2 parts T1 PVP (Heroic duelist) and 2 parts T1 scrapper gives you + 3200 maximum hit points from the 2 two piece bonuses, and is cheap for the glory + AD (or all AD) required. I prefer it over the 4 piece heroic duelist - although the 10% heal on unstoppable is nice. Pretty sure I came in at well under 50k for the set with plenty left over for cheap purple accessories and the best weapon I could afford (sharpened ice axe). Purples without both arm pen & crit are pretty cheap - and often have regen/life steal or +hp on them (surgeon's band, various grades of necklace of control, various grades of belt of control)

Scrappers is all about defense, deflection, regeneration & lifesteal. Heroic duelist has power, crit, arm pen and defense.

The amount of defense, deflect, regen & lifesteal I have makes for high survivability, but not max dps. With the added defence bonuses from a sentinel focus it takes a lot to kill somebody with this gear. But arm pen and crit without enchants is pretty low. Works ok even with no enchants (saving them for decent gear) in solo pve or lower end dungeons. In pvp pretty much just annoy people by not dying quickly when defending a point, and occasionally get lucky with a daily & a string of encounters to take out a squishy.
  • ederlandederland Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got the 4 Heoric Duelist parts for less than 20k AD a few days ago (Dragon server).
    I really like the 10% heal from Unstoppable.
    Assumptions is the mother of all f***ups