[Quest Name] War of the Ancient Elements: The Water World
Body:
Campaign Name - Quest Name by @jedite1000
Short Code: NW-DC7LHALZT
Mission Type: Hack n slash dungeon crawl
Average Duration: -23 minutes
Amount of Combat: Lots
Starts at: (NPC or location) Over world Map

Mission Summary: Dive to the Depths of the ocean where you see amphibian creatures and pirates who went down with the ship. Enter the ice cave filled with Ice Guards then travel to the ice chamber where you will fight Aqua, The Water Warlord.

Author tips/hints: Pretty basic for the first part but you need to be careful near the end of the quest, if a quest yells at you.. You do it without hesitation and you do it quick. Before the boss make sure you grab the checkpoint, you will need it.
There are a lot of ice Golems in the 2nd map but there are ways around it

What world would you like next?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll give it a go Jedite, I will stick it on the list!

I would appreciate a play of 'Part 2' of my campaign, which has a handy 're-cap' for those who didn't play part 1 incidentally, so theres no real need to backtrack, unless of course you want to.

Part 2 is in it's beta phase atm and corrections and crits are always welcome.

Click on my signature picture to jump to the foundry spotlight page, I would appreciate if you would put your review there.. Unless you HATE it, then I'd appreciate a PM :P

Thanks,

Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • Options
    casekukcasekuk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like to type these reviews as I play, so I dont forget anything, please forgive if it feels a bit disjointed because of this... First hand I think is better :)

Ok, so lets look from the start. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing yet, and the first port asks me to go to 'ocean' Perhaps this could be a little more descriptive?

A couple of your NPC's are called 'customized Kobald Minion', might want to rename them :) Also the shadow man doesn't give me a very good indication of what exactly I am doing.
    I'm told about Aqua.. Am I to kill it, speak with it, I'm not sure 'why' I'm here. You will need to describe this a little better I feel. I like the underwater environment though! Very nice!

I like the little quest with Gloob, I think however that as the story teller you really should be able to tell us what 'Gloob' is rather than just saying 'whatever' this is. Give us an idea of what he is, and why he and his friends need your help.

Oh.. just noticed that your mountains behind Gloob are floating slightly. No biggie, just needs a little tweak. This next section tells me to 'go through the cave' and while this is fine, I am still left wondering 'why' I'm doing all this. More description is really needed here to help the player understand 'why' they want to go through the cave?

I cant fault your underwater zone , it looks great, the atmosphere and the sounds work really well, good job! Just watch for 'floating items' they can be a bit distracting.

The next part of the map was very empty, and why 3 EPIC hard mobs all together, followed by many more? The 3 followed me all the way to the others, there was no escaping them, and I died. I didnt really appreciate that to be honest because it was my first death on my lvl 30 rogue :(

Heading back to the massive room with even more of them in. Lets see what happens.

Sorry Jedite.. your map is impossible. You will do nothing but annoy people with this, I am sorry :( I died 6 times trying to get to the door, and I think thats enough for me. I am gonna have to quit out.
    This would be INSANELY difficult on a lvl 60!
    Art (aka Casek)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Part 1: A Mysterious Portal: - NW-DIKGSOTWT
    Part 2: Into the forest: Out now - NW DAVOJC8N7
    Part 3: Through the portal: 50% Finished!
    Part 4: Lvl 113

Does YOUR FOUNDRY need more plays? Try this thread: Click here
  • Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sorry you feel that way, i did it so people can find a different ways around it so it isn't too linear , there is another tunnel with easier mobs so u don't have to fight those guards and if you look carefully there is a couple of small ice steps that take u to a hidden flask, take that to the vendor and she will trade it and in return she will give u an item that makes you friendly to the guards in that large room

maybe i should of gave people hints like a scroll on the wall explaining another way around it.

Ill leave the ice cave unedited for now so u can have another shot at it, if u still cant pass that area, i will remove the golems
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll try this one out tomorrow, with my 60 GWF. - Mind, if you wish to have something truly difficult you should add difficulty sliders. That way people who do not enjoy extreme difficulties/punishment can enjoy the quest anyway.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ill keep that in mind, probably best to tell the adventurer to choose difficulty slider instead of them trying to figure it out.
    ill leave it untouched for now but tell me when u finish playing it so ill make the changes if u r not happy with it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]