What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Foundry Features on Preview

2»

Comments

• brazilianbraidbrazilianbraid Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    AND WE WANT TO GET THEM TO YOU!

But first we need to focus on things that impact the usability and stability of the Foundry.
    There is a HUGE list of requests that we look at and prioritize on a regular basis. That list includes things like Boss fights and team content but also includes features that make it easier for players to find content they will like.

For this update we focused on much needed improvements to the editor and search. The top requested feature was a tag system. That alone was a lot of work.

Adding a solo encounter with more HP sounds easy but we already have that. They are ogres and we see what people want to do with those. There is also the consideration of what a boss means to various players. HP bags tied on to existing encounters may not be a solution for Bosses that allows for Boss encounters.

We really want to give the authors the ability to create boss encounters and build content that is designed for teams. There is a lot to consider when we do this and I wouldn't feel comfortable just adding an HP, ATK-UP <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and call it Bosses.

I do believe you have tones of requests and stuff to do with the Foundry, badbotlimit.
    But hear me out, why don't you put in on a vote?

If there's something COMPLETLY frustrating about this game is the boss battles.
    Your bosses don't do anything. Seriously... Anything!

For a game based on D&D 4e, you guys completely misunderstand the concept of a Solo Monster.
    If your solo monsters were what they are actually supposed to be, there would be no need for a Boss Kind of monster in this game.

The thing that we, Foundry Authors, struggle most to do is the boss battle. And when it actually becomes challenging the way we can do (countless mobs and 1 objective creature, for instance, like in my first quest), we get people complaining about the difficulty and stuff or the number of mobs and then we have to add "difficulty points" to allow a player that can't handle their own to play our quests.

Besides that. The bosses NEVER feel dangerous in a foundry quest. So when we go through a really cool storyline and there's THAT EVIL GUY we must take down... And we finally meet him, we are like: "Oh... Killed him. Now what?"

Just ask around. Make a pool. Create a topic and name 10,000 things you wanna improve in the Foundry but list Boss Battle between them and ask: "If you had to choose one to be the next improvement, what would you choose?" and believe me, you will have many people talking about encounters and boss battles.

Right now, our biggest problem is your encounter mechanics. To the point people put extra mobs in isolated rooms (like in my Saint Seiya quest) because they only want that single monster there and nothing else.
    Just give us a LUA interpreter, mob ability data (ready, cooldown, action), and we'll do the rest. :-)

That would be a start
    War in the twelve temples - NW-DMXDG5KED (Parody of the anime Saint Seiya!)
    The Mysterious Woman - NW-DP6MVIC26 (Venture in the fey wild)

[SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90213885&dateline=1376666164[/SIGPIC]
    Those are high elves, also known as eladrins. The closest beings to the feywild.
    They are a core race from D&D 4e. You can find them in "The Mysterious Woman" quest.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited August 2013
    Lack of boss battles/ group content in Foundry is the primary reason why I created 1 mission and haven't been back since.

It's also the primary reason why the only reason I use the Foundry anymore is to grind out 1 quest I've already done 100 times 4 times in a row as fast as I can for quick diamonds and then forget about it for 24 hours or more.
  • shadownighthawk1shadownighthawk1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everyone wants bosses, thats a given! and eventually, im sure we'll get them, in the mean time, people have to think outside the box! Create the single encounter, when he gets low on health, make him vanish OR become neutral, a few blah blah blah's from him in the way of a conversation, he then vanishes and what reappears is his second form/true form (or whatever you wish to call it), that could include him with a new skin, a few other spawns around him and battle ensues once more! but of course, now the fight is harder! Boss fights im sure will come, but until then, though it might take a little while longer to set up than just slapping in a single boss, we just have to use our imaginations to create something that FEELS like a boss fight! and ive seen alot of foundries done by people so i know that imagination is something that is stacked up in here by the mountain load! :)
  • brazilianbraidbrazilianbraid Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2013
    @shadownighthawk1

It's not like we haven't done what you just mentioned...

...it's that we want more right there. Encounters are too limited. Just that.
    Also, it would be cool if we could change the color of the scenarios somehow. That would be a great next thing.
    At first... Better encounters. Just that.
    War in the twelve temples - NW-DMXDG5KED (Parody of the anime Saint Seiya!)
    The Mysterious Woman - NW-DP6MVIC26 (Venture in the fey wild)

[SIGPIC]http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90213885&dateline=1376666164[/SIGPIC]
    Those are high elves, also known as eladrins. The closest beings to the feywild.
    They are a core race from D&D 4e. You can find them in "The Mysterious Woman" quest.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Also, it would be cool if we could change the color of the scenarios somehow. That would be a great next thing.

You lost me there -- what does that mean? Color of the scenarios??
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think that is something we need to discuss. In the end, players will override, by sheer numbers, any tagging you might add yourself. We have talked about a drop down in the project where the author can add tags. It might provide a good start for players.

We looked several tagging systems and found that most of them are 100% player driven.

Great feedback.

Might I suggest adding a filter to the searching functions that looks for "Author" created tags and one that looks for "Player" created tags. This then allows for the best of both worlds. The author can give players a start (and by side effect gets the quest seen in searches) and it allows players to tag missions. Personally I would always use the Author filter when searching by tags since IMO the player base is less than mature enough to handle proper tagging.
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imperitor35imperitor35 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was wondering if it could be made possible that we have a database of everything we've ever created (costumes, maps, etc) so that if we're creating a campaign with similar or the same costumes, maps, etc; then we could just import in what we've already created?
  • justiful98justiful98 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thanks I will play them
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was gone for almost a year. I honestly expected many more improvements to the foundry. After just completing my Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest quest, I have too say....

Sad. Really, really, really sad.

I was hoping by now there would be a terrain editor at very minimum. All I hear are excuses when I ask about things like this:

Why did we have 3000 detail object limit in beta, and now 1700 detail objects?
    Why did we have 3000 cluster object limit in beta, and now 0 cluster objects?

I hear someone give me some line about objects moving around on their own passed a certain amount of objects. That's something they can't fix? Really? Tell me how they made all the maps in game then huh?

I'm sorry but this ponzy scheme business model is stiffling enough, without lack of some real foundry development. Being negative about this won't change anything, and it's not intended to belittle anyone in particular. Let's face it though, my Neverwinter Nights 2 game from a decade or two ago.... has a better editor than this.

At this point i'm hoping what little tiny smidgeon of the new expansion they drop into the library includes Dragon models and dragon encounters.

Is it really too much to ask for full access to the dev's 'already used in game' library of objects? Seriously?
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • renfrjmrenfrjm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WE WANT BOSS BATTLES!

Seriously... Just make it possible to turn a monster into a solo encounter.

please give us boss encounters, updated detail kits, and branching quest lines. Are any of these coming up and when. Will we every get true boss solo encounters. So we can build a true 5 man dungeon. I know players have been asking for this since launch. Can you give us a time frame. we always get the same answer later on. so when if it is in the works you should be able to give us a date. something to look forward too. The foundry is great it really is fun.
    Also are there going to be dragons in the foundry now, so we can use them in our quest. that would be awesome.
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    The big thing that I want to know is this..... since Rhix doesn't give daily foundry quests.... what incentive is there to play them? I'm hoping the patch today brings the Foundry online... and I hope that you get the 7800 AD you gave to dungeons and skirmishes. I have a feeling you didn't though.

There really needs to be a big incentive to play the UGC, and I would like to leave the suggestion that perhaps instead of giving Foundry plays Rough Astral Diamonds, you simple give them Refined Astral Diamonds... so that they will become regularly played, discussed and focused upon for the need to improve the foundry tools much further than they are now.

As you have been trying to combat botting and whatnot, I think making a viable incentive for everyone to play the UGC would be very beneficial for your business. Even if it's just 1,000 Refined AD per foundry with a limit of 10,000 per day. That would not upset the economy and might appease both the authors and all of the disgruntled "Leadership" exploiters/botters. I think it would be a well timed, addition.
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)