test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

crashing non stop.

raidenz2588raidenz2588 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have never had an issue with the game until now.

right after the game patched, it crashed at the character select screen.

it has crashed 4 times now.

I was able to get into the game by using safe mode, but the second I change any video options the game freezes or crashes.
Post edited by raidenz2588 on

Comments

• itsruiditsruid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    +1

Same thing is happening with my character. Its autosubmitted bug reports on crashing as well.

Just starting the game and loading a char causes a crash. Started right after the latest update, just like OP.
  • baalah1baalah1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 106 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    my loading screen will not even come up since the last patch.
    www.guildmedieval.com If you need a guild read over our website then consider joining. :cool:
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here. Crashes every time I try and change instance, sometimes when loading a character.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • radakillradakill Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My issue varies abit from above, constant crashing only in dungeons and skirmishes. Almost always results in a GameClient.exe error. Logging back in is extremely slow at the character selection screen, after a delay characters eventually appear naked, then after about a minute finally start showing gear. Attempting to login prior to characters showing all gear usually results in another immidiate crash.

Group play (dungeons, skirms) is also rather laggy and choppy, where solo play appears to be fine in most cases.

This is been constant since the 7/18 patch. Discussing this on the zone chat many others say they have the same issues.

Was the verizon problem completely solved or is this a side effect?

Have tried all of the "fixes" I can find in forums/TS
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same, and pfftt 4 times is nothing.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks all, we're looking into this!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • raidenz2588raidenz2588 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kind of funny, shortly after posting this my H100i pump started messing up and I got BSOD a few times because my CPU was burning up. So my issue might have been caused by that.

A few well placed smacks with the handle of a screw driver and my pump seems to be working again....

have yet to try to get back in game, will later.
  • vladisvokvladisvok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not sure if it's related but I've been getting a mix of crashes and internal server errors for the last 2 hours.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am finding that this game is making my video card to hot
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • balleuxballeux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am crashing also every thing was great till patch I have at&t internet
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    literally unplayable, can't even get into game, fix or refund incoming

and stop nerfing everything fun in PvE just b/c of PvP; make separate abilities for PvP ffs
  • vierzweinullvierzweinull Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Thanks all, we're looking into this!

It's been several days and nothing has come back except "looking into this". Meanwhile, a large section of your player base can't log in for your special event. I for one am absolutely uninterested in spending more money on this game when I CAN'T ****ING PLAY IT, and now can't even enjoy this AWESOME drop event. :(

After how much I KNOW has been shoveled into your hungry mouths, the least you could do is hire a ******* support team to respond to all of these requests with SOME level of preference to those who supported your game before launch. Just absurd, why DID I even give you any money if this is the type of customer service I can except to receive? I can't play your game, you won't do anything (it's been DAYS ******), so why am I NOT on correct grounds for a fraud claim...? It's not like I'll lose anything if you ban me, I can't play at all. literally, cannot get into the game, cannot get a response in days from anyone.
  • ny1ajny1aj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have had this issue since patch. After selecting Char the game loads and shows the landing page then crashes. I can be in different maps or even try different chars same thing. BUT..... if when at the char selection screen I wait until it shows my char and then select my char it loads just fine every time. I only seem to encounter the "crash scenario" when launching the game. my guess is that something needs time to load and if you go too fast it buggs out.
  • trespasser1trespasser1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I to am having a similar problem, except it makes my whole computer freeze and the audio makes a "brrr" sounds and I have to hold down the power button until my whole computer shuts off, i can't even play for more then 45 minutes ot an hour without it doing it, it does it at random never in the same spot. It's getting really annoying and I hope it gets fixed soon, because at the rate it's at now the game is unplayable. Other then that the game is amazing, it's just the freezing problem.
  • trespasser1trespasser1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any word on a fix yet? Bump